Greene Resources Reviews

Gary Greene

1. Professional company

Former Employee - Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Research Assistant

I worked at Greene Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional, ensured compliance to be a me to work for other "real" company

Cons

At will employment-can end contract at anytime due to lack of funding

2. Good pay, easy interview to start.

Former Employee - Junior Help Desk Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Junior Help Desk Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits but costly. Easy to talk to management.

Cons

Poor follow thru when contracts end. Benefits costly. Runaround when trying to get a new assignment.

Advice to Management

Proactively place people before contracts run out.

3. One sided company , had there favs.

I worked at Greene Resources

Pros

None, hated this job and the company

Cons

Very stressful, like being in school.

Advice to Management

Change company policy

5. Greene resources

I worked at Greene Resources

Pros

stepping stone weekly pay is ok

Cons

-they allow no room for growth unless they like you (favortism)
    -they have a horrible point system as if life does not happen
    -pay is not sufficient for the work that is being done it is too indepth for something that is suppose to a voluntary study (MEPS Project)
    -the supervisors are always micro-managing

Advice to Management

The stipulations for the MEPS Project and HPC purposes does not fit how the call situations occur people are fired for not meeting a goal for a study that is not voluntary if the study is not voluntary why is there so much pressure put upon the employees to meet a goal because of the "CLIENT" it seems as though they only care about the client and not the people.

6. Contract employee

Current Employee - Contract Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Contract Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Greene Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Recruiters that really care about you and take the time to listen. Really try to place you in a job that is what you are looking for and not just a temp position. The staff is very professional seam to enjoy their job. The whole process from beginning to end was very smooth and very well handled. Thank you.

Cons

None that I can think of. They found me a great job with a great employer and were honest and upfront about everything to do with the contract to hire situation. I guess the pay could have been higher but I believe that is out of their control.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

7. Very good!!

Former Employee - Temporary Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Temporary Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed, but professional setting. Everyone is very nice. I received great training and was able to work at my own pace with no micromanagement. I really enjoyed this job. Flexible with working with your own schedule if you are a part time employee.

Cons

There were no cons for this company. I worked an evening shift, so perhaps a con is that I didn't get to see the daily work environment at the office during regular working hours.

8. My experience with Greene Resources was not good at all. They are asking too much of people this is a PART TIME JOB....

Former Employee - Telephone Data Collector in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Telephone Data Collector in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay or a part time job.

Cons

Working on a SATURDAY OR SUNDAY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY SUNDAY FROM 1 TO 9

Advice to Management

SPLIT THE HOURS UP

Looks can be deceiving

Former Employee - Phone Survey Taker/Interviewer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Phone Survey Taker/Interviewer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ladies that worked there were really pretty and looked like models.

Cons

Where do I start? Let me count the ways. I was very excited about working here because I had been looking for a job for a very long time. It is not related to my field of study, but it was a way to make some money. You know that saying that we sometimes make life complicated for ourselves. Green Resources is good at making things more complicated than they really are. They can tell you things and they are so convincing that you would believe them, but you find out later that it is totally false.
    You need certain documents to get hired. I gave them my passport, driver's license, and Social Security card. They made copies for their files. A week later they call and say they lost everything and they need me to drive an hour to their office to give them everything again.
    They were impressed that I was working on a Masters. The person that interviewed me told me that one does not need a college education to do phone surveys with RTI International, but they hire people with college degrees only because they think people with college degrees are smart and not lazy. I thought that was a very discriminatory comment. I was lucky to be working on a Master's degree and be completing it soon, but there are a lot of people out there that cannot afford a college education, but that does not make them dumb and lazy. One of my friends could not afford to go to college since both her parents died when she was 16 and she was raised by her sister. She is very smart and hard working. She is working towards her Associate's degree right now, which is still not good enough for Green Resources.
    I have worked at a phone survey place before, so I know that a lot of what Green Resources claims is simply NOT TRUE. First of all, you cannot sneeze when we do phone surveys because it supposedly interferes with study outcome. This is so NOT TRUE. I seriously doubt that we can control all sneezes. Also, sneezing clears up anything blocking your nose. According to Green Resources, a worker cannot fall sick the first month of work. Like we can control whether we fall sick or not. No matter how good we take care of ourselves, we eventually fall sick and sometimes we cannot control it. Green Resources says that if we change the pitch of our voices, it affects the outcome of a phone survey. I know this is simply not true from my precious work experience with other companies. What happens if someone on the phone cannot hear you? You have to raise the pitch of your voice. Minor things like these they make into issues.
    They are suppose to do evaluations on a person to see how one is doing. They did my first and only evaluation 2-3 days before the project ENDED.
    The men that work here are nice, but the women are such bullies. They use to tease me because I had weird hair and I wore glasses. They also teased me because I use to break out in a lot of acne, which is very damaging to one's self esteem. The worst part was that they use to tease me because I wore granny bras and not cool bras like Victoria Secret. Why do they care so much? This is a work place. They should not be teasing for one thing, especially about the bra, glasses, and acne. These are grown ups and not school aged kids.

Advice to Management

They are suppose to do a government security clearance for the phone survey people, but they did not do that right. They should have had it done before the phone surveys started, but they FORGOT to get them, so tried to get people to do them while doing the surveys. You can use only Internet Explorer, which a lot of people do not use because of viruses and hacking. I could not do it on my computer, so they told me to do a paper application. I spent hours doing the paper application and then they said they decided not to take my paper application because it would look better if it was done on computer. I had already spent hours on it. They told me to come in on my day off and do application. I drove an hour to office, but could not do application because some idiot working in office typed in either my name, address, DOB, SS# wrong. I drove home an hour. 2-3 hours of my life was wasted. This happened 3 times. 3 times I drove an hour to office to do the application and 3 times I could not do my application because some dumbbell in the office could not get my name, address, DOB, SS# typed in properly. 2-3 hours of my life on my days off were wasted 3 times. How could they make such a mistake 3 times? It is not hard getting the information right especially if they have copies of my documents and I have given them everything in writing. Having someone drive an hour up there and hour home and not get any work done in the office because someone could not put simple information into the computer properly is just wrong. They made me come in on my days off when I needed to study and take care of my elderly parents. One time I had an exam, but they did not care and told me to come up. I told them that I had been there 3 times on my days off and that nothing happened. I told them that I could not come up on my days off again because i had exams and family responsibilities. I told them that I would do application only on days that I worked there. They did not like this and FIRED ME 3 days before the project ended and never called me back to work. It's interesting that I got punished for their mistakes. I got punished for standing up for myself. It is also interesting that a survey that is suppose to have its phone interviewers have a government clearance never got one from me and was working on getting a clearance even 2-3 days before project ended. I know looks are important to the ladies, but they should spend less time trying to look like models and spend more time trying to their jobs properly. Maybe if they were less model like, they wouldn't tease or be bullies. They should stop putting nail polish on at work and worry more about typing in people's information right in computers for security clearances.

10. Great people and culture

Current Employee - Recruiter/Sourcer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Sourcer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Greene Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone works well together as a team. If you are not a contractor the benefits are great!

Cons

Training and implementation could be better.

11. Ok

I have been working at Greene Resources full-time

Pros

Like the people I work with

Cons

Cant go to any company events