Greenway Health

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
2.9

Wyche T. Green, III

Pros
  • The pros are there are great people working there and you make a lot of good friends (in 6 reviews)

• Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 3 reviews)

• Average compensation, deteriorating benefits, nearly constant fear of layoffs, lack of job security (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Product Trainer

Former Employee - Product Training  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Product Training in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I actually worked there when the company was bought out, they were still Greenway Medical Technology and everyone there was not afraid to talk to each other about anything. Now everyone I talk to there since I was laid off January 9, 2014 says that the company is no longer the same and a lot of people have left on their own. I love the Greenway Prime Suite Product but I am not sure about Greenway Health, at all!!

Cons

I know that I have been offered two times more the money for training the Greenway product outside of Greenway than inside of Greenway.

You need more Indians and less Chiefs-- The Chiefs that you do have need to be able to run it more efficiently. They put Greenway on the Market and it was suppose to be a fabulous move for everyone! RIGHT!!!! They merged with Viteria and SucessEHS shortly there after in a buyout, then came the layoff in January 2014 of over 100 people between the three companies, one of those employees happened to be me. (What is my point? Well since the heads of the company was ok with making money on the backs of others--because I do not believe they were stupid enough to NOT KNOWN what would happen when they put Greenway on the market--that they opened us to be purchased in a all out take over) From everything told the top is on his way out. Well if you had taken care of the home front better than you did everyone would still have respect for you, not fake respect for you.

Career boosting experience with mid-size company west of Atlanta

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Greenway offered a friendly environment, healthy work/life balance and work schedule flexibility as well as great opportunities to develop and polish career skills.

Cons

Hard work is not always recognized by management. The quality of the benefits package has somewhat declined over the years. In recent years, communication between management and workers has decreased in recent years.

Get your management "house in order" and set well-defined policies then communicate them well and often to all staff. The post-merger environment needs to be well defined before campus and staff cohesion can begin.

Excellent Benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has the best benefits! I hope to continue to work here until I retire in 20 years! There is a lot of room for growth here!

Cons

-Getting your foot in the door requires a great deal of effort: aptitude test, personality test, credit check, drug test, and every type of background check.
    -There is an obvious disconnect in communication between departments.

This is my advise to management at every level: Listen to employees, take time to consider what is being said, and use it for every employee's betterment!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looks good from the inside

Current Employee - Enter Your State Here  in  Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Enter Your State Here in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at this company for just under two years. I am a part of the company that was the buyer in the merger, so things have been a little easier to understand from my perspective (when you are the 'purchased' in a merger you may not really understand the reason why things are happening). I view myself as pretty well-informed of the direction of the company and the areas that we are looking to expand. I can say that our processes are very mature and well-defined, and our product road map looks very promising. This is a great way to learn about the software industry, and lots of the knowledge you attain here will be taken with you in future endeavors.

Cons

I wish I was paid a bit more. I think this is because we are still coming off a rocky few years when you look at the global company. However there are major commitments to continue re-investing in this company so I doubt this con will last very long. Overall I am very pleased with this company.

Keep us competitive, keep us engaged. You have done a very good job aligning these three companies post-merger, but stay sharp.

Transition has definitely changed the atmosphere

Current Employee - Insurance AR Specialist  in  Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Insurance AR Specialist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would say that flexibility is awesome. They are willing to work with you if you have family personal issues that needs to be taken care of.

Cons

I would say there's too many loop holes not having enough training to really make you feel confident in what they expect of you. I would say if there was like a manual to help you alone the way it would be better.

I would say they really need to re-evaluate the compensation then you won't have such a high turn-over you have great people that want to learn but pay is really low, and everything else, will fall in place. Training definitely need more training time-off policy is great..

Awesome place to get a foot in the door of the software development world.

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

Great place to work if you're in software development. T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops are appropriate business attire. Beer and snacks are provided for end of sprint socials.

Cons

Mergers, acquisitions, and name changes happen often. Non-dev positions are quite corporate-y.

Great Starter Sales Job

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

For a job right out of college, this has been better than I could have expected. The people that work here really care for their customers and for their peers. Management often praises your successes and offers help with your difficulties. The sales conferences are instructional and always entertaining. This is exactly what I wanted to do, and I am quickly learning the business and becoming a better sales rep.

Cons

In sales, there will always be some territories that are more active than others. However, there is no real choice to expand your territory if you are looking for more growth; it is decided for you. A constantly depreciating compensation plan combined with low sales numbers in the territory can frustrate anyone.

Not enough pay for all the work that you have to do.

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

They are very flexible with you if you have kids/Family.

Cons

Not enough Pay for the work you are given.

A progressive company, working hard to improve healthcare

I have been working at Greenway Health for more than a year

Pros

The company provides a great environment to grow a career. There are numerous opportunities for one to expand their knowledge base through classroom based training, online classes and on the job training. And the work we do is cool. The company strives to be a leader in the healthcare space with a vision to help be a key in improving healthcare delivery in the US.

Cons

There have been numerous changes to the organization over the past year and trying to find one's way in the new structure is taking time.

Continue to provide communication to the employees of Greenway in order that they can help deliver the message of who we are, what we do and where we are going.

Downhill slide since merger

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved, loved, loved this company pre-merger. Bled green. Had incredible, empowering management that lead with conscience and a moral compass.

Cons

Went from "Do the Right Thing" as the motto to an atmosphere of being a machine. Fear set in that people would be fired for standing up for what they thought was right for the client. Everything is now based on a purchase order rather than standing behind what is right and honorable and fair to clients.

Cannot imagine there are actual people running things now - it's so depersonalized and there is such a curtain between people and their personal engagement in the company. I don't imagine any advice would make an impact. Too big of a wheel - it's lost it's heart.

Worked for Greenway Health? Contribute to the Community!