Green BEAN Delivery

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Matt Ewer

Great People, Great Mission, Mediocre Execution

Indianapolis, IN

ProsFree organic food, friendly co-workers, passionate owners, great place to start if you're young & looking to build your resume

ConsPoor compensation, Horrible PTO policy, Inexperienced leadership ("making it up as we go" management style), delivery drivers are over-worked and micro-managed, which leads to high turnover and bad hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire externally for some experienced managers, implement more performance metrics and standard operating procedures.

Long hours, harsh working conditions, and low pay.

Indianapolis, IN

ProsWeekends off, casual work environment.

ConsUnreasonably long hours at times (14+), no heat during harsh winter months, no longer offers employee grocery bins (abruptly cancelled, during a period of record sales no less, after years of being nearly the only benefit for warehouse employees), make it up as it goes management style, low pay, and poor communication that complicates employees' daily tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster an environment that respects employees and adequately staff departments in order to avoid stressing loyal employees with heavy workloads.

Great employees to work with.

Production Worker (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsYour co-workers are really what make the place fun. Mostly musicians and artist at entry level. Managers are pretty easy to get along with.

ConsIf you show that you are a good employee you are given more responsibility but for the same pay. So, others that do less work and are average are paid the same amount. It seems like the management is just making things up as they go along. I worked there for quite a while and they fired me for a misunderstanding and were unwilling to let me do another task in order to help me out. I guess that I just wasn't buddy enough with my supervisor. Suggestions for the company, forget it! They say they want feedback but don't listen or can't do anything about it. Hours are rarely 40 hours/week.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees just don't need hours all the time... You can stretch a worker too thin. Listen to the ones getting the job done!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with a great mission

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAdvancement opportunities, community involvement, mission to sell sustainable, healthy foods, environment where teamwork and creativity are encouraged and rewarded

ConsCompensation, Communication cause problems sometimes, some managers are inexperienced

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time planning and communicating with employees

Worked for Green BEAN Delivery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Green BEAN Delivery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Green BEAN Delivery CEO Matt Ewer. All reviews posted anonymously by Green BEAN Delivery employees.