Greenville Hospital System Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Mike Riordan

Pros
  • Great doctors, good benefits, decent pay (in 7 reviews)

• GHS has made being an employer a well oiled process (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Also was told by a hiring manager at a different hospital system that they have hired many GHS people that were very stressed out over (in 4 reviews)

wonderful organization, lower management too concerned for themselves

Current Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits!!! The best there is! Large organization with many hospitals under there umbrella so you can move about. Greenville Memorial is the flagship, so to speak, and where I work. Its always under construction. The pay is average. You are working for a non profit though...

Cons

As with any hospital you get good co workers and you get bad. HR is getting better at handling situations and there is always a number you can call if they are not helpful. The OR has, under the current director, a constant fear of being let go. I have seen the director maybe twice. The off shifts are under staffed and dangerously understaffed on the weekends for a level one... Standing up for yourself WILL get you fired.

Advice to Management

POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT! I never heard of the good I was doing from management, I would hear it from my co-workers and surgeons, but from supervisors to managers its always what someone did wrong, or was PERCEIVED to do wrong. Please Please try harder to keep the experienced workers there!! It truly makes a difference.

2. Great!

Current Employee - Operations in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Operations in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone likes a stable work environment, and I don't think you could find a more stable work environment anywhere around.

Cons

There are limitations on certain things that make it difficult to function timely in some situations. I think this comes along with large organizations.

Advice to Management

Ensure the continual and consistent application of conscious leadership

3. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with great benefits

Cons

Large corporation with limited chances for advancement

5. super

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits and good insurance

Cons

low pay no longterm opportunities

Advice to Management

increase pay and offer promottable positions

6. Good company to work for. Boss was alright....

Current Employee - Health Educator in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Health Educator in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

System is great. A lot of movement around conscious leadership and top level execs know what they are doing.

Cons

Had an okay boss. Still needs a lot of development. They promote based off of years and not your work.

7. CRM and Digital Marketing

Current Employee - South Carolina in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - South Carolina in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System full-time

Pros

Strong Leadership, Progressive Marketing Efforts, Progressive Organization, A good community partner

Cons

Lean staffing - to put it nicely. compensation is average with little to no incentives for strong performance.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Value education and training for non-clinical workforce. Reward for strong performance both on the individual, work group and corporate level.

8. Things that make you wonder

I worked at Greenville Hospital System full-time

Pros

Health Insurance, different site locations, excellent physicians.

Cons

no paid holidays, if your sick its held against you, schedules are not family friendly, have to use your vacation time for all holidays they are closed for.

9. I have worked for this hospital system for 7 years and worked various units and shifts.

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Hospital System part-time

Pros

Great benefits, opportunities for advancement, shared-decision making. Great teamwork among staff. The hospital tries to be flexible and work with employees needing to arrange schedules based on family and school needs.

Cons

The organization is so large that sometimes changes seem to take months before being implemented. The hiring process takes a few months.

Advice to Management

Implement ways to evaluate change processes and include bedside staff in this evaluation process. Turn in job position requisitions to the human resource department in a timely fashion so that our staffing shortages can be filled quicker.

10. Telemetry Certified/ACLS Certified Cardiac Floor Nurse

I worked at Greenville Hospital System

Pros

Mentally challenging, coworkers become like family

Cons

very poor employee care/satisfaction
    understaffed
    low pay
    lack of bonuses

11. Hidden gem?

Former Employee - Physician Trainee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Physician Trainee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Greenville Hospital System

Pros

Nice place with decent people, most of them. (Last year at employer was earlier (2005+)but no option on review site)

Cons

The others not so decent, you go out of your way , above and beyond to help people on top of your good work ethic and you end up having to deal with teachers directors who treat training doctors like we are a dime a dozen with no support towards us when we need it instead we get easily replaced. Can't make up for lost time.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the big picture for trainees and work with your team, not quietly against them because of your ego and positions. Life is bigger than that. don't forget the doctors sacrifice and their need in society who end up having to sit at home due to burnout etc with 20 yrs of medical and clinical knowledge that can't be used with when rules allow us to treat yet we can't have any or can't discuss it or can't find alternatives, unfortunate and convenient red tape to keep out anyone you don't like instead of work it out. No good recourse for training doctors, 30 hour shifts every 4th day call not proven to help or benefit in any way when shortage of doctors and many without jobs or licenses due to upper echelon red tape to prevent it. So much wrong with the system toward training physicians and applicants who study for s decade and can't get jobs, try to swallow letting it go and relearning or doing something new.

RSS Feed </> Embed