Gregory FCA Reviews

3.9
Greg Matusky

1. Awesome learning experience and opportunity for growth within the company

I worked at Gregory FCA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is full of smart, creative people. Everyone is willing to lend a hand, teaching one another new, innovative skills and concepts. The work atmosphere is vibrant and hard work is always noticed by both peers and even the CEO. Great place to work if you want to feel valued and cared for by the employer.

Cons

If you are someone who likes to sit back and be handed boring assignments, this company isn't for you. They prefer outgoing, motivated individuals who crave work and skill development. Not many cons for someone who is looking to grow and enhance their skills and experience.

2. Not the most exciting job

Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun company culture
    - Greatly improved PR writing skills

Cons

- Very cliquey
    - Boring cubicle atmosphere, sometimes hard to make it through the day
    - Lots of busy work; often ran out of work to do. When I would ask about additional assignments I was often told there was nothing else for me to do. Spent a lot of time performing the same tasks rather than learning the skills I was promised when hired. Disappointing, since I turned down several other offers to work here.

A pretty good company to intern at for a PR to gain insight into the industry.

I worked at Gregory FCA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great team helping all the interns. Everything is well organized. The facility was state of the art.

Cons

There were days that could get very tedious, a notion that was echoed by some of the interns.

Advice to Management

Have there be more side projects and areas where Jr. Associates can feel like they're helping out. PR lends many opportunities for interns to surprise in a good way.

Opportunity for growth if you work for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

I have been working at Gregory FCA full-time

Pros

For those who have the right talents and drive to get things done, Gregory FCA holds a lot of opportunity. In recent years, the company has done a great job of promoting from within and recognizing those who deserve to move forward. The atmosphere is fun and fairly casual and there are a lot of really smart people to learn from.

Cons

The grapevine is very active, so sometimes news gets out within the company before management has a chance to share it. This can lead to confusion, especially when important employees have left the company.

A definite boost to my resume...two thumbs up!

I worked at Gregory FCA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was part of the Junior Associate program at Gregory FCA. Junior Associate is how they refer to their interns, which right off the bat made me feel cool! The internship was a competitive one, as I was not the only one working for a full-time job. Despite not landing a job at the firm following my internship, I am still proud to have this company on my resume and feel lucky to have had the opportunity to learn from such a great group of people.

Sure, it started off like I assume most internships do with building media lists and writing coverage summaries. But, once I got to know the clients my team served better, I was given more hands-on responsibilities where I found out what would be expected of me, should I become a full-time member of their team.

What I enjoyed most was getting to participate not only in Gregory FCA's fun office culture, but also their brainstorms. Our team had brainstorms all the time where I was always encouraged to contribute my ideas no matter how small, and on occasion there were company-wide meetings to bring fresh ideas to the table for either a new client or one they've had for a while. I truly appreciated being involved in these events.

Cons

On occasion the man who came to bring breakfast in the morning would show up 45 minutes to an hour after the start of the work day. But then again...it was free!

7. A mix of Romper Room and Scary Movie

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, generous bosses, ability to step right in to big projects, working for some interesting clients, free cereal at all times

Cons

Everyone is seemingly 21 -- they have staff meetings reminding people not to wear ripped up jeans to work. You can fall out of favor quickly

Advice to Management

The company seems a bit schizophrenic; a more even keel would suit staff and clients alike.

8. Fast paced working environment

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Gregory FCA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and a fun working environment. Also was given a lot of responsibility while on the job.

Cons

Very clique-ish. They will have you thinking that they are loking to hire entry-level but don't.

Advice to Management

Don't string interns along and try to reel them in with the "planning to hire" pitch if you don't have any intentions on doing so. It's false advertisement.

9. Good people, boring work

I worked at Gregory FCA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and the work environment is relatively relaxed.

Cons

Interns get paid minimum wage and do much of the tedious work that superiors would normally be doing. You don't learn too much be compiling media lists.

Advice to Management

Be a little more hands on with interns.

10. Excellent Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA

Pros

This job was my first in the "real world" and I had an excellent experience learning from industry professionals who took their jobs seriously. I was treated with respect from middle and upper management and think others were treated equally. Honesty and work ethic are two properties that differentiate the top employees from the bottom of the barrel. The best part, management notices!

Cons

I wish I could say the same about the respect I received from middle and upper management that I received from my peers. I almost felt bad outperforming them.

Advice to Management

You are an excellent company - there are many account executives that are lucky to be working there.

Great training ground. Offered a lot of opportunities.

Former Employee - Associate Vice President in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Vice President in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA

Pros

I look back at my time at Gregory FCA as valued experience that opened many doors. I still think a lot about going back. The company is client focused and very fast-paced, and for employees that did well in that environment there was vast opportunity, but the ones that didn't left. I always felt challenged and rewarded there.

Cons

The one downside is the company's location. Selfishly, I wish it had been in downtown Philadelphia, but the train is a couple blocks away, so it was manageable.

Advice to Management

I can't say enough positive things about working at Gregory FCA. I continue to have strong, lasting relationships with the management and even call on them for advice in my new role.

RSS Feed </> Embed