Greenwich Investment

Greenwich Investment Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Louis George Rieger

I gained a strong understanding of the municipal bond market and the basics of portfolio management

Intern (Former Employee) Greenwich, CT

Pros- Very experienced group of professionals, especially Management
    - Loyal investor base
    - Low-risk, compounding-focused investment strategy
    - Consistent returns regardless of market conditions

Cons- Decreased market exposure due to aversion to leverage, which is a strategy that Greenwich Investment Management has not wavered from in its history; also decreases risk

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at Greenwich Investment Management does a strong job of staying disciplined to its investment philosophy of investing in high-yield, tax-exempt bonds and high-dividend equity investments, and has been successful in doing so.

Terrific learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a real opportunity to learn a proven investment strategyy, and the most interesting part of it involves non-rated municipal bonds. The firm's founder is one of the few portfolo managers in the country to manage individual bond portfolios (rather than a bond fund) holding these types of bonds. The clients are better off with this approach, and the staff does enormous due diligence to select and even structure the investments. I worked at the firm for six years, and the experience was generally a positive one.

ConsThe entrepreneurial environment could use more structure, wtih greater clarity in job descrptions and clear goals for advancement. I think this would help the firm's growth and improve employee retention among mid-level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementSame as I wrote in the "cons." More structure would be helpful.

Worked for Greenwich Investment? Contribute to the Community!