Grene Vision Group

Employment Status

Reset
Susan Wade

1. Excellent company that offers insurance and 401k plan

I have been working at Grene Vision Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great group of doctors that really care for their patients. Good ability to be promoted within the company. Both CFO and COO are women who relate to the average employee.

Cons

Healthcare is changing fast with increased computer use and government regulations. Everyone at Grene vision has to be trained on these systems and it can be more difficult for some.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, Grene Vision Group is a leader in eye care in the state and the Midwest. Keep looking out for honest hard working people that are willing to learn. Be willing to fire the ones that are not working hard or working smart.

2. Not smoothly ran by management. The phone and computer system only worked right part of the time

Former Employee - CTLtechnician in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - CTLtechnician in Wichita, KS

I worked at Grene Vision Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not find any good reason to work here other than they offer a benefit package. On a good note the doctors were good to their patients.

Cons

Was asked to work late and come in early, even covered for people who were out of the office. Was trying to move up in my own position and never got a chance to do that. When I was working hard and trying to improve I was abruptly kicked out.

Advice to Management

Management at the Webb office needs to be changed for the better if that is even possible. They need someone that can take care of patient's complaints and make them right. Too many people were upset the way this company was handling the overall patient flow. Employees within their own departments couldn't even handle everything and that goes for the doctor's assistants as well. There were happy patients to but if this was a truly good company there wouldn't have hardly have been any upset people. If you want to work at Grene Vision Group I would try to work at a different location other than the Webb office, working under that level of management just isn't worth it.

3. Too many chiefs... gossip, gossip... not productive. There was too much jealousy over what other's jobs were.

Former Employee - Ugh the Insurance Department in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Ugh the Insurance Department in Wichita, KS

I worked at Grene Vision Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, nice docs to work for especially Dr. Agpoon and Dr. Gangadahr!

Cons

Terrible office managers, not degreed, no previous experience... they seem to ALL come from the Insurance Dept too... WHY???

Advice to Management

Don't hire 'wanna be's' for office managers...

5. Boring, but good hours

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Grene Vision Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistant work load. Good schedule, no holidays, weekends, or call

Cons

Not much upward growth for RN

6. I was always left out of the loop and felt I was always talked about behind my back.

Former Employee - Master of All Trade in Hutchinson, KS
    Former Employee - Master of All Trade in Hutchinson, KS

I worked at Grene Vision Group

Pros

They offer Medical and Dental Insurance, 401K. Paid time off. They have a Christmas part every year and give away great prizes. They recognise employees years of service at the awards ceremony at the Christmas Parties.

Cons

Some Employees are two faced and do not think of anybodies feelings. Management seems to only hire family for important jobs. They do not give raises anymore.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration the feelings of others when you let them go. Letting them go is not always the best route for the employee, (maybe the employers), but not the employee, especially when they are already having financial problems. Don't just kick them to the curb and not think twice. It is really hard for them to get back on their feet again.

7. Too much upper management. Many related to VP's Policy change almost weekly. No promotion within.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Grene Vision Group

Pros

Great Doctors and Staff, Great public recognition. Grene Vision has a reputation of great staff and outstanding high end products.

Cons

Pay freeze for past 3 years. No training, No promotional opportunities, Benefits have been reduced over the last 5 years. No input from management. Hiring under qualified staff at reduced wages.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff and reward work well done, consider promoting from within instead of just those related to Susan Wade

RSS Feed </> Embed