Greythorn Reviews

Updated October 10, 2014
Updated October 10, 2014
4.3

Ben Weber

Honest, ethical and a great place to build your book of business

Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission structure for sales and recruiters. Career growth. Global company with relocation possibilities to the UK, Australia and many many more. Very competitive base salaries compared to other firms in the area.

Cons

Some of the cons are also some of the pros. Almost feels like they are a perpetual start-up, always changing processes, but at the end of the day, they’re just trying to improve the way they do business. Health Benefits could also be better and I would like to see a match in my 401k.

Great Company

Former Employee - Credentialed Trainer in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Credentialed Trainer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Greythorn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good people who follow up and respond to requests and. Inquires. Pay on time and accurate. Client cut expense per diem Greythorn stepped up and paid us difference in hourly wage.....Kudos to them thatscwhy I stayed

Cons

No future work available thought they had more work turned out to be wrong

Keep up the good work and get more contracts

Excellent EPIC consulting firm, quick onboarding of consultants.

I have been working at Greythorn

Pros

Great follow through with processes. Someone is always available by phone if needed. Quick turn around to assist Corporate client with staffing needs. Caleb, Chris & Linda are terrific.

Cons

Helpful with looking for next gig, but nothing available. Not really a con.

Thank you with the position at HOU, TX.

True Believers In Recruiting Through Networking/Leg Work

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Greythorn gives you the ability and support to really dig into a vertical you are passionate about. They definitely are believers in hard work and hard-core recruiting by meeting the candidates, meeting with clients, meeting with industry professionals just to network, going to meetups/events, creating a reputation in your field--just getting out from behind LinkedIn to build a brand and drive work your way simply through reputation.

-Everyone is passionate and wants to be here and loves recruiting
    -Leadership supports its recruiters/AEs, has the resources available to ensure they succeed, and offers a flexible environment that supports their varied work styles
    -The more you dedicate, the more success you will see. It's well worth the effort to build your business.
    -We are work hard, play hard, and honestly have fun together. Company sponsors many events to give us an opportunity to blow off steam and recharge.
    -Definite advantages to working for an international company
    -Leagues better than the last firm I worked for which was all heads down job board search, no personal connections, plug and place environment with no concern for quality--all bottom line with no benefit to you. Greythorn is the exact opposite and approaches recruiting exactly how it should be done to achieve the most success.

Cons

-Really direct and open bunch of people, everything in good jest, lots of respect (pro). Great for the outgoing types; might not be great for those who offend easily.
    -If you need to be micromanaged or would hate being out late occasionally having dinner with the best of the best in your vertical, it's probably not a great fit for you.

-Doing a really good job creating an environment where employees want to stay and supporting those who do in any way possible. Keep it up.
    -Obviously weekly company happy hours are a must and should be scheduled immediately

The recruitment firm you want to work with...

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Big Data and Cloud in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Big Data and Cloud in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

True vertical specialization, solid team, strong company culture, honest and ethical.
    I love that I’m able to manage my desk like my own personal business. I can come up with new ideas and ways to impact the industry.
    Ideas are allowed to become reality – we truly have all the control in the world to create a space that is “ours”

Cons

Not as well known as they need to be yet. We need to get our name out there more outside of the Seattle market. We are starting to make a dent in the San Francisco market, we just need to keep building.

Solid management team - really beginning to understand the importance of flexibility.

Entrepreneur based business model with the ability to be creative

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New Director of Technology comes with amazing industry experience and connection. You are encouraged to develop your own business and manage your own time. Newly remodeled office with lounging are and lots of employee perks and insentives

Cons

Office can be a bit on the cold side.

Keep doing what you are doing! Great partnership with your team!

Educational, ethical, smart, fun

Former Employee - Full Desk Recruit/Account Development in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Full Desk Recruit/Account Development in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Greythorn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Team (minus a bad egg or two)

Cons

Remote management not seeing the big picture.

Dont try to box everyone into mgmt roles. Build on the skills each individual has.

It is a placement firm only

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Greythorn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They have some very good Information Technology clients. The field representative works with high energy and will get feedback to you quickly after client site interviews. The paperwork process is fast and easy.

Cons

Poor benefits plan and if you decide you want it, it will cost way too much compared to other placement firms. The field representative tends to forget names (for example, who you are) after you have been placed. When your assignment ends, there is little urgency to get you redeployed--you are basically on your own.

Stay more in touch with the consultants and their hiring managers at client sites so you know what's coming up. When an assignment ends, put more effort into a redeployment plan.

excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very specialist, great understanding of the IT sector across all verticals

Cons

none I can think of

Hands off management style.

I worked at Greythorn

Pros

I was given complete autonomy. Very hands off management style. Part of the larger five ten group which allowed for cross penetration into clients. Could be quite difficult to get access to other clients.

Cons

Far too much autonomy and not enough adherence to kpi's. Very little in the way of incentives outside of commission. Slightly disorganised management.

Be tougher on your employees. Get them to stick to targets.