Greystar

www.greystar.com

Greystar Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Bob Faith

Pros
  • Benefits are good and get better with longevity(in 3 reviews)

• They operate in a very similar manner to other property management companies I have worked for(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no idea how to run the accounting department(in 13 reviews)

• A lot of work sometimes without time to get it done(in 3 reviews)

Dynamic Company!

Leasing Agent (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsHighest paid Commission and Bonuses. Training. #1 in Property Management in the Nation! Wonderful Benefit Packages! Wardrobe Expense!

ConsHours, but that's how it goes in this industry. There are really no cons to working for Greaystar!

Greystar

Community Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI enjoy working with a very talented group of people who challenge me.
    Greystar continues to grow and I have been able to grow strategically as well.

ConsNow that Greystar has acquired Riverstone we have nearly doubled in size. It’s a bit daunting to see how competitive internally opportunities in the future are.
    I feel forgotten and more like a number than a person who could make a name for myself.

Amazing corporate and executive management team

Regional Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery well organized hierarchy, significant amount of corporate resources, positive and respectful attitude toward its employees, and lots of opportunities if you are flexible in relocating.

ConsSometimes difficult to feel part of a team atmosphere when you are in a satellite office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for!

Leasing Professional (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreystar really cares about their employees! The staff I work with is the most down to earth, caring, hard working, motivating and professional people I have ever worked with. I'm glad I made the change from a different company. I have had nothing less than an amazing experience. I would recommend greystar to everyone. Amazing opportunity for advancement within the company

ConsWeekends are tough especially when you have children.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at all! Keep doing what you are doing....it works!

They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk

Property Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe training is great, the benefits are great, compensation could be more competitive.

ConsThere is only a handful of people in the Houston Region that can be trusted, but they are overshadowed by the majority. A Greystar "Great" once said it would be our mission to "walk the walk", not just "talk the talk". Unfortunately, there are those who didn't decide to follow her mission. Gossip, backstabbing, showboating, and undermining success is the norm in this top rated company. What a shame...

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I thought it would matter...

Greystar unloyal

Community Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFree insurance and good 401k plan.

ConsUpper management will put their personal relationships before professional ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value employee's loyalty and their personal well being.

Your average property management company.

Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey operate in a very similar manner to other property management companies I have worked for.

Cons-Underpay religiously
    -Understaff the properties
    -Everything is kept as tight as possible in regards to budgeting, and the residents are the ones who pay for it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great company with a bright future!

Porter/Make Ready (Current Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsI like going to work every day to something new and knowing there is room to move up.

ConsCan't think of any at the moment. Just started with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProperty management is very professional. We all work as a team.

Great Company!

Leasing Professional (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsTraining, networking, professionalism, good peers, good opportunities, benifits

ConsI honestly ca't think of any.

Great Company to start and continue your career in propery management!

Leasing Professional (Current Employee)

Prospay and benefitsare excellent; Training program is very intricate and informative

ConsWorking weekends is difficult, although the thought process is undestandable.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work guys!!!

Worked for Greystar? Contribute to the Community!