Greenville Health System Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Mike Riordan

Pros
  • Great doctors, good benefits, decent pay (in 7 reviews)

• GHS has made being an employer a well oiled process (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Also was told by a hiring manager at a different hospital system that they have hired many GHS people that were very stressed out over (in 4 reviews)

1. Great place!

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Greenville, SC

Pros

Everything is great to me!

Cons

Everything is great to me

Advice to Management

I have none

2. Former Employee

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative/Financial Counselor in Easley, SC

I worked at Greenville Health System (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and perks for employee's

Cons

No personal Relationship with company, you feels as if you are just another number.

Advice to Management

Be more in touch with employee's

Low salary structure for non-physicians

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, location, location. Greenville, SC is a great, growing community. GHS is the biggest employer in the area, so there are a variety of jobs - they even have their own police force. Company is definitely supportive of the community.

Cons

It's a hospital/physician business, so departments running "traditional" business areas (HR, CFO, Supply Chain, IT, etc.) have lower (not market competitive) salary tiers below the physicians; i.e. good people can easily get paid higher elsewhere. Benefits: employees accrue vacation/sick time based on years of service BUT, ALL holidays (GHS "recognized" or not) come out of your own bank of personal time! So be prepared for fewer effective days off each year.

Advice to Management

Split the benefits structure between medical and non-medical staff. An accountant, HR, IT person should be given Memorial Day off, not have to use personal time.

5. Chaos, politics, and silos...oh my!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Some managers actually treat their staff pretty well.

Cons

Absolutely no structure in job and no accountability, so no work gets done. Unless you went to Clemson or are from Greenville, you can forget advancing or even being treated fairly. Most managers are involved in minor details that are completely unnecessary...they need to let go and let their employees do the work. Departments don't communicate with each other so employees have no idea what is going on.

Advice to Management

GHS needs to stop and slow down...remember the 3-legged stool from management class? People, processes and tools. You need to make sure all of those are rock solid before you go out trying to acquire other sites and selling "Community Connect". You need a strategic team.

6. Quality

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth is available at GHS.

Cons

GHS is very Completive and large.

7. RN

Pros

GHS has a good work environment

Cons

Demands to position can be overwhelming

Greenville Health System is ridiculous

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Clinton, SC
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Clinton, SC

Pros

I was good at my job and loved my patients.

Cons

The doctor was a racist and had an arrogant messed up attitude towards me.

Advice to Management

Be a fair and honest manager; do not pretend to do your job, be a leader not friends to your staff. Common sense can not be bought only taught!

9. Misrepresentation

I worked at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

> Really nice people > Welcoming > Everyone really seems to like working there (as evidenced by their tenure) > Benefits after 30 days

Cons

> Wasteful (of time and supplies) > Too laid back > Pay is low > Uses antiquated systems for important tasks (like using phones for clocking in and out). > Not a paperless environment > Major job misrepresentation > Kept tacking on job responsibilities that had little to do with what I was hired to do (Note: If I had been aware of these extra responsibilities, I would not have accepted the job) > Everyone is really religious. Not good if you are non-religious. I had one coworker ask me if I wanted to say a blessing before eating lunch... I thought religion in the workplace was supposed to be frowned upon?

Advice to Management

Get into the 21st century, and get on the same page as HR.

10. entry level position

Pros

Non-profit organization, great people, great organization

Cons

Being in SC and non-profit organization, salary is lower than national average.

11. GFP

Former Employee - Sales in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Greenville, NC

I worked at Greenville Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, reasonable hours, outdoor and indoor work, flexible schedule, good summer job for high school and college students to gain experience.

Cons

Not year round due to weather but while it was open there were no major cons to report. Friendly owners and managers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Perhaps listen to employee's and customer's advice on how to improve things. Also could consider lowering prices.

RSS Feed </> Embed