Greene Resources

Gary Greene

Great people and culture

Current Employee - Recruiter/Sourcer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Sourcer in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Everyone works well together as a team. If you are not a contractor the benefits are great!

Cons

Training and implementation could be better.

Ok

Pros

Like the people I work with

Cons

Cant go to any company events

Greene Resources Needs More "Resources" To Prevent Employee Burnout

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Paid training for entry level positions

Cons

Tough environment (call center), with extremely strict regulations, almost inhumane. Greene Resources fails to provide adequate coverage for the supervision staff, causing massive burnout, leading to inefficiencies and loss production. Inconsistent regulations tolerated in the environment, and later used against those supervisory staff members who fall outside of favoritism.

Management team is unaware of production task, and therefore is ill equipped to provide proper business solutions to their client - RTI. This creates very uncomfortable conditions for supervision staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great transition position

Current Employee - Keyer/Coder  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Keyer/Coder in Raleigh, NC

Pros

They're a great company to work for. Very supportive and encouraging, and always trying to have fun once in a while (donuts and pizza parties..) The people are nice and they train you to do the job.

Cons

The pay is not good. The rules are a little like being in high school again. You don't see anyone unless they need something. No room for growth since it's just a contract job.

Pay your employees more and allow them to be themselves.

Good experience

Pros

Working there was Good experience

Cons

Work life balance could be better

Not a Good Agency

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative in Raleigh, NC

Pros

They paid weekly and on time

Cons

I applied to a Craigslist ad. I did not know it was thru a staffing agency until I was called for the interview at Greene Resources. The person who interviewed me was very sweet and professional and said she was personally recommending me for the job. It was to be a contract office position with an indefinite length of assignment. I interviewed with the company and was hired. I called the office to inform the staffing agent this and was told she was no longer with the company. Anyway, started the position and loved it! I worked with a team of temps from other staffing agencies, with one exception, one other temp there was from Greene. We compared notes and found out neither one of us could ever get a Greene Resources employee on the phone to answer questions or address concerns. We were always told "everyone is in a meeting". This went on for months. Emails went unanswered as well. One day, our supervisor at the client site told us that the project was winding down and to take all the time off we needed to interview with other companies because he didn't want to see us jobless. We did so. You would have thought Greene would have contacted us to why we were missing time from work, but no one ever did. Last day of the assignment, the HR department of this client company said they had never had their calls answered either and they would no longer be using Greene Resources.

This was in 2006, hopefully there is new staff and new blood now

Middle-of-the-road temp agency

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-Some of the employees are very personable and care about finding the right placement for their employees
    -Has mostly office admin jobs
    -HR is responsive
    -Smaller company than most temp agencies

Cons

-Did not support temps at all during several conflicts between the temp and their placement company
    -Offers terrible health insurance and ONE day off after 6 months on the job
    -My hourly wage decreased with each assignment

Temps are already marginalized and I would appreciate some attempt to advocate for us, not your client company.

Greene Resources has no loyalty to their contract employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Nice people. Good list of clients. Nice CEO.

Cons

I worked for a company as a contract employee thru Greene Resources. During that time I was promised it would turn permanent in 3 months. Agency kept in touch with me and told me about the high praises they were receiving about my work. 3 months turned into 6 months, then 9 months. I turned down other outside contract opportunities b/c Greene kept telling me that this company would hire me. Greene kept telling me to hang in there as I was doing a wonderful job. I met other contract workers at the company who complained that Greene only cared about keeping the client happy. I didn't believe it since I got along with the Greene staff. When I made a year, they escorted me out the door and they never called me again. I've been out of work for 7 months now. That was my reward for being a good Greene Resources employee and hanging in there.

Treat your employees like you would want to be treated if you were a contract employee. What you are doing to really nice people will not go unnoticed.

Policy is more important than productivity

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Durham, NC

Pros

They got me a job and seemed adequate at the basics.

Cons

Bad communication with client company. Will fire productive, hard-working employees if they get sick and involuntarily violate their attendance policy.

If an employee makes an arrangement as a condition of employment make sure your recruiters communicate that arrangement to the client company. Check with supervisors and technicians about the productivity and value of an employee before firing them for missing work due to matters beyond their control. You should know that the communication is so bad that I had to break the news of my termination to my supervisor the night I cleaned out my locker. He was shocked and not happy. Your adherence to policy over productivity means that now I have to explain to potential employers that I was fired for getting sick and missing two days - period. But as one would imagine, that's a tough sell since it leaves potential employers suspicious as though there must be some other reason I was terminated.

I have been a temp employee with Greene Resources for over 6 yrs and have had a good experience overall.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The position I was hired for is very flexible and the pay is great. I do not get benefits but my salary makes up for it so that I can buy my own health insurance. You also get a yearly review along with a pay increase based on that review.

Cons

The HR staff changes constantly and you hardly ever see the same person doing your review or handling the paperwork.

When it comes to policies, pay attention to the needs of the employees.

Worked for Greene Resources? Contribute to the Community!