Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

GBMC made good use of my talents and allowed me to further my career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI progressively increased my responsibilities while employed there. GBMC supported me in furthering my education. The medical staff and the nursing staff have very high values in terms of clinical care. Never had a problem with referring patients and family to the facility as I knew they would get good care.

ConsUnfortunately the leadership sometimes makes decisions that may be financially beneficial in the short run, but in the long interfere with good patient care and the reputation of the hospital.

Nice, place to work - but little opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Towson, MD

ProsGenerally people are very friendly. Teams seem to get along well and work well with other departments. Most employees seem relatively happy.

ConsUpper management out of touch with most "front line" issues. Many projects are launched to placate doctors egos, rather than drive business goals. Very limited opportunity for advancement. No career pathing unless you are part of an elite few.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better efforts to listen to workers at all levels. Develop career pathing programs for all individuals who are interested, not just residents from select MHA programs.

Nice place to work

Registration (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsA great atmosphere; majority of the entire staff are rather friendly and easy to talk to and to get along with.

ConsAlot of favoritism; depending on what department you are in; will determine room for growth (promotion). Immediate supervisors are NOT professional 85% of the time; they tend to do things based off conviency for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being too friendly with your subbordinates; stop taking sides; play your part and jump in and lend a hand when its' short-staffed and you (supervisor) did not take the appropriate steps on finding coverage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GBMC is one company that doesn't care about its employees.

Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) Towson, MD

ProsDecent salary, clean facility, close to home

ConsManagement will turn on you in an instant, no "open-door" policy, always understaffed, overworked, very inflexible with school schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff the hospital appropriately. It's dangerous to patients when the staff is overworked, not getting sleep, or enough days off. Even if you don't care about the staff well-being, patient safety should be a concern.

vERY REWARSING GROWTH EXPERIENCE IN SKILLS AND WAGES

MT(Hematology) (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery great team spirit and support systhem, care for patients, employees, clients, and the communities.

ConsI wanted more challenges. This may not be a GBMC issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo offer an individual/employee a chance in an area they express a greater interest in and to train their own exactly the way they desire them to ultimately function.

I enjoyed working at GBMC

ProsGBMC has great Benefits available!

ConsI don't have any cons about GBMC.

Advice to Senior ManagementGBMC's management team treats their employees well!

Wonderful hospital for patients...

Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThere was always enough work to keep you busy. Working with patients was a very rewarding experience.

ConsPromotional opportunities were limited within the hospital unless you were friendly with certain people in HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for promotion to people if they have proven they can do their jobs.

Slow moving, but solid place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsNice people, pleasant environment. for the most part management treat you well. Good benefits.

ConsPace it a little slow moving if you are not used to it. Hard to get things done sometimes with management. Not a lot of chance for advancement on the non-clinical side. Employee incentive plan is pretty much a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees. Develop more programs or opportunities for career development.

Nice Hospital staff, but management please hire more nurses to better care for patient load.

Supplemental RN (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsFriendly staff for the most part

ConsToo few Nurses for patient load---therefore difficult to provide optimal care

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more nurses to more appropriately attend to patient load & for better patient care. Remove current computer bring on "Epic" software---will allow for better over all patient care.

managers need more business background

Nurse (Former Employee)

Prosproximity to home was a bonus

Consmanagers running units who make exceptions ALL the time, do not have any business background - "just become someone wants to run a unit - does not mean they are qualified to do so" - have no idea how to actually control employees and contain disrespect between them

Advice to Senior Managementoversee your unit managers - ensure that exceptions are not given out unfairly and indiscriminately - put your money where your mouth is and ensure the safety, health and welfare of your employees

Worked for Greater Baltimore Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!