Greenheck

www.greenheck.com

Greenheck Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Greenheck – Schofield – “Greenheck Product Center”

James J. McIntyre

Greenheck is the best company in the HVAC industry!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsA 30+ year veteran of this industry, I have worked for 4 other manufacturers and been associated with dozens of others. Greenheck is the only HVAC company that "GETS IT"! Their culture is respectful of employees, customers, vendors, and sales reps alike. They continuously invest in their employees with education and leadership training. Greenheck manufactures quality products and stands behind them. They hire smart, hard working, and nice (kind, respectful) employees, which are key characteristics required for a companies success. As a result, Greenheck is a respected leader in the industry.

ConsIf you are not hard working and dedicated (have a passion for your career), you will not succeed at Greenheck, or at any other company that is viewed as an industry leader.

Not bad.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Hours. If you want to learn to work in a new department, they will probably let you train for it.

ConsPay could always be better! No lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to suggestions from the workers on the floor, they know what is actually going on!

Great Case Study for the Dangers of Capitalism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Located in a great community
    -Not too big and not too small
    -Established, world-wide presence
    -Paid sick days
    -Decent health insurance...but getting worse.
    -Company gives back to community.
    -Has a few employee events throughout the year to bring people together

Cons-Raises don't keep up with cost of living increases and sense that they're not being used to reward excellent work but to justify giving more responsibility...(I thought promotion meant more responsibility)
    -Background of previous and current senior management have history of selling out...future is uncertain.
    -Annual reviews are not honest...get a sense that negative marks are purposely made up to create fake legal evidence that can be used strategically by the company.
    -Used to be employee owned...morale is on decline since it no longer is employee owned.
    -Sense that Middle Management looks out for themselves and is not interested in empowering and developing their people.
    -Noticing turnover is on the rise and key people leaving.
    -Stated values toward employees don't seem to match how company actually treats employees.

Advice to Senior Management-The best way to create loyal, highly productive, and motivated employees is to appreciate their value, be willing to develop them, and most of all, a work/family balance and compensation that allows them to take care of their families.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer work, pretty routine, interesting as long as my department had orders.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros40 hrs a week, weekends, higher pay.

Consstrict morning or evening shifts assigned to, sometimes the work was monotonous.

Greenheck Employment Review Pros But more Cons

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsGood benefits and good interaction with activities

ConsVery set in their ways. Not open to new ideas. Office setting is harsh and back stabbing. Very biased. Nepotism. Nit-picking. If they want you out they push you out with bad reviews. ie no raises Bad reviews by supervisor means no possibility elsewhere in company

Advice to Senior ManagementObserve middle management better. Have open door policy for complaints. I've gone to HR and my supervisor's supervisor and nothing changes. I walk on egg shells waiting for termination

Accountability

Production Employee (Current Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsDecent insurance, medical and dental. Decent paycheck if you can keep your job.

ConsThe Union is very weak, the company is a bully. Middle management needs to be held more accountable as some of their people play video games and read books while the rest work, even after being told about it in lesser terms. Middle management breaks company and Union rules all the time and no one will report in fear of retribution from said management. Lay offs and furloughs, hiring people then firing one day before they complete probation so Greenheck won't have to pay benefits. I watched hard workers become low performers because supervisors didn't like them, treated them badly, and someone who would run 120% willingly now makes the bare minimum the company will accept out of spite to managent. I don't believe poor supervisors are disciplined properly by upper management at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Yes, you will hear a lot of baseless complaints, downright gripes and snivels, but if you ask them, not have them fill out a questionairre, you will see what's going on. Your money is being tragically wasted which means my money is too. Fix it. I think if you spent the money and time to have a liason between the company and shop floor and work on problem solving you would enjoy the level of increase with productivity. Maybe if Greenheck had an Employee Appreciation Party again, more than twelve of us would show up.

Good company. Nice work life balance.

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsFun atmosphere. Nice work life balance.

Cons"Old boys club" expect you to work there for years before they will promote you even if you deserve it. Pay is lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more, appreciate employees and don't pass them up because they haven't worked for the company for 10 years.

As with everything, it's got is good and bad.

Designer (Current Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsGood benefits for the area. Business always seems busy for the most part. Really tries to use technology to stream line manufacturing processes. There really are some great people to work with.

ConsLittle to no feed back to employees whether they are doing a good or bad job. Engineering jobs are on the low end of the payscale for the area. Without a bachelors degree little advancement is possible. President of the company has a history of splitting up a companies in the past and selling off the pieces.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to remember that the employees are what make or break a company. In the last couple of years a lot of good emplyees have left, most have left for better pay.

A good place to work, middle management is clueless

Designer (Current Employee) Schofield, WI

ProsGreat benefits with a drive towards company growth, which ensures continued job growth. That job growth just might entail getting rid of the older and higher paid individuals for younger and cheaper workers.

ConsLayoffs and current low job security for those stuck under middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management has a distorted view on its employees. Lack of recognition for example. I feel high praise from most upper management, but feel it is an uphill battle when it comes to the General Managers.

Worked for Greenheck? Contribute to the Community!