Green Guard Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
2.2

CEO

Absolutely loved the position, excellent regional sales managers, but felt like a little fish in a big pond by corporate

Former Employee - Territory Manager - Central Ohio Market in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Territory Manager - Central Ohio Market in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Green Guard

Pros

This is a remote position, the company being in St Louis, Mo, your office is your home. All of your inventory (first aid and safety supplies) are sent UPS to your home. They provided a company van, in excellent condition, to house your inventory and to service your business accounts. In the central Ohio territory I was blessed with two different regional managers while I was with the company and they were both fantastic. Being a veteran sales professional, they took me to the next level and were always there to help me improve my craft. If you can open new accounts, cross sell existing customers new products and services, you can make excellent money with this company. Being a remote position has its advantages, they have a basic outlined schedule M-F however as long as you are servicing your customers, hitting your numbers, and getting new accounts... its pretty much like having your own business, with none of the overhead, and all of the benefits of working for a publicly traded company.

Cons

The reason I resigned from my position was they were restucturing pay for Territory Managers on a national level. This was due to the slowing ecconomy. The company was attemting to do a good thing in raising salaries, and lowering commission percentages in attempt to make their employees incomes more stable and for most territories this was probably very helpful. In my territory it would have been about a 10k a year pay cut. This is a real sales job, if your a hunter, and have excellent relationship management skills.. you are going to do well.. if you dont, dont waste your time.

Being a remote position I feel the technology could have been better. There a lot of reports that are definately need to be done and are extremely helpful both to you and to your managers to help you improve. For a company the size of Unifirst Corp, I would think there would have been a stronger IT department. Too much repetitve information from one report to the other.

Develope an online system your territory managers can enter information into vs the forwarding of exel spreadsheets that are being edited by many different people it would save everyone time and you would have better accountablity. Although, the pay restucturing was an attempt to do a good thing, relize that every territory is not the same. As a loyal employee doing an exceptional job for the company, I felt "Punished" for doing a god job. Being that my compensation package was mainly commission based, regardless of the economy, in my opinion their was no justification for a pay cut in my territory, and when I attempted to talk with management I felt like a little fish in a big pond.

A lot of hard work for little money.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Green Guard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company vehicle, good customers, good products

Cons

Pay scale, unprofessional management communications, poor overall training, low tech

Improve pay and incentives

Drove too many miles and pay is pitiful.

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Green Guard

Pros

Get a company Van and expenses for it are taken care of.

Cons

Too much micro-managing. Upper Management has forgotten what is like in the field. Get out from behind the desk, doing reports and making spreadsheets and try to sell in this economy. Pay is way to low. You cannot do it like you did 10 years ago.

Increase the pay. Get out in the field more and help sell. Need to learn what other companies are doing and do the same to help with the growth. Should not be having to compete with the parent company on selling First Aid. UniFirst should not be selling in a territory where their is a Territory Manager. Have protected territories or at least not compete against parent company or other independent contractors selling our First Aid produtcts.