Greenway Health

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.8

Wyche T. Green, III

Pros
  • Great people to work with, opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet (in 6 reviews)

• Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The camaraderie and work-life balance was perfect (in 3 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

An entirely mediocre experience

Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Carrollton campus is nice. Free access to an exercise room. The building has a small cafe which sometimes has acceptable food. Many of my coworkers are nice and friendly and even many of the managers are caring and try hard to mentor and lead by example.

Cons

The benefits are just terrible, no other way to put it. The company is in the middle of open enrollment for 2015 and the health plan carries a $4000 deductible with a high monthly premium. The dental and vision benefits are similarly awful. The medical plan is effectively a expensive catastrophic care policy. You can reduce the amount of the premium a little by agreeing to participate in a wellness program, having your physical activity tracked with some kind of wearable monitor, and submit to medical exams and diet checks. There is no prescription benefit until you meet your deductible unless one of your medications are on the list of "maintenance drugs" and if not, you'll pay 100% out of pocket until you satisfy your deductible.

The 401K plan pays out an average employer match ($.50 on the first 6%) but only deposits the match into your account once a year. Structuring it this way means you gain no interest for the entire tax year and it significantly reduces the benefit of an employer match. The pay at Greenway is at or below- average in the industry. When stacked up against salary, the benefits drag down your take home pay to the point that the salary is no longer competitive against similar types of companies.

I've seen other reviewers mention a decent work/life balance and maybe that varies by which manager you have but I can tell you that many managers feel that you should be available all the time, even outside of normal work hours especially if you wan to be a "team player". If you prefer a 9-5 type of job or have much of a life outside work, this isn't the job for you. This corporate mentality is pervasive and employee spotlights during company wide pep rallies show that only people who worked evening and weekends are recognized for their accomplishments.

Taking a job here should really be viewed as a temporary stop on your way to something better. I'm actively looking for other work.

An investment in employees requires time and money. I suspect that Greenway management are impotent to implement what would be needed given that Vista is now pulling the strings and they appear to only care about the bottom line.

Beware--Nice people, REALLY stressful job

Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people who work at Greenway are awesome. They are very flexible if you need time off. Covered parking, gym, and cafe on site.

Cons

The stress isn't worth the money. If you get hired on as Support, you must learn to accept that you will ALWAYS feel like you are drowning. The never ending cases being assigned to you, and lack of people that care. Seems like almost everyone that actually knew anything about the software is no longer employed at Greenway. The high deductible insurance plan is a total joke.

You get what you pay for.

New to Greenway

Current Employee - Applications Programmer I in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Programmer I in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The other developers, junior and senior, have all been polite, easy going, and knowledgeable. Everyone I work with within my immediate team is bright and hard-working-- a delightful change of pace from my last programming job where the team often had to carry the weight of some deadbeat devs. Also, it appears the devs I work with on the other teams are mostly of the same caliber of intelligence and diligence.

Management treats me well, and is quite competent at training us, keeping us in the loop, and leading us in general.

I've heard the pay is lower than what can be found elsewhere in the market, but it was more than my previous job for the state. Overall, I'd say I get paid a fair salary, and I have no complaints.

Cons

So far, I have seen no cons. This has been the best job I've had in this industry and in general.

Based on what I've seen, I'd say the upper management is doing well in hiring new devs and in keeping devs who are team-orientated and bright.

No direction , Poor Leadership & Unqualified management people

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Cons

old technology sets, no training , no bonus / salary raise , no promotions even after working with company for years and even when company is making profit.
    lack of communication within teams.
    contractors trying hard for job safety - not sharing code with others , not informing others of the code change , not willing to talk to employees , management just watches / ignores and just goes with this.
    ridiculous team structure . Create a team of senior developers/employees - make highly talented senior developers architects, have junior developers work under them not equally with them - update your job titles accordingly . its very obsolete.

Encourage senior developers who have been contributing by giving them promotions , salary raise etc.
    Do not give un-qualified people promotions.
    if you don't differentiate senior developer vs junior developer , its going to hurt the morale and would cause problems for the company down the road if not immediately.

Could be the right opportunity depending on where you are in your career

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Individuals without much industry experience are given an opportunity to enter the Healthcare IT field and improve their station in life

Cons

Hiring a lot of inexperienced people
    Loads of red tape- challenging to get anything done
    The "BOARD" makes all major decisions- not Greenway Management.
    Literally 9 degrees of management from an employee to an individual with any power

No point in giving management any advice- they have no authority anyhow. Vista Equity is running the show.

Horrible place to work since the merger with Vitera

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None to list anymore. The benefits were always bad, but the pay was decent and the work/life ratio was outstanding.

Cons

Too numerous to list. Greenway used to be the best place to work, even though they've always had real shoddy benefits. The camaraderie and work-life balance was perfect. Since they merged with Vitera they aren't worth driving past anymore. Good luck Greenway, I hope you can go back to what you were.

Go back to what you once were. You've ruined a great company.

Huge experience gap in employees and senior managment through merger

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, great work environment, and experienced coworkers in Tampa. Carrolton office not so much.

Cons

The merger has created a gap in skills and experience for the same position. There are senior managment (Directors) with 25 years of experience and some with just 4-5 years of total experience. This was created by the merger. Vitera was the more mature organization with a typical sr. management position carrying 10-20 years of experience, while the smaller company SuccessEHS have sr.managment with less than 10 years experience.

FT - Sales - 3 Years - Through the Merger -

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some amazing people in the ranks. I believe this is due to the highly selective hiring process. Products are pretty good. Benefits are OK. Flexibility for family and time-off is good. Both CEO's have talked a good game and a noble mission to improve healthcare, and indeed health.

Cons

Management is full of themselves and feeds their egos on the berating of employees. Interdepartmental communication was terrible before the merger; now with three companies combined, it's worse. While they are flexible with your family priorities, you pay for it in the expectation that you will answer the phone from 7 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. every day. There are 12-15 hours of conference calls during prime business hours weekly. Territory realignment is the Sales Departments favorite game

Develop a retention plan for both employees and clients. It starts with respect and customer service

Product Trainer

Former Employee - Product Training in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Product Training in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I actually worked there when the company was bought out, they were still Greenway Medical Technology and everyone there was not afraid to talk to each other about anything. Now everyone I talk to there since I was laid off January 9, 2014 says that the company is no longer the same and a lot of people have left on their own. I love the Greenway Prime Suite Product but I am not sure about Greenway Health, at all!!

Cons

I know that I have been offered two times more the money for training the Greenway product outside of Greenway than inside of Greenway.

You need more Indians and less Chiefs-- The Chiefs that you do have need to be able to run it more efficiently. They put Greenway on the Market and it was suppose to be a fabulous move for everyone! RIGHT!!!! They merged with Viteria and SucessEHS shortly there after in a buyout, then came the layoff in January 2014 of over 100 people between the three companies, one of those employees happened to be me. (What is my point? Well since the heads of the company was ok with making money on the backs of others--because I do not believe they were stupid enough to NOT KNOWN what would happen when they put Greenway on the market--that they opened us to be purchased in a all out take over) From everything told the top is on his way out. Well if you had taken care of the home front better than you did everyone would still have respect for you, not fake respect for you.

Career boosting experience with mid-size company west of Atlanta

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Greenway offered a friendly environment, healthy work/life balance and work schedule flexibility as well as great opportunities to develop and polish career skills.

Cons

Hard work is not always recognized by management. The quality of the benefits package has somewhat declined over the years. In recent years, communication between management and workers has decreased in recent years.

Get your management "house in order" and set well-defined policies then communicate them well and often to all staff. The post-merger environment needs to be well defined before campus and staff cohesion can begin.