Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Not yet rated.

Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Chief Executive Clive Memmott

Clive Memmott

Best move I've ever made

ProsThe negative reviews below are obviously out of date. Employees who may have been working in ways that weren't acceptable are no longer employees and the team is a great mixture of people employed for a good number of years and happy to be there, and fresh talent that brings an exciting new perspective and a more vibrant culture.

The management and the wider chamber team are working hard not just to deliver better service and achieve some very ambitious goals, but to make this a really good place to work - and I have to say they're doing a great job so far. If you want to gain fantastic experience and exposure to all sorts of businesses, this is the place. No longer part of a bigger group and beholden to historical practices and pressures, this is an organisation with vision, passion and a supportive culture.

ConsThere aren't any as far as I'm concerned.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Horrid........

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsMaybe 1 ..... and it is a tenuous one at that..... it may be a nice entry on ones CV, but really that may be a stretch to far!

ConsMany: The culture of incompetence permeates the whole piece. It realy does beggars belief. I could go on, but it seems. a previous reviewer has beaten me to it. “Nepotism, Incompetence and Unprofessionalism.” Says it all really.... There is litle to add to this.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems that the business planning is non existant. There is no clear leadership and substandard practices are sanctioned from the very top.

There needs to be a complete clear out of the senior management and the whole lot of them replaced with people who are "Qualified" to manage an organisation with such a diverse portfolio and a wide ranging remit.

Nepotism, Incompetence and Unprofessionalism.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsA great name to have on your Cv as it is highly regarded in the bsuiness community

ConsThere is a culture of nepotism within the Chamber. Favouritism of certain related staff members is the norm. Those not favoured by the management are treated with disrespect and rudeness.
    Important issues are brushed under the carpet, sack worthy offences are ignored and the victim left to face the embarrassment of seeing the perpertrator showered with praise and more responsibilities.

Senior management ignores "good mornings" to staff doesn't know staff names who have worked here for years and breaks confidentialities of staff members on a regular basis infront of other team members.

Overall, as a business that "supports" other businesses and is meant to pave the way in terms of policy and government initiatives, there is an appauling gap in the knowledge, performance and behaviour of the management.

Worked for Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce? Contribute to the Community!