Greggs Reviews

Reset
3.9
Greggs CEO Roger Whiteside
Roger Whiteside

Pros
  • Good pay for a retail job compared to some of it's competitors (in 9 reviews)

• The profit share scheme and social club organisation are a good idea (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managed by area managers, no innovation or freedom (in 8 reviews)

• Constant theft and abuse (never addressed), Rude customers, constant cutting of staff/hours (in 4 reviews)

Great for career development, family atmosphere in stores

Current Employee - General Manager- Troubleshooting Stores in National City, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager- Troubleshooting Stores in National City, CA

I have been working at Greggs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

worked through ranks from weekend assist to GM, good but overly complicated training program's, fun place to work.

Cons

Micro managed by area managers, no innovation or freedom. Harder than it looks!

Advice to Management

Allow store managers freedom to deal with issues, and have authority to make on the ground decisions

2. Great company!!

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Durham, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Durham, CO

I have been working at Greggs part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay and working conditions.Good benefits, company pension,sick pay, VERY generous staff discount scheme.Most importantly a very generous profit share bonus yearly. Good opportunities for career progression, with support and development available to those that want it. Great team within shop and company.

Cons

More rigerous interviews for new staff members, training should be taken more seriously with more time available for staff members.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, take on their ideas more. Shop floor staff have valuable product and sales knowledge from the front line come talk with them about product development, ask them what customers are asking for. We may be the lowest rung on the ladder but we are the face of the company.

3. Greggs

Pros

Friendly people and managers who worked along-side regular employees. Good discount.

Cons

Very hard to book time off.

5. senior sales

Current Employee - Senior Sales Assistant in Mablethorpe, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Assistant in Mablethorpe, England (UK)

I have been working at Greggs full-time

Pros

great team work, fun atmosphere, the company are dedicated towards their staff, all aspects of health and safety are in place, great new products continually being introduced, great selling incentives. what more can i say, they are a great company, go out there and give them a try, lots of long standing employees can't be wrong.

Cons

early morning starts, sometimes the staffing levels are stretched a little too far with the way the computer does the rotas, however i work at a coastal resort so one min it can be crazy busy the next it can be a quiet day.

Advice to Management

send someone from very high up into our store and let them work from a 6 am start on sandwiches and opening to a close a 6pm with minimum staff........ bet they couldn't do what we dedicated ones do every day!

6. team member

Current Employee - Team Member in Huddersfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Huddersfield, England (UK)

I have been working at Greggs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team great management

Cons

putting on weight from all the delicious food I keep buying

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

7. very good company to work with

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Greggs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good staff good manager enjoy working for them easy to learn things to do friendly teamwork and manager if you are good and reliable you can do more hours up to the hours written on the contract the manager (at least mine) follow you on the training giving you the advice how to progress better yourself at work. the pay is 6,98 and after the training is complited you,ll gain 7,11

Cons

you have to pay for food and drinks but at least you'll have a discount working sometimes with people that doesn't know what they have to do only par time and less hours not a full time at all for the first 3 month no holidays payed no monthly pay but weekly pay every tuesdays

Advice to Management

they are too stressed...

8. sales assistant

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Doncaster, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Doncaster, England (UK)

I have been working at Greggs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i absolutly love working for greggs its a brilliant company to work for and all the employees and employers are all down to earth. my favorite job yet and i dont want to work anywhere else!!

Cons

havent really got any downsides to working at greggs to be honest its all briliant and wouldnt change where i am for anything

Advice to Management

dont need to give advice to any managment as they are all awesome and do a great job at making us feel welcome

9. Perfect student job.

Current Employee - Team Member in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Greggs part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Contracted 5 hours, but can work up to 39. Fits around my student lifestyle - Better pay than similar companies - Good perks. Yearly bonus as well as rewarded occasionally with shopping vouchers - Allow me to work in shops in different cities.

Cons

- Work can be repetitive - Little promotion prospects for full time staff

10. Team member

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Greggs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A range of tasks and always busy so you never get bored

Cons

Some of the regulations are hard to meet and some of the things expected of us are ridiculous

Advice to Management

Try and make more achievable goals instead of expecting the impossible because it puts people off

11. Decent job

Former Employee - Team Member in Strathaven, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Strathaven, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Greggs (Less than a year)

Pros

Fab team to work with, really close knit and nice. Work is satisfying and working with the public is fun. It's a steep learning curve sometimes, especially when learning sandwiches but apart from that it's great.

Cons

Long-shifts sometimes, and work can be tiring. On your feet for long periods of time, so make sure wear comfortable shoes when you work. I was also unable to move to another store when I moved house, so that was unfortunate for me, but I'm unsure if others have had this problem

Advice to Management

Allow people to move to other stores more easily, it's a waste of trained staff when we can't get work due to circumstances out of our control

RSS Feed </> Embed