Greencore Reviews

Patrick Coveney

Jacksonville, FL

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Greencore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people to work with.

Cons

Little to no training. High turnover rate with both production workers and management. No parking at the plant. No overtime. You rarely get your 40 hours a week. N.o pay increases at all. Promotion of employees with out posting jobs. Picking favorites. No appreciation for hard work or dependable people.

Advice to Management

Post Jobs. Allow full 40 hrs plus if need be. Pay raises. No change how things are done every 2 or 3 weeks Promote and recognize hard work etc.

2. Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Greencore (More than 3 years)

Pros

good experience in fresh foods

Cons

board refused to allow bonuses, pay increases, or legitimate exercise of share options

Advice to Management

follow through on promises

Management

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Sorry to say there are no pros to working for Greencore. Executive Directors past and currently in place are idiots. They just spent 40 million dollars on a plant in Rhode Island that will likely never turn a profit. The company is rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the US convenience food industry. If you are a firm competing against Greencore a big sigh of relief is in order. Greencore is no competition. If you wait them out they will just buy you out. It is difficult to figure out what Greencores business strategy is but they are heads and shoulders above their competitors when it comes to losing money. Who are the real dopes? The sharpies over here filling their pockets or the board of directors in Dublin who continue to fund this fiasco.

Cons

If you have an English or Irish accent you are a god to this company. Us Americans, we're all dopes. They will spend days building spreadsheets that do nothing and at the same time they are throwing away expired product by the pallet. The regulatory agencies can't stomach these people due to their arrogance. Its all smoke and mirrors. Every time they have an issue they just write another policy that no one will follow.

Advice to Management

Working for this company should be the last act of a desperate man

5. Going downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Don't have much to say but it is a job.

Cons

Place has gotten worse. My opinion is they are trying to force out associates with seniority. And replacing them with temp service people. The majority of people that are there now are bottom of the barrel stuff. There is basically a revolving door so many people are coming and going. There have been fights, employees vehicles vandalized, and present management does not seem to care. Definitely not a good workplace environment. The building is small and there is so much stuff sitting around blocking pathways, and sometimes main doorways.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO THE EMPLOYEES!

poor

Current Employee - Line Supplier in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Line Supplier in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Greencore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some good people who work there. The pay and benefits

Cons

your days off you will not get them exact.there cheat you out your brakes.And there work you pass your hours everyday.No regards for your well being or personal life.

Advice to Management

no respect,towards there employees. They talk and stab one another in the back like its a hobby.

7. Polotics

Current Employee - Fuji Op in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Fuji Op in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

A pay check somewhere to work

Cons

Over worked under paid I like having a job So I work until find something better I'm a fuji op and a good one my lead was late I got the line started and with my help my line broke a record for how. Many wraps one shift has done.just because someone does not have a high school diploma does mean treat them any kind of way

Advice to Management

Stop the politics pay the worker who make a difference

8. ware house production operator

Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Greencore (Less than a year)

Pros

love the people. an take pride in my work

Cons

no job security no set days an anytime ur shift is subject to change

Advice to Management

my objective is looking for a career an have a since of security in a job.somewere were i can stay.

Highly profane language, disorganization, extremely harmful to the body

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Greencore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seriously ? Can't think of any . That place is a continuing offense to the human's dignity.

Cons

Jobs that I do not wish on my worst enemy. People yelling and screaming profanity and sexual speeches without ever stopping. Managers who act as the workers. Temperature below freezing, always, Cement floor very hard for the legs and back. Food and containers falling continuously from the production line, covering the dirty floor; sometimes they are collected and thrown in the trash, sometimes they are collected and delivered to be sold. Environment very similar to Dante's Inferno. I will leave 'that awful place a soon I find a job elsewhere.I sense a lot of reverse discrimination in that place.

Advice to Management

Do your job seriously by applying the rules and regulation without being to much body-body with certain employee and , vice versa, being nasty and unfriendly with other.

10. wouldnt recommend working here

Pros

not sure if I have any pros for this place

Cons

No one knows what they are doing (Managers)

11. Stable in the area I'm working; the company as a whole is trying to grow too fast and there are some pains.

Pros

Customer base is solid and work is very consistent.

Cons

Trying to grow too fast without getting some of the basics of business solid first.

RSS Feed </> Embed