Greater Trenton Behavioral Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
CEO

1. Good learning experience. Most of the time, you will need an MSW or counseling degree to move up in the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Greater Trenton Behavioral

Pros

Flexible schedule and generous paid time off policy.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement, low salary, little to no chance of a raise and some of the staff is unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Improve the organizational culture.

2. Program coor,

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at Greater Trenton Behavioral

Pros

great co workers that really help when needed

Cons

little chance for career advancement. Management hires from outside organization for top jobs

Advice to Management

create a stronger team philosophy, Have team meetings to discuss changes in the community that affect the clients. It is important that we get to know other co workers to improve community relationships

Passion and creativity abounds with poor communication and putting out fires.

I worked at Greater Trenton Behavioral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are passionate and work very hard to help those in need; my lead supervisor was an amazing boss to work with! She was very understanding, caring, and there to help you succeed! Co-workers really got along great with one another. Very flexible! They give you 3 days off a month for PTO and they add up which is nice. This is a great place to get the experience for your clinical license but people leave relatively quick once they obtain it.

Cons

Over worked due to lack of funding and not hiring new people, hard to get new programs passed by higher ups, they tend to sit on ideas. Administration is very political and tends to have a hard time in managing change. I had so much PTO saved up but my last month of work we were short on staff and the department works as a team so I wasn't able to take any PTO. When I left I was under the impression that you could cash out on PTO just to find out they don't pay out so I lost all that time. A lot of independence which is a good and bag thing. No one really trains you to do your job and no one helps in supporting you a lot of times because everyone is overworked and running around trying to do their own job. Your supposed to get a raise at a certain time but no one ever checks or keeps up with it, there's supposed to be a yearly review but its not done consistently. All employees are over-worked!

Advice to Management

Administration needs to communicate better with staff instead of working people half to death, the hierarchy chain is ridiculous and as a result nothing moves. Administration is great at budget cuts and taking things away but doesn't work on creating solutions or ways to find resources. They need to work on encouraging and building their faithful employees because all of the people who stay there feel a calling or a sense of satisfaction in working at GTBHC. Everyone is afraid of administration and their should be more unity and support.

5. Very gratifying, worked very hard for little very pay.

Former Employee - Counselor in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Counselor in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Greater Trenton Behavioral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really make a difference in peoples lives. Flexibility Paid Time Off Communication between staff

Cons

Low pay Workload Upper management - little to none communication.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, more leadership management training among administrators.

RSS Feed </> Embed