Greenway Health
www.greenwayhealth.com Carrollton, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Greenway Health Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Wyche T. Green, III

Greenway was more like a family than an employer.

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are amazing to work with and have been more like a family to me since I'm not from the area. They have had my back regarding personal matters that were not job related and have been extremely loyal and supportive of me.

ConsBefore the acquisition I had absolutely nothing negative to say about Greenway, now everything is changing and it has been difficult to see the family that I've grown so close to fall apart.

Hard work does not pay off

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

ProsNice cubicles, free sodas, great people to work with, nice computers, great parking spots, nice employee resource center, nice gym

ConsEven though there are some great things here, it all comes back to being compensated fairly. Salaries are all over the place. And those that perform the best are not always even comparably paid. Opportunities to get raises based on reviews are non-existent.
The recent layoffs of around 10% of the company did not go over well either. If you are pushing key features of your platform, why are you "optimizing" your work force?
And the employment agreement is a joke. They basically make you sign your life away and make you say that Vitera owns you and everything about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair.

All of the good things about Greenway left with the merger.

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere were a lot of good, smart, hard-working people at Greenway.

ConsWith the merger, a lot of people had their PTO reduced significantly. We were told that our jobs were safe. I'm thankful that I got out before the hammer fell. Tee Green, Matthew Hawkins, and Greg Schulenburg cannot be trusted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Tee and Tommy: the millions you made on this sale won't buy back the respect you've lost in the Carrollton community.

Lack of mid-tier management and leadership hinders company.

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat nice people, laid back, flexible working hours, could work on whatever I wanted.. :)

ConsZero leadership, incompetent mid-upper tier management, no policies, no rules or project management. No feedback to employees, we were told reviews were not done due to them being demeaning to employees. I never had a clue how my managers truly felt about me, they were not leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoose the hometown family thing and fire some of those not qualified for positions they are in.

Great company, needs to move away from being "Carrollton" centric

R&D Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople, people, people. Most of the employees care about what they do and will do what it takes to make this company successful. Even though not perceived, Facilities are great, mostly good managers. While others on Glassdoor have complained about management "doing what they say," I think the opposite. I do not think there is a malicious bone in management's body.

ConsBecause the people will do what it takes to make the company successful, that is used and sometimes abused by management. 60-80 hour weeks are the norm and as another reviewer stated, there is no compensation for years of the behavior. Recent sale of the company has left employees nervous and seeming naivety of Sr. Management is not instilling confidence in the process.
Compensation averages around the 30 percentile mark, seemingly because "Carrollton has a lower cost of living." However, this negatively impacts job performance and does not attract talent from the Atlanta market.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that, whether we like it or not, we are part of the Atlanta market. Focus on laying out a strategic vision in front of the people. If a bonus structure based on value add is not going to be on the table, increase salaries based on 10-12 hour days.

Application Engineer

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

ProsExtremely employee centered. The higher ups are constantly seeking ways to improve our livelihood. I ran into the CEO at a store one day and he smiled and chatted with me for a while, only because he recognized my face as I've never been formerly introduced.

ConsEver since going public the company has turned more toward pleasing the share holders instead of the customers. That limits innovation.

Horrible experience!!

RCM A/R Insurance Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for less than a year

ProsThey feed the departments once a month. Great company workout facility.

ConsTraining and trainers were awesome!! They need to give warning of what really happens when you are released. The RCM department is nothing more than rooms full of hostile, gossipy women. No one speaks to you or is willing to help. The dress code is the same as one attending a Nascar race, anything goes. I've never seen so many tattoos in my life out in the open. The managers are hateful!! For a company that claims to be so wholesome, I was shocked. I walked out after 3 months. Greenway should be ashamed!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp your RCM department ASAP!!

Not what it claimed to be. Hope you like working 60+ hours a week

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay, but that's about it

ConsActual job description did not match what I was told I would be doing. Poor benefits (expensive, no 401k match), some of the coworkers (but not all) are in it for themselves and will do whatever they can to make themselves look good ,no on the job training, no work / life balance (they expected you to work 60+ hours a week and put the company ahead of family no matter what).

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to seriously reevaluate some of you leadership. Especially some of the ones that have been there for years.

Lacks Innovation, Lacks Direction, Lacks Moral Integrity

I worked at Greenway Health

ProsThere are some really great people that work there

ConsTo begin with I left Greenway by my choosing, I was not fired or let go.

Greenway's core application has barely been updated for years. In software terms, they have fallen behind by a generation.

They lack the ability to draw talent to work out of a small town in GA and really should open a satellite office in a major city.

They are very dishonest about expected compensation.

They have a very tight clique near the top that seems more like a fraternity and less like a company. It's caused them to position high level personnel completely lacking in leadership qualities. This would be great if it was a 20 person company but it has outgrown their college mentality.

My main issue with the company that causes such a poor review is not the above mentioned problems. Every company has problems. It's that Greenway actively markets itself as wholesome and pious both externally and internally. At the same time, management looks the other way when a variety of very public misconduct takes place. It's a "Do as I say" mentality there. The consequences of misconduct have reverberated throughout the company. Promotions were given to people who were "willing to play the game." I have witnessed a variety of misconduct during my entire career but never so much from one company that says it's so wholesome. If my name was on the company (or my father's name) I would have to step back and ask myself, "Is this how I want to honor him and my family name?"

If you want one story that completely highlights what this company is about the following should suffice. An employee of Greenway went on FMLA in 2012 due to cancer. He was in sales. He came off FMLA in June and was fired in August. This employee was a sales person in an environment where the sales cycle is probably 6 months on average. He also made his quota in recent history. He wasn't fired due to cuts, he was fired due to performance.

One last thing and I am afraid this will remove this review from this website but I think it is very relevant especially if you fall under this category. If your personal "beliefs" do not line up with those "beliefs" of the company, you may not be hired (I witnessed this first hand) or you may not have much of a future at this company. It's sad, but in 2013 there are still companies that operate with a 1920s mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and cash out before you run it into the ground and destroy many peoples' careers

Greenway plans to reach for the stars but falls short on vision and commitment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople that actually do creative works who develop the solutions are friendly, cooperative, and helpful. Administrators and personnel are nice.

ConsRushed, short-cut approach in developing project items, lack of care for quality. Company interest is mostly sales-oriented, where customer is sold and promised a tall order of features that push the developers and support people to limits. Overtime required to fix issues while trying to develop new features. Management lacks communication, team leadership, and organizational skills, focuses on delivery schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers/directors should share company and project visions, be capable of inspiring the team. Checking the status of tasks on a line-item basis in meetings should not be the extent of their duties. The leaders who originally started the company had that vision, but as the company grew these values disappeared with inexperienced managers, original founders need to take a hard look at the skills of the new directors and advise accordingly.

Worked for Greenway Health? Contribute to the Community!

Greenway Health Videos

Greenway Health – Why Work for Us?

About Greenway Delivering the innovative information solutions providers need to better manage quality, efficient care and achieve improved patient population health. With an established marketplace presence dating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greenway Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Greenway Health CEO Wyche T. Green, III. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Greenway Health employees.