Greystone Healthcare Management

Connie Bessler

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - COTA/L in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Greystone Healthcare Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits for the employees.. including paid holidays and if you work double pay. Great environment for your love ones to get great care

Cons

I really have no cons. I really like my job. I have been employed for over 8 years and have seen many changes.

Advice to Management

Continue the leadership track. It's great

Family Like Environment....Promotes associate growth and development

Current Employee - Director of Nursing Services in Lady Lake, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing Services in Lady Lake, FL

I have been working at Greystone Healthcare Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Greystone really supports the growth and development of their associates. They continue to grow and groom their leaders in order to help the achieve their fullest potential. They mentor and support you always and are always just a phone call away if you need their assistance. Even up at the Tampa office they are always so supportive of me as an associate of this company.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. Keep continuing to mentor and support your staff and watch them succeed.

Advice to Management

Thank you always for all of your kind words and support. You believed in me and helped me to become the nurse and director of nursing that I am today. I am very grateful for all that you have done.

3. Colleagues & Management

Former Employee - Staff RN in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Greystone Healthcare Management

Pros

Nurses there are great they work very hard under the pressure placed upon them by unrealistic management demands

Cons

They called me in the middle of the night to tell me they had to send my mother to St Pete General for a GI bleed. I sat in the ER for 3 hours, till 4am, only to finally go back into the ER to see her, AND IT WASN.T HER!!!!! They sent another resident, not even her roommate .Management is terrible, Greystone has made it clear they are a FOR PROFIT corp.

Advice to Management

STOP THE BULLYING!

5. A good place to Start as beginner but the salary is so damn CHEAP.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

- Good Work Environment. - Friendly Patients

Cons

- Corporate and Administration doesn't care about the low level staff who put so much handwork for the patients. - The pay is not according to the amount of responsibility they put on to other staff. - Staffing is so bad, we got so many inconsistencies on the schedule. The nurse to patient ratio is not according to the current state law. - No support from the administration, it takes so much time to get raise, and they like to judge and fire people quickly. - So many favoritism and inequality towards from one department to another. Nurses works very hard yet remain unappreciated, belittled, and disrespected.

Cheap, condescending, illegal, immoral, do not put license in jeopardy

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lady Lake, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lady Lake, FL

I worked at Greystone Healthcare Management

Pros

None now- they are systematically letting go anyone who cares about facility

Cons

Management- favoritism, incompetent, illegal acts Poor pay Poor work environment Disceving

Advice to Management

DON has to go, administrator has to be removed, favoritism has to stop

7. RRT

I worked at Greystone Healthcare Management

Pros

There are not many best reasons. Your schedule is always being revised and you don't get full time hours even though you are told you are full time.

Cons

Forget about health insurance, you don't get enough dependable hours to be able to purchase it.

Doesn

Current Employee - Therapy in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Therapy in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Greystone Healthcare Management (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays ok, pretends to care about staff patient care

Cons

All about dollars/cents. Management receives bonuses based on being cheap/short cuts to staff. Very rarely provided with necessities to perform work duties. Bad management, doesn't know basics of Medicare laws. Revolving door for staffing at all levels, regular and management

Advice to Management

Stop donating money to charities and start investing in your own company. Stop offering kickbacks to multiple mid-level managers and instead provide staff with tools to succeed

Licensed practical nurse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Greystone Healthcare Management full-time

Pros

pay, good nursing staff, helpful and supportive

Cons

Lack of organization and professionalism. There are never enough supplies to do your job are always short

Advice to Management

Where is the "WOW" factor you preach about? It starts with supporting your staff and equipping them with resources to make a lasting impression. I know that dollars and cents are the bottom line, but you can't expect compliments on taking good care of people, if your nursing staff doesn't have the resources to do so.

The revolving door of LPNs and CNAs

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Greystone Healthcare Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The physical therapists are great.

Cons

No orientation. Entire first paycheck not there because office staff was too busy to put new hires into the system, had wait 2 pay cycles for a check. 18-22 patients per hall with 1 to (some times) 2 CNAs. CNAs get 1 day off a week so they're burnt out and exhausted. Management too busy to notice new hire can't get into the system to know what meds to give or record nightly paperwork. On 2 different occasions RN in charge of new hire left the property completely while still on the clock, for 2 hours, leaving new hire no way to get into computer system (MAR/TAR) or med drawers.The common language is, "I'm going on break." New hire taking that literal, assumed RN in charge/CNAs would be back in 15 minutes, only to discover that means staff is leaving the floor completely for at least 30+ minutes with or without clocking out.

Advice to Management

Hire new management that isn't too busy to do the job correct and set a good example.

Overwhelming work conditions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Acres, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Acres, FL

I worked at Greystone Healthcare Management

Pros

New building, nice colleagues, new equipment, good payment, professional atmosphere, reliable co-workers, good benefits if used, very clean environment, team work

Cons

No support from management against demanding and offending residents and family members, in house training just a kind of recurring reading of rules, short staffing without supervision, no proper education in case of insulting residents and family members, protecting management first - no stuff supporting, values only count for residents not for the employees, overwhelming work conditions d/t inability to replace staff after calling offs, recurrent calling offs, staff issues almost every day, inaccurate number of people per shift

RSS Feed </> Embed