Gregg Distributors

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Gregg

My experience at Gregg Distributors started out great, but as time went on lost respect for management

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Langley, BC (Canada)

ProsThe pay was good. Great co-workers when you were allowed to talk.

ConsMoral was not so great. Everyone is made to feel like a two year old. You are asked to take initiative, work as a team player but don't talk to the other players. Then after taking initiative are told no that is not how things are done here. Quote: "If you don't like the restaurant - then don't eat here".

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should give your employees more credit for doing their jobs as great as they do. Don't focus on the negativity so much, spread more positive around the workplace.

Started out great, but realize there are favorites who get extra training which equals extra pay and bonuses.

ProsBasic starting wage before taxes is pretty good. If you show up for work a half hour early and stay late, they may give you a small raise or take that into consideration for bonus.

ConsMinimal training. Unsafe work: heavy stuff stacked on heavy stuff stacked on heavy stuff just waiting to topple over!
    Things to trip over constantly.
    They get forewarned when inspectors are coming, so they tidy up until the inspection has happened.
    Different rules for different people and management doesn't follow their own rules.
    Constantly being monitored. Don't talk to each other, but part of the requirements for bonus is to show up at company functions.
    "This isn't rocket science people" I'd what you hear when the magnitude of paperwork isn't done quite up to spec. They need to get into this century and start making less complicated paperwork!
    Their favorite comment is "to put skin in the game". They want you to put in extra time, but you're salary, do you're not really getting paid, but it may help your bonus if you're eligible for it according to all of their specifications.
    If you brown nose to management or tattle on co-workers, you move up very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone with respect, not just those that suck up.
    Stop preferential treatment, it just makes everyone else hate coming in and working so hard while the chosen ones are allowed to slack and chit chat.

run as far away from this company as possible!

Proscant really think of any

Consmanagement lack morals and integrity. the product that we sell is highly overpriced for the poor quality. we cant even fix the stuff we sell that breaks! further to that what you pay for say a nice leatherman you can buy across the street for 1/2 the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cant pull the wool over everyone's eyes forever.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay but poor management.

Warehouse (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsGood pay and benefits. The environment and workload was reasonable for the salary. There was a system for everything which allows all systems to go smooth.

ConsTop heavy with a lot of managers and supervisors. There was rampant micro management which sometimes got in the way of getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the employees to get the job done.

Unpleasant company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsSalary and benefits are good

ConsI highly recommend NOT working for this company. Here's a few things reasons why:

-management is very disrespectful
    -Overly structured and strict. No freedom to feel welcomed or a valued employee.
    -Your on a schedule whatever you do. You want a bathroom break, your monitored, your 1 minute late from a break you get the wrath of your manager.
    -You use 3 of your "personal" days up for the year, you have to use vacation. Example-Funeral, family member sick etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to relax more. Treat your employee's with respect and APPRECIATE staff. We should like our work environment and feel comfortable and confident coming to work. It shouldn't feel like "jail"

Horrible

Warehouse (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsPay is higher than most for the same work. But considering how you will be treated....

Cons-Constantly monitored by management. I mean CONSTANTLY. At Edmonton main they have people who actually time employees trips to the bathroom.
    -You will be disrespected and humiliated by management often.
    -Lost Time Incident forms. Basically you get 15 days vacation (because you are paid salary they are required to give this to you). On top you get 3 "extra" days. Sounds great right? WRONG. Because these three days disappear very quickly. If you have to take a phone call during Gary's time you have to fill out a form that deducts the time from your vacation. Sounds fair? Well what if your wife was in an accident? Doesn't matter. Oh yeah, and they deduct an extra 5 minutes on top of whatever you used for the inconvenience. If you have to go to the dentist, that's your vacation. Funeral...yep, vacation. Also, employees are scared to talk to one another because this will also eat up your vacation time.
    -Those "bonuses" aren't really bonuses. Because you have to work extra time every day to get them, and it never adds up to your time lost. And they are decided by the big man himself, so good luck with that if your not in the inner circle.
    Overall just a terrible place to work. If you have no problem working like a robot, not being allowed to talk to fellow employees even just to see how their weekend was, and being taken advantage of, or your in the "inner circle" then probably not bad. But for those of us with dignity, BEWARE!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and realize that you have to treat people like they have rights. This is Canada, and nobody should have to be treated like I was. Just because you can say "hey if your not happy, leave" should you? Is that what your company motto is? Pathetic and childish.

great place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Prosjob is very easy, pay is good, people are nice.

Consnothing really bad about this place.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work guys and gals.

It is what you make it

ProsGood pay
    Opportunity for sales
    Well stocked Warehouse

Consmanagement
    absolutely no trust
    very suspicious of employees

The job was very repetitive, however the pay was fairly good.

Stock Picker (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was fairly good
    Good amount of breaks between work
    Not very difficult
    Not extremely physically demanding
    Some training was provided

ConsUnpredictable working hours
    All work had to be finished before going home
    Very repetitive
    Very little motivation
    Some managers were disrespectful and impolite

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more motivation and respect. Keep track off employees behaviour and praise when possible. Create a system which motivates employees to get the jobs done quicker.

Worked for Gregg Distributors? Contribute to the Community!