Greenway Health
www.greenwayhealth.com Carrollton, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Greenway Health Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Wyche T. Green, III

Challenging and stretching to the software developer but raises are very difficult to get and poor benefits.

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Gainesville, FL

ProsWide veriaty of technologies used
    Good programming practices are valued
    Employees are friendly and helpful to one another
    Good work-life balance

ConsRaises few and far between
    Sick and vacation time are combined into one pool
    High Deductible Health Plan with expensive premiums and you pay a lot more when you go to the doctor
    One of the main technologies used is not used much by other companies and therefore, not that helpful to one's resume

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to give raises. Stop hiring mainly unexperienced college grads and hire more experienced developers. Improve the benefits package.

They think they own you.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThere are ample opportunities to develop industry and technical knowledge. If you're willing to hunt it down, you can become an SME in a lot of areas.

ConsSales leadership is capricious, particularly with its sales team's time. Onerous non-sales mandated activities, and there's virtually no sales support or admin back-up. Meanwhile, they swag and brag about how they "inspire" sales to work long days and late nights - which we do as a matter of course, otherwise you'd have no selling time during business hours. You're required to answer your phone 24/7/364, not kidding. I log 70-80 hours every week.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy faith has been misplaced too many times in change. No suggestions. They are impervious to them.

Organized chaos.

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsGood team dynamic pre merger. Recognition or hard work was given.

ConsAbsolutely no input was asked for prior to major organization changes. Several hires were made behind closed doors that brought little value to the team but brought on alot of politics and ruined the culture. Hires and fires were made without consulting the leads of the teams they were to work under. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude decision makers in making decisions.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Post-merger Greenway following in the steps of Vitera and its predecessors

Customer Support Technician (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsDedicated, customer-focused employees, good quality products that are getting consistently better.

ConsAverage compensation, deteriorating benefits, nearly constant fear of layoffs, lack of job security. It seems if an employee's compensation/salary gets toward the upper end of the pay range, they are eliminated and a much lower paid entry-level person replaces them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Company wants employees to be committed and dedicated but has little dedication to hard working, well-performing employees. That needs to change in order for morale and employee satisfaction to rise.

Bad Managment

ProsAbsolutely nothing. NONE. NONE. NONE.

ConsDirectors/Senior Mangers should learn to communicate with the team about the direction of the company ,products, activities etc. They hardly talk with the team members.

Layoffs . Dont shock people with layoffs . Need to be transparent and not do things like make employees sign competitive agreements and then fire them few weeks later. Hurts morale.

Lots of people leaving. VPs, Directors, Managers, Developers etc.. Thats not helping.

Make sure your teams interact with each other. Make sure you and your Leads know who is a senior person and who is a junior in the team. dont make junior people do reviews for seniors code ,vice versa is fine. thats just ridiculous.

No direction. No transparency . Poor leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire capable managers with good management experience and graduates from good schools.

You need to realize employee is also your customer and give promotions/incentives/opportunities periodically.

Dont keep hiring contractors . that too contractors who dont want to share anything with the employees and wants to share information only with their company contractors.

When you are starting a new project dont make contractors your priority. At-least make sure you have more employees in any project than contractors. That sends a wrong message.

Change is not good

Carrollton, GA

ProsI have a job.... There is 20 word minimum and I'm not sure I have 20 good word to put here.

ConsSince the merger, I do not feel like the company values its employees. Compensation is minimum and request for a raise has been promised for years and still not received. More work has been added with no appreciation. "Good ol boy" system in upper management, so ability to move up is almost impossible regardless of how hard you work and how well you do your job. Opportunity for advancement is low. They make it impossible to move positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart making your employees feel valued. Stop paying pennies for good work.

Transition Changes The Work Place

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Carrollton, GA

ProsGreat people to work with, opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet. Merger has changed some things, but it is needed for the overall growth of the company.

ConsCompensation is below market value, Carrollton is hindrance for those not living in the West Georgia area. Management & team leaders need more trust in their team members and provide them with more responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearer vision and communication to mid-level management.

Nov. 2013 Merger with Vitera - Do Your Homework

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMake sure you read reviews under Vitera since Greenway recently merged with them. Yes, the Vitera people at the employee level are great and the newly merged Greenway is currently hiring but...

Cons...Vitera (formerly Sage Healthcare) carries with it a lot of baggage. Vista Equity, the parent company of Vitera acquired shares of Greenway so it's not as though Greenway took over. Educate yourself on the Vista-Vitera situation before coming to work for Greenway. There have already been multiple layoffs and downsizing continues--a part of any merger. Keep in mind the merger is only several months old...be smart.

Disappointing

ProsThe product and customers , a few good employees left . Nice building .

ConsVery weak leadership , managers in place because of good old boy network. Mid level managers are incompetent to lead or manage people . Top level have no ethics. They look good on the outside but very troubling on inside.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell innovation that has not been developed. You took a great company and have sent it into major decline. Greenway will be a mediocre product just like Viteras . Dont immulate their failure to thrive.

Vista Equity/Vitera Buyout killed Greenway

Employee (Former Employee)
    Carrollton, GA

ProsWorked in Atlanta most of my career; moved to Greenway to get out of the hustle and bustle of city life. Carrollton turned out to be quite a nice place to work, nice people, decent places to eat and visit after work. Greenway Carollton campus has a gym that employees can use and a Cafe serving breakfast/lunch for a decent price for the quality.

Before Buyout: Great work atmosphere. The place was definitely family first atmosphere with a work/life balance. The people were on board and ready to work hard to meet the goals set forth by the leadership.

After Buyout: I think only two things came out of the buyout that was good: They promised 401k matching every year if you worked there the entire 365 days and school reimbursement for approved coursework.

ConsThe company had yet to define a set of development standards for the entire company to follow so each product group worked in their own way. The software is dated (VBScript, vb.net, sql) Some C# code but not much.

Before Buyout: Health insurance was mid-grade at best. High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100%. Most of the company was on the good ol' boy tier system. If you'd been there long time you would be at a high level (whether or not you could actually perform the jobs you were given).

After Buyout: Leadership lied to the employees about job safety. Forced employees to sign the most rigorous no-compete agreement I've seen in years (12 pages, including a clause that claimed all rights to anything built even if built during personal time without use of their materials). For developers, this is a slap in the face. By force I mean, here sign this or quit. You have 7 days to turn it back in or your terminated. A few weeks after the agreement was due the company terminated 90+ individuals. Afterwards you can imagine the moral of the company. Of course after this the company has been hemorrhaging employees ever since.

My advice as a software engineer is find somewhere else to work until the company changes into what a software company should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the management team and Vista Equity is stop treating your software engineers like they are no higher than the dirt you walk on and start treating them as valuable individuals that build your products. The moment you stop respecting people is the moment your high horse (made of employees) will come crashing down.

Worked for Greenway Health? Contribute to the Community!

Greenway Health Videos

Greenway Health – Why Work for Us?

About Greenway Delivering the innovative information solutions providers need to better manage quality, efficient care and achieve improved patient population health. With an established marketplace presence dating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greenway Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Greenway Health CEO Wyche T. Green, III. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Greenway Health employees.