Greenway Health

Greenway Health Reviews

Updated February 20, 2015
Updated February 20, 2015

Wyche T. Green, III

Pros
  • Great people to work with, opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet (in 6 reviews)

• Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The camaraderie and work-life balance was perfect (in 3 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

There once was a company that all adored!

I worked at Greenway Health

Pros

Greenway Health used to be known as Greenway Medical. Before the company was bought out by Vitera out of Tampa, FL, Greenway Medical Technology was renowned for their customer service, pride in promptness to their customer base external, as well as, internal, and it was not all about the numbers. Everyone at Greenway Medical was proud to be an employee not just employed.

Cons

I have not been truly employed by Greenway Health, I am of the old school. Greenway Health does not have the customer service that Greenway Medical had with hold times for the customers of 45-60 mins. I have lost touch with a lot of things that are happening there but in connecting with others outside of the company they are still struggling as of present date.

A house is built on a firm foundation, so are most great companies. Everyone from the ground up (your very foundation) needs to have the best of the players field. They are the frontline of your customers frustration that needs the help, the cement to the foundation. When you take the foundation out from under the house (company) they all crumble the same, even the ones built with scripture written beneath the walls. Good Luck to everyone there because I still have a lot of friends there in which I care for and miss.

I am blessed to be employed by Greenway Health!

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful. The pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

If you have never worked in healthcare, it is a lot to learn. Thankfully, Greenway Health offers new employee training and ongoing training, as the healthcare field is constantly changing.

Good time to join

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

This is an interesting company. I've been here for just over two years, and I'm confident in the direction that this company is going in and the areas that it's investing. There was a merger, but this was because one of the companies had outgrown itself and it was looking to be picked up by a more mature organization. Although there have been struggles by some to adjust, these are natural growing pains in the maturation of a company. The worst is certainly over, and there is a lot of growth to be seen in the coming years. There is even talk from senior management of the company doubling its revenues in the next 3-5 years. That's impressive, and it's not hard to see their justifications.

Cons

Due to the recent merger, there are still some departments/products experiencing growing pains. Some teammates may not understand why things are changing, so occasionally there is resistance to change (growth is the better word). However this has been addressed almost throughout the organization since the merger is nearly 18 months in. Even though this has been a difficult process for some, this is still a company run by hard-working people who care about their customers and I do not see that changing in the foreseeable future.

Make sure you continue to deliver on what you have laid out as a priority for the organization moving forward. A lot of people are looking to you for leadership. Your consistence and ability to set realistic goals will ensure this company continues to move towards its goal as a dominant player in the Health IT ambulatory market.

Medical Billing Specialist

Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

It has a friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours.

Cons

Pay scale. Insurance rates. Entry level pay scale is not standard with industry

Better training. More communication between upper management or supervisors and entry level positions.

Great for people who are results driven and not customer driven

Former Employee - Customer Support Technician
    Former Employee - Customer Support Technician

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I did get almost 6 weeks of training, but I was the 1st person at the site who got the training and the other employees seemed a little jealous.
    They do have good benefits.

Cons

Too many responsibilities for customer service: We are expected to learn medical laws, software, hardware, medical billing, clinical, etc. Way too much and when you ask for help, people say "That's your job, not mine." So I just stopped asking for help and if I had to keep a customer on hold 30 mins reading through documentation, then so be it.
    Our Medcin person came in on a Fri afternoon and said she would no longer be supporting us starting Mon. She gave us a one hour crash course and basically said good luck.
    They are results driven. It's about how many cases you close. I had several customers tell me their cases were closed withouth their permission.
    It's a rough environment, practices calling up because they are trying to check in patients and their software is crashing, etc.
    Some people sit at their desks all day. I felt guilty for taking a break now and then or taking a 1 hour lunch.
    The mid-level managers work on site max 4 days a week.

I would train your current employees. They have been keeping the company going and deserve the training.

When I worked at Greenway

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a wonderful place to work. Everyone was very excited about the growth of the company and the opportunities that came with it. The corporate atmosphere was family oriented from the top down.

Cons

Unfortunately, all good things must end. After the acquisition of Greenway, the environment changed which started with a mass lay-off of employees. It is my understanding that after a year the company is slowly coming around and redefining itself.

Great Company

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

There are a lot of growth possibilities since the recent acquisitions and merger between Greenway, SuccessEHS, and Vitera. The salaries are good, not incredible. It's a great place to get your foot in the door working within the Health IT industry, the healthcare billing industry, customer service, etc.

Cons

Because of the recent acquisitions, there have been some growing pains within the company, and sometimes the hierarchy and process to get things done between the different campuses (locations of Birmingham-AL, Tampa-FL, and Carrolton-GA) can be convoluted and difficult.

Simplify processes of gathering information from one department to the other. For the most part, my experiences with my direct managers has been great. They are personable with an open door policy to allow you to vent frustrations and they are willing to try new things and will treat you like someone that really are about rather than a number on a piece of paper. I haven't heard that about all managers at all campuses, but I would implore all management to follow the suit.

Application Developer

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

good work/life balance, people also are welcoming and kind

Cons

expensive insurance, not-so-big salaries, little city

Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People were great, loved the strong family values and team work environment. Company allowed their employees to work remotely from home, which was a huge benefit.

Cons

Medical benefits are not as good compared to other companies. A lot of people were let go or left after the merger.

review

I worked at Greenway Health

Pros

Easy job for the amount of money.

Cons

Cost of healthcare was high per month with a high deductible