Green Key Resources

You get what you give.

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Competitive commission structure. Compensation is technically uncapped; if you're successful here, you can earn a lot of money in a fairly brief amount of time.
    - Depending on your team, work environment is fairly relaxed.
    - No one actually keeps track of days taken off, time you're out of the office for lunch, etc. If you're billing well, you have a lot of flexibility and a positive work/life balance.
    - Young, growing company.
    - Internal contests with monetary rewards.

Cons

- This isn't a cushy corporate job. There's no coffee, free lunches, lounge areas, etc. Many people don't expect these things, but it's worth noting when you're working in NYC (since there are many companies that do offer these sorts of perks).
    - Medical benefits are expensive, and you can't begin contributing to their 401K plan until you've been working there for at least one year.
    - You can make a killing in any division (otherwise they wouldn't exist in the first place), but some groups are definitely better to be in than others in terms of number of jobs to work on, team morale, mentoring, etc. If you're a recent college graduate, you don't have much of a choice regarding where you end up.
    - Privacy is limited - Open floor atmosphere (no cubicles) where everyone can see what you're doing and vice versa.

Temping here does not pay, misrepresent pay and a lot of other things

Current Employee - Secretary in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Secretary in New York, NY

I have been working at Green Key Resources part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Initially the recruiters greet you warmly and seem professional as they take your information and ask questions and seem to listen and "take notes".

Cons

The recruiters are not listening especially when you tell them why you enjoy he flexibility of temping and prefer it to full time work. No information is given as to how long an assign will be, and it could go on for months if you don't speak up and ask for status. If you do ask for status, expect delays with callbacks from them or vague replies that require you to "wait" and "give them time". Recruiters have misrepresented assignments and talent ends up underpaid which is disappointing and they don't want to get into retroactive pay for working a job that is above the pay rate you agreed on for a specific job. For example, a Receptionist does not get the same pay as a Legal Assistant. Never has and never will. If an assign is not working for you, simply ask for a re-assign. If they badger you to find out why you won't stay, there's your answer. It's not about retaining and listening to their talent, it's about putting a warm seat in the chair for their client and collecting a salary from said client. The recruiters offer no protection nor give a headsup on a difficult client and just hope the talent won't notice out of desperation to earn a check. This equals disaster for everybody and makes Greenkey look bad.

If you are asking your recruiters to ask talent about what they want, respect what they want and follow through. Very disappointing. Make sure you follow through on making sure your talent gets paid for the work they are doing and not for what you claim the client initially told you. Despite my disappointment, I stay in touch with the firm for work, but since asking for a re-assign on a project, they have been remiss on finding me subsequent work yet keep placing ads for secretaries and receptionists. Very odd.

Best Environment in the industry!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Green Key has been a breath of fresh air. They offer a laid back environment with no micro-managing. The leadership at Green Key understands the importance of work life balance. They encourage individuality and offer all the resources necessary to succeed in the staffing industry.

Cons

Really none that I can think of currently. Staffing can be a tough job with ups and downs but Green Key leadership does all they can to promote a positive environment.

Keep it going!

Research Analyst

Former Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Green Key Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to jobs on the market

Cons

Recruitment is a cutthroat industry. Try just about anything else before deciding on this as career

Motivated Employees Who Work Hard & Play Hard

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Green Key has been an ongoing learning experience. Over the past two years the management has provided me with the opportunity to work in different capacities and I continue to learn and to acquire new skills each day. I have the pleasure of interacting regularly with each of our employees across our six offices nationally. In doing so I have found that across our offices our employees are some of the most motivated, diligent, and extroverted individuals who care about the individuals with which they work whether it's coworkers or candidates.

Not only do we work hard in the office, but we also play hard out of the office whether it's organizing a dodge ball or kickball team or participating in fantasy sports and various sports brackets. Green Key has created a sense of community both in the office as well as out of the office.

Cons

There is absolutely a learning curve upon hire. Be prepared to take copious notes and to review them daily outside of business hours over the first few weeks you are here. Putting in the effort will only help you progress!

Green Key Resources- A Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time

Pros

The employees I’ve had the pleasure of working with are diverse, ranging from recent college grads to professionals with their Master’s degrees, but they share a common drive and sense of purpose. I was initially hired as a Researcher, with the goal of transitioning into a Recruiter role, which has really allowed me to learn my way around the recruiting industry. I am confident that once I do transition into a Recruiter role, the mentorship and training I’ve gained will make me well equipped to succeed. This is definitely an environment in which self-starters are able to thrive.

Cons

None- Green Key Resources has proven to be the ideal place for me to launch my postgraduate career,

None.

Couldn't be happier with my decision to work here

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time

Pros

It's a great sign that most of the people have been here for a few years or even more, it's much more stable than other recruiting firms and they really want to invest in each person they hire. They do a great job of matching employee personalities with the teams they're on and want each person to be in the right place for them. There's a very open flow of communication between the management and employees. Everyone seems very happy here and people even spend a lot of time with each other outside of work.

Cons

It was somewhat intimidating starting out but there's a learning curve with every new job. People here are very focused on their own individual tasks and it is less team based, which is the case in most sales environments.

Definitely continue Summer Fridays and maybe allow more flexible hours

Don't be fooled by all the glowing reviews- just google them!

I worked at Green Key Resources (more than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

The most dishonest people I've ever met. Like most staffing agencies they care about the money and not candidates or clients.

Office is a joke- no one wants to get a key in order to use a bathroom. I was embarrassed to bring candidates there.

be ethical- you'd keep more clients and employees

Green Key may get you gigs but may misrepresent the job or pay rate

I have been working at Green Key Resources as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work here? You get put to work fairly quickly. Know what you like, what you don't, communicate what your plans are, what flexibility you like, and why you want to temp versus go perm.

Cons

Agency misrepresented long term temp gig and requires higher payrate, been shy and stonewalling to fix.

When you email your employee to "give it time" to assess their concerns about a gig, and they do, and come back to you for help, don't blow them off or ask them to give you more time. Especially when it's about money. And if your employee tells you they like the flexibility temping offers, believe them and work with them. Otherwise you will lose some major temp talent by misrepresenting gigs that need people to act more like full time employees. Remember your employees do not answer to your client -- they answer to you and you should be protecting them as they help bring in the money for you.

Awesome Experience, Great Leaders

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work environment, very collaborative team, flexibility and working in an environment where I don't feel chained to my desk, the company gives you the opportunity to grow and flourish in an individual manner, nothing is blanketed for everyone

Cons

None that come to mind - this has been a breath of fresh air after having some rough recruiting experiences. I have greatly enjoyed my time at this company

Maybe provide a little more feedback to employees about what is expected of them

Green Key Resources Photos