GreenbergFarrow

Updated October 7, 2014
Updated October 7, 2014

Essie Ghadrdan

Lifetime Experience

I have been working at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company provides upward mobility to all employees no matter what level you join there is always room for growth.

Cons

If you apply yourself you can make a good living which includes bonuses.

Reward your company veterans.

It was a good place to work.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexibility with hours and work from home. Great tools, brand image, consistency. John Nourzad was an inspiring leader in Civil Dept. Branch office executive management was usually missing (i.e. working from home for weeks on end).

Cons

several transitional periods, and the company was reinventing itself a few times. After recession and 2008, they really didn't give raises or bonuses anymore... but that is par for the course when companies are trying to stay afloat. Branch office executive management was usually missing (i.e. working from home for weeks on end).

none

The best professional decision I have ever made.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement based on merit, professional independence, flexibility to create and implement change, solid company leadership, higher than industry standard wages, exposure to high profile projects and clients.

Several years ago, a contact informed me of a potential opportunity with GreenbergFarrow. I interviewed with several members of the company's management team and was offered the position. Eight and a half years later, I have never regretted, for one second, the decision to join the firm. I am proud to be a part of the company and excited for its future.

Cons

Long hours, demanding clients - typical in the industry. As we are in a regional office, communication from corporate can at times be irregular.

Continue to move forward with and implement the 2015 Strategic Initiatives developed as part of GreenbergFarrow’s 2012 Strategic Planning summit. They are worthwhile and will strengthen the company as it continues to grow.

One of the best firms to work for in architecture and engineering

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing rapidly, entering new markets and sectors. Great ability to advance. The leadership has really found it's stride and is implementing a positive strategy for moving forward. The ability to compete in markets like China and Mexico provides so many opportunities to design the type of buildings that architecture students dream of when they are in school. GreenbergFarrow is one of those rare places where you can learn state of the art design and real world practical construction experience at the same time. The steady stream of quick turn around retail program projects provides unique access to some of the largest and most well known companies in the world. I couldn't think of a better place than a firm like GreenbergFarrow to hone my skills. I feel lucky to be working here.

Cons

Typical for any office- long hours and tight deadlines

Keep up the great work. One of the best places that I have ever worked.

Stay Far Far Away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a couple of people there that are not sycophantic liars. Other than that there are no real pros.

Cons

It is poorly managed by people that have no concern other than their own advancement and salary, most employees are extremely underpaid and under valued, the quality of work is not a real concern, quality of design is a joke, and they micro-manage the small amount of vacation, sick days, and holidays that you are given.
    Management makes hollow promises and will often say just enough to get you not to quit.
    The health insurance has gone up, the out of pocket minimum requirement has increased by nearly 35%.
    There are several people there that have worked for more than two years without any sort of cost of living increase or raise, and this is with the upper management giving themselves hefty bonuses of course.

Grow a conscience.

I won't recommend working here...if I could rate it lower I would.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at GreenbergFarrow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros...one of the worst run companies I ever worked for.

Cons

Management is horrible and clueless. Completely ineffective and decision making is very poor. Continually grasping at straws and strategic directions lag significantly behind the market.

Desperately need new CEO and management structure.

Beware of being hired and not lasting more than 2 weeks in-house

Current Employee - Civil Engineer CAD/Drafter in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer CAD/Drafter in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at GreenbergFarrow full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly staff and atmosphere

Cons

Civil Engineering does not know how to manage there department in Arlington Heights,IL

They really need to value who they hire in-house (Direct). I thought i came in to assist in-house and grow just to be layed off after 2 weeks. I would never recommend anyone to work there if this is their ethics.

A company that is unfortunately shrinking it's market share and is in decline.

I worked at GreenbergFarrow

Pros

Good people around me and nice work environment

Cons

Poor management, they need new blood

Time to retire and find new blood