Greenway Health

Greenway Health Reviews

Updated March 1, 2015
Updated March 1, 2015

Wyche T. Green, III

Pros
  • Great people to work with, opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet (in 6 reviews)

• Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The camaraderie and work-life balance was perfect (in 3 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Look up any Vista Equity acquisition and you will see the future of Greenway.

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

If you like cheap trinkets, they will occasionally pass out some left over swag from trade shows or provide free pizza to compensate for lack of increases in pay. The Tampa office is in a nice location but the Carrollton office ten miles from civilization. If you are young and can pass an IQ test you can make more than slinging burgers as a starting job, unfortunately your starting salary will also be your ending salary.

Cons

You are constantly indoctrinated that the company actually cares about customers well being, yet they fired hundreds of key employees that provide support. Constantly touting that they have hired hundreds of staff, yet never mention three times that many were fired. Typical sales staff last less than a quarter before either leaving or getting fired for not meeting unrealistic goals. Dishonesty at every level selling functionality that does not exist, especially in the Prime products. Unbelievable long waits for support due to lack of staff but quick to cut off support if a customer is late on a payment. Overselling services that they are not staffed to deliver, especially RCM. Staff moral is beyond low, a common joke is that any employee that's till there hasn't found a new job yet. This is all part of the SOP of Vista Equity as they have done the same thing to dozens of companies. They decimate the higher paid employees, hire inexpensive replacements, suck every bit of white space opportunities from existing customers, rope them into long term contracts and reoccuring revenue to inflate their valuation and when they can't get any more they sell the company. Customers or employees are the least of their concerns.

You've about sucked our customers dry and decimated the staff of three companies, how about sell us to someone who cares and has an genuine interest in healthcare.

Great for people who are results driven and not customer driven

Former Employee - Customer Support Technician
    Former Employee - Customer Support Technician

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I did get almost 6 weeks of training, but I was the 1st person at the site who got the training and the other employees seemed a little jealous.
    They do have good benefits.

Cons

Too many responsibilities for customer service: We are expected to learn medical laws, software, hardware, medical billing, clinical, etc. Way too much and when you ask for help, people say "That's your job, not mine." So I just stopped asking for help and if I had to keep a customer on hold 30 mins reading through documentation, then so be it.
    Our Medcin person came in on a Fri afternoon and said she would no longer be supporting us starting Mon. She gave us a one hour crash course and basically said good luck.
    They are results driven. It's about how many cases you close. I had several customers tell me their cases were closed withouth their permission.
    It's a rough environment, practices calling up because they are trying to check in patients and their software is crashing, etc.
    Some people sit at their desks all day. I felt guilty for taking a break now and then or taking a 1 hour lunch.
    The mid-level managers work on site max 4 days a week.

I would train your current employees. They have been keeping the company going and deserve the training.

There once was a company that all adored!

I worked at Greenway Health

Pros

Greenway Health used to be known as Greenway Medical. Before the company was bought out by Vitera out of Tampa, FL, Greenway Medical Technology was renowned for their customer service, pride in promptness to their customer base external, as well as, internal, and it was not all about the numbers. Everyone at Greenway Medical was proud to be an employee not just employed.

Cons

I have not been truly employed by Greenway Health, I am of the old school. Greenway Health does not have the customer service that Greenway Medical had with hold times for the customers of 45-60 mins. I have lost touch with a lot of things that are happening there but in connecting with others outside of the company they are still struggling as of present date.

A house is built on a firm foundation, so are most great companies. Everyone from the ground up (your very foundation) needs to have the best of the players field. They are the frontline of your customers frustration that needs the help, the cement to the foundation. When you take the foundation out from under the house (company) they all crumble the same, even the ones built with scripture written beneath the walls. Good Luck to everyone there because I still have a lot of friends there in which I care for and miss.

I am blessed to be employed by Greenway Health!

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful. The pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

If you have never worked in healthcare, it is a lot to learn. Thankfully, Greenway Health offers new employee training and ongoing training, as the healthcare field is constantly changing.

Avoid this company at all costs

Former Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid time off is decent. Newer office space. Great co-workers. Training takes long enough for you to be able to find another job if you do not like the position.

Cons

Two-faced management. Promotions based off of cronyism, not tenure. Close-to-useless team leads. Glitchy software which requires technicians to know more about the product than was ever taught to them. Training consists of how to USE the software, not how to FIX it. Managers focus on reports and statistics instead of actual customer service. If someone in upper management does not like you, you will be fired without a doubt. HR does not take the side of the employee but rather those in higher positions. HR claims to be open-door and non-retaliating, but once you reveal a grievance to them, they will retaliate by finding fault in the employee, no matter how menial. Micromanagement is quite common if you get a manager with fewer employees who has not been there very long. Time allotted to calling clients back is more than frequently revoked to answer larger call volumes despite the fact that the employees were promised otherwise. Management/HR is not transparent whatsoever - your manager may tell you you're doing well and then the next day call you in to terminate you. Management does not even know the software as they're just there to take down attendance for payroll. Team leads are not very knowledgeable and management chastises the employee for information told incorrectly to them by a team lead. Documentation is horribly out-of-date despite the industry's constantly-changing behavior. Equipment is less than adequate for the type of software run on them.

Think about your employees more than you do your company's image. You are owned by a $4B equity firm, your clients have contracts, and your legal-team is well funded - quit worrying about losing business. You need to train your employees to be able to FIX the software as those who call in wanting to know how to USE it really need training. Be more open about management's decisions and HR's rules as the employees are tired of having more weight placed on their shoulders for your hangups. If you are planning on terminating an employee, let them know so they, nor your other staff, are caught off guard and forced to bear the responsibilities of one less employee. Also, if you plan on terminating an employee and find evidence to do so, inform the employee so they're not just left with "the 'why' does not matter". Lastly, do not get your employees' hopes up for a promotion one week, and terminate them the next not only without just cause but also without any warning whatsoever.

Good time to join

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

This is an interesting company. I've been here for just over two years, and I'm confident in the direction that this company is going in and the areas that it's investing. There was a merger, but this was because one of the companies had outgrown itself and it was looking to be picked up by a more mature organization. Although there have been struggles by some to adjust, these are natural growing pains in the maturation of a company. The worst is certainly over, and there is a lot of growth to be seen in the coming years. There is even talk from senior management of the company doubling its revenues in the next 3-5 years. That's impressive, and it's not hard to see their justifications.

Cons

Due to the recent merger, there are still some departments/products experiencing growing pains. Some teammates may not understand why things are changing, so occasionally there is resistance to change (growth is the better word). However this has been addressed almost throughout the organization since the merger is nearly 18 months in. Even though this has been a difficult process for some, this is still a company run by hard-working people who care about their customers and I do not see that changing in the foreseeable future.

Make sure you continue to deliver on what you have laid out as a priority for the organization moving forward. A lot of people are looking to you for leadership. Your consistence and ability to set realistic goals will ensure this company continues to move towards its goal as a dominant player in the Health IT ambulatory market.

Medical Billing Specialist

Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

It has a friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours.

Cons

Pay scale. Insurance rates. Entry level pay scale is not standard with industry

Better training. More communication between upper management or supervisors and entry level positions.

When I worked at Greenway

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a wonderful place to work. Everyone was very excited about the growth of the company and the opportunities that came with it. The corporate atmosphere was family oriented from the top down.

Cons

Unfortunately, all good things must end. After the acquisition of Greenway, the environment changed which started with a mass lay-off of employees. It is my understanding that after a year the company is slowly coming around and redefining itself.

Great Company

I have been working at Greenway Health

Pros

There are a lot of growth possibilities since the recent acquisitions and merger between Greenway, SuccessEHS, and Vitera. The salaries are good, not incredible. It's a great place to get your foot in the door working within the Health IT industry, the healthcare billing industry, customer service, etc.

Cons

Because of the recent acquisitions, there have been some growing pains within the company, and sometimes the hierarchy and process to get things done between the different campuses (locations of Birmingham-AL, Tampa-FL, and Carrolton-GA) can be convoluted and difficult.

Simplify processes of gathering information from one department to the other. For the most part, my experiences with my direct managers has been great. They are personable with an open door policy to allow you to vent frustrations and they are willing to try new things and will treat you like someone that really are about rather than a number on a piece of paper. I haven't heard that about all managers at all campuses, but I would implore all management to follow the suit.

Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People were great, loved the strong family values and team work environment. Company allowed their employees to work remotely from home, which was a huge benefit.

Cons

Medical benefits are not as good compared to other companies. A lot of people were let go or left after the merger.