Greenway Health Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
86 reviews filtered by
Wyche T. Green, III

Pros
  • Great people to work with, opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet (in 6 reviews)

• Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The camaraderie and work-life balance was perfect (in 3 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 4 reviews)

1. Fantastic Company - Would recommend EVERYONE I know!

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

The people are AMAZING! Everyone is super friendly and within a week of working here, I felt like I BELONGED. The managers are competent and always eager to help, and everyone works as a team.

Cons

It can get a little overwhelming if you let your work pile up, and a lot of cliques form quickly.

2. Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership visibility through monthly all-team meetings. It's nice to get constant feedback on what we're doing as a company. Also, great opportunity for internal growth.

Cons

Compensation isn't amazing, but it's definitely competitive with similar companies.

Bump up compensation just a bit to retain employees.

3. I am blessed to be employed by Greenway Health!

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful. The pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

If you have never worked in healthcare, it is a lot to learn. Thankfully, Greenway Health offers new employee training and ongoing training, as the healthcare field is constantly changing.

5. Great experience.

Current Employee - R&D in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - R&D in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team and work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of

Promote within

6. Love these people

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have fond memories of Greenway- the old Greenway. The company is in a state of evolution right now and there are still some very good people working there that have great intentions and good hearts.

Cons

After being acquired it seems like some bad decisions were made by the board. No one knows who the wizard is pulling the strings- it clearly isn't the CEO because decisions were made that Tee Green would never have made if it was his choice.

Outsource more development to India.

7. New to Greenway

Current Employee - Applications Programmer I in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Programmer I in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The other developers, junior and senior, have all been polite, easy going, and knowledgeable. Everyone I work with within my immediate team is bright and hard-working-- a delightful change of pace from my last programming job where the team often had to carry the weight of some deadbeat devs. Also, it appears the devs I work with on the other teams are mostly of the same caliber of intelligence and diligence.

Management treats me well, and is quite competent at training us, keeping us in the loop, and leading us in general.

I've heard the pay is lower than what can be found elsewhere in the market, but it was more than my previous job for the state. Overall, I'd say I get paid a fair salary, and I have no complaints.

Cons

So far, I have seen no cons. This has been the best job I've had in this industry and in general.

Based on what I've seen, I'd say the upper management is doing well in hiring new devs and in keeping devs who are team-orientated and bright.

8. Excellent Benefits!

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has the best benefits! I hope to continue to work here until I retire in 20 years! There is a lot of room for growth here!

Cons

-Getting your foot in the door requires a great deal of effort: aptitude test, personality test, credit check, drug test, and every type of background check.
    -There is an obvious disconnect in communication between departments.

This is my advise to management at every level: Listen to employees, take time to consider what is being said, and use it for every employee's betterment!

Awesome place to get a foot in the door of the software development world.

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

Great place to work if you're in software development. T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops are appropriate business attire. Beer and snacks are provided for end of sprint socials.

Cons

Mergers, acquisitions, and name changes happen often. Non-dev positions are quite corporate-y.

10. A progressive company, working hard to improve healthcare

I have been working at Greenway Health (more than a year)

Pros

The company provides a great environment to grow a career. There are numerous opportunities for one to expand their knowledge base through classroom based training, online classes and on the job training. And the work we do is cool. The company strives to be a leader in the healthcare space with a vision to help be a key in improving healthcare delivery in the US.

Cons

There have been numerous changes to the organization over the past year and trying to find one's way in the new structure is taking time.

Continue to provide communication to the employees of Greenway in order that they can help deliver the message of who we are, what we do and where we are going.

A company with a promising future and a great working environment

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture is awesome. Regardless of size it still feels like a small, almost family corporation, and the management teams are very approachable. The people are one of the biggest reasons I love my job.

Hard work is noticed and appreciated. It's a two way street, you have to put in the effort if you want to be valued as an employee.

Marketing updates and monthly company-wide meetings keep employees in the loop not just with product updates and industry movements but also with fellow employees and community events.

There's a lot of potential after the merger, 3 great products under one roof. The changes are tough but all the right steps are being taken and with everyone onboard the new Greenway vision should be a great success.

They provide thorough training to get you up to speed on the products and the company, and there is always the chance to learn and grow. Company provided online training programs/webinars and promotions from within are great examples.

Cons

The multiple campuses are still struggling to find one identity and management can be a little resistant to the needed change