Green Tree Servicing

Add Photos

Keith A. Anderson

Awful

Tempe, AZ

Prosbenefits and the break room is nice

ConsMicro management, no training, awful managers, no time off, don't even know where to start for as big as this company is it's just awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like they are 2 year old and talking down to them.

Helping home owners financial needs in the refinance marker, or purchasing new property.

Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsYou get what you put in based on your work. Job is strictly commission based so the harder you work the more you will make

ConsNo room for advancement or career growth within the company

Unprofessional office and unethical collections

Front End Collections (Former Employee)
    Fredericksburg, VA

Pros32,000 a year. Compensation =good. working with rude loudmouths = bad!

ConsAt Fredericksburg, VA office, co-workers, yelled when they got a payment, shouted at and demeaned the customers, rude, loud atmosphere in a CALL CENTER!! People were singing out loud at their desks for all to hear...bad environment for focusing on customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up and tell the LOUD, RUDE people to shut up!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Escrow Specialist (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsGreat benefits and pay for what you do.

ConsCompetitive environment which makes everyone focused on moving up rather than improvements that could really make working there enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee Cons

Work work work

ProsMonthly bonus potential is available.

ConsMicromanagement to the 1000th degree.

GREAT JOB IF YOU WANT NO LIFE AND/OR HAVE NO FAMILY TO GO HOME TO

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe bonuses were nice , that is if you can ever achieve them.

ConsEVERYTHING ELSE, such as the management, pay, lack of training, unrealistic expectations, not very understanding of having time off. You are expected to be there rain, sleet, hail, hell (lol), snow, and any other weather conditions. Everyone is all for self. It's not a very friendly company. They act like robots and you are expected to learn a years worth of information in one week! You will be micro managed like never before. You are

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP MICRO MANAGING ADULTS! PROVIDE ADEQUATE TRAINING!! TWO WEEKS TO LEARN PILES OF INFO IS RETARDED! Don't expect someone to perform at high levels when they are not provided with the training and info in order to do so!

Grass not greener here.

Collections Specialist (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsFree oatmeal and soda for a quarter in the break room. All employees agree this is the best benefit the company has to offer at this time.

ConsWhere to start? Lack of any meaningful training WHATSOEVER. My 'training' was 3 days long in which time we were mostly sat with other NEW trainees who had only been there about a month and knew nothing themselves since they were still also in training. Maybe about 6 hours classroom/trainer time total in which we were taught the valuable knowledge of the difference between a mobile vs. modular home and nothing else that actually related to our job duties at all. Next we are thrown onto the floor being expected to collect on extremely complex and very high balance charged off 2nd liens - about the worst paper I've ever seen in my 15 years in collections - mired in restrictions,multiple state laws and exceptions to laws, FDCPA and compliance red tape - it's almost impossible unless you have many years MORTGAGE expertise that anyone will be able to 'master' this piece of the collections pie. First 'verbal warning' I was told by the GM that I was silently blaming him personally for my failure to hit goal. No encouragement or positive reinforcement here. When I advised him of my thoughts on our lack of training and this being a very complex product and asked for additional training I was told in another meeting that I needed to do my own homework at home and was given a dictionary of mortgage terms and told to study it at night on my own time and also that management had exhausted the resource limit on me and WOULD NOT be wasting any more resources on me. In another meeting I was again told that he knew I would fail and asked me to quit so he wouldn't have to fire me and when I declined told me he knew any success I had would be a 'flash in the pan' and he would just need to wait a little longer to walk me out the door. HR also no help. After several terrible meetings I initiated an open door meeting with our HR rep and after a lengthy meeting and request to move departments she advised me my allegations were 'serious' and that she would do a thorough investigation and 'cycle back around to me' after she had something resolved. Several weeks later my next meeting was my termination notice with her. Daily collections floor: 6am shifts 3-4 day a week are a nightmare. Pay is terrible and bonus nearly impossible with goals being about 80k raw dollars a month at this time and zero help from anyone to hit that goal, especially supervisors. Here's a fact they don't advertise in job listings: current policy states no merit increases or raises of ANY KIND till after 5 years of employment. Expect ZERO training or on the job trouble shooting with any of the management here. Good old boys club, playing favorites, unlimited perks for friends, swift punishment for all else. An overall nightmare that I would hate to repeat or wish on my worst enemy. This place is so bad I ended my friendship with the contact that referred me after she told me she knew I'd hate it but she needed the referral bonus since no one got the regular bonus there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all management and start fresh. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

Depends on your manager

Default Services Assistant (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsLarge, stable company with good benefits.

ConsThe salary is very low, and the production standards increase steadily without increased compensation. Some departments manage by using the stick rather than the carrot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey really need to provide better training and mentoring for new supervisors.

Chaotic

Manager (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe company offers an awesome benefit package.

ConsNo training of any kind. They do not have any procedures, workflows, or job aides. And the employees are trying to make it through the excessive work loads that they don't have time to do hands on training as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know what needs to be done, so do it.

Frustrated

Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee)

ProsAutonomy-ability to work from home as a Mortgage Loan Officer with little/no hassle from management if you are doing your job.
    Draw-Very good compared to most company's.
    Marketing Material-Lots, you get a 2k expense for the material a year.
    Benefits-Better than other company's I've reviewed.
    Pricing/rates-INCREDIBLY GOOD compared to other companies.

ConsAlthough the company is relatively responsive with questions and requests, there can be a miscommunication between departments if your looking for a certain answers. One dept may say yes, another may say no. Underwriters/processors sometimes lag on files so you have to light a file up their butt. VERY FEW products to offer customers at this point. Guidelines appear to be more strict than other companies. I've lost customers because we don't have certain products or our guidelines wont allow for us to do a loan for certain borrowers when other companies might. The particular management I have is often not there, or takes days to get back to me when I have an issue. It can be incredibly frustrating when I can't reach my manager or set up a meeting with them, myself, and a realtor. Commission not that great, but when you consider all the other things you get, it's not bad either.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your MLO's how their management is doing...especially in the so cal area. Management should not be using fear tactics and should be encouraging employees. Understand that MLO's ARE going out for the business, we are simply loosing it because of the lack of products and our strict guidelines.

Worked for Green Tree Servicing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Green Tree Servicing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Green Tree Servicing CEO Keith A. Anderson. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Green Tree Servicing employees.