Greencore Reviews

Updated July 28, 2014

1.7

Greencore Group CEO Patrick Coveney
Patrick Coveney

Greencore is in it for the money, not concerned about people/employees, but they put on a good show.

Current Employee - Facilitiesl Tech  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Facilitiesl Tech in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Steady work, 7days a week, all year. Good if you are just looking for a paycheck.

Cons

Place open 24/7 365 days a year. Extreme environments, from below 0; to ambient air temperature in storage rooms. You need to learn a second language, 90 percent of employees are Hispanic, and do not understand or speak English well. There is a whole lot of favoritism in the facility I work in, no chance of moving up. Production employees very seldom make 40 hours, lucky to get 25 to 30 hours a week. All in all, not a very happy place to work.

Pay attention to the people that are making you money, It's time for a change. The majority of management at this facility do not like Greencore, since we were bought by you. It also would help if the so called frontline supervisors had better training.

My experiences is nothing like my training explained.

Current Employee - Line Operator  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Line Operator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Greencore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting new people and experience different challenges.

Cons

Hours and parking situations ability to wait on company to correct the problems.

Get the schedule right,get parking situations together and break times.

Not for Competent Professionals

Former Employee - Director  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Greencore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't think of anything beyond "better than not working at all." It is a very difficult environment with little respect for one's personal time - there is no balance.

Cons

No respect for abilities; a "command and control" management unwilling to listen to ideas and proposals. No understanding or display of leadership. One senses a two-tier structure - Europeans on top, Americans subservient. Bad behavior by several top management members (door slamming, swearing, etc.). Confirmation comes in the form of their high professional staff turnover. Those of us who keep in touch recommend "do not apply" in our networks.

When Patrick Coveney comes to the US he needs to see what it's really like to work there and not be blinded by the "show" put on for him. Or maybe he only cares about the numbers?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My mother told me if you have nothing good to say, don't say anythng!

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am thinking and I am still thinking! I will need to get back to you

Cons

Poor selection of management. Majority of the managers have not been exposed to a real organization

Senior Management in the UK truly needs to reflect on their direction.

company trying hard but has a way to go

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good people work there but lacks in leadership
    excellant training programme for those wanting to advance

Cons

job can be very fustrating at times

set the goals and do not move them

Clueless and rudderless

Current Employee - Operator  in  Evercreech, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operator in Evercreech, England (UK)

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a family atmosphere some decent people still on the shop floor

Cons

Past year has thrown away all the positive people engagement, focused on top down ideas to save money that are ill founded and has put distance between shop floor and management who are now rarely seen. Lack of vision and understanding of people and processes. Many people suffering from serious stress issues.

Engage, more honesty and support of your people. needs to review the mess here and will see why the place is failing

Not very people orientated, going downhill sadly

Current Employee - Management  in  Evercreech, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management in Evercreech, England (UK)

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Big company, lots of sites. People on the shop floor care but this is decreasing quickly. makes great products although quality is being compromised

Cons

plays at having a vision, fails to communicate, short sighted in its plans, wants short term gains ahead of sustainability and quality. Fails to develop people merely uses its systems as as leverage. Things dont improve as they dont really get what the problems are or have a strategy to deal with them, equipment is ancient and falling apart but nothing is done

Understand your people enough so that you can recognise their abilities and utilise them for the good of the company, stop protecting your own egos at the expense of challenging the situation

Welcome to Greencore - We care

I have been working at Greencore full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

This year I have seen this company bring grown men and women to the brink of tears at the festive period by telling them that they have to work Christmas Eve, Boxing day, New years eve - Nightshift so they can wish each other a happy 2014 across a lasagne, and New years Day - all with hours of notice after they had made plans with their families. Mostly immigrants though so what does it matter?

I've seen people bullied into working 12 hours a day - 7 days a week - mostly immigrants though so hey.

I've seen people refused holidays that are due to them so that at the end of the year they lose them and are left unpaid for holidays they are due. Hey Ho.

I've seen people work 8 hours without a break and yet be chastised for NOT being into work 10 minutes EARLY!!!!

I've heard of people soiling themselves, in any way you can imagine because they would not be let away from the production line to go to the toilet. IN A FOOD FACTORY!!!

People are threatened with the sack when they refuse to work 1 day's overtime after working 25 days straight - this place is insane!

I could go on, really I could - Honestly the things that go on are atrocious, but I have a mortgage to pay so I take it - but in 2014 that's going to change and make no mistake about it.

Happy New Year people.

Find someone to do my job!!

Discrimination, slavery

Former Employee - Line Operative  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Line Operative in London, England (UK)

I worked at Greencore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are lithuanian that would be your best working place! Dont see any another good sides of Greencore Bow

Cons

In this factory mostly are working lithuanians, english level -1, people been forced to work more than 7 hours without breaks, without toilet, there been times when people actually pee them self. Ij you are not lithuanian you will be embarrassed in front of everyone!

Change the whole management, especially those who working there for 10 + years

All about the money

Former Employee - Supply Chain
    Former Employee - Supply Chain

I worked at Greencore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong business with stable foundations and profitability
    A lot of expert knowledge on their industry sector

Cons

Is all about the money and treat their employees like comoddities
    Very poor HR processes - they are generally inflexible and rigidly stick to decisions, even though you present perfectly valid arguments for a different course of action
    Culture of blame avoidance - people are afraid to to make mistakes and so focus all their efforts on trying to shift responsibility from their desk to someone else, so problems end up doing a shuffle round the departments getting worse at each stage

recognise the value people add to your business

Worked for Greencore? Contribute to the Community!