Grid Dynamics

www.griddynamics.com

Grid Dynamics Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

David Gimpelevich

A dynamic environment filled with the sharpest professionals in the eCommerce industry!

ProsGrid has a friendly environment comprised of people who really care about the company and executing at the top of their league. Grid is is about 400 people but feels like there are 20. You have the ability to stand out, contribute and make a difference compared to larger companies where you don't know everyone.

ConsGrid has been growing fast and is making strides to transition and change to keep up with the employment explosion. This is not really a con, as a plan has been set into motion, but is all I could think of to fill the requirement to type in this space.

The excitement of a start-up with the stability of a maturing company with major eCommerce clients.

California (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

Pros-Dynamic environment, new experiences and opportunities each day
    -Genius-level engineering staff; amazing to learn from and work with
    -New professional executive with experience and drive to take Grid to the next level
    -Positive outlook for the future; between the market and our strategies, we will stay one step
     ahead of technology.
    -Excellent health benefits and a company that really cares about you as a person and your
      professional development. Semi-annual review process is a priority with most reviews and
      meetings completed within the due date.
    -Although we are over 350 people world-wide, In the US we have a nice family feel.

Cons-As Grid is a major consultant in eCommerce, and has such talented engineers, we are
      extremely particular about hiring and can always use more amazing engineers! I will say,
      at least once we find the right person, we move fast!

Advice to Senior Management-Continue listening to our employees and shaping Grid into a mature eCommerce leader! Keeping the human element (care) while growing can be tough but hang in there and I am certain we will retain that wonderful sense of morale and family we currently have! Empower as many people as possible to care for our group, especially our talented engineers who make Grid what it is...a superior company to be part of!

Lacks Professionalism

Project Manager (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsGrowing company
    Good off shore team

ConsVery unprofessional
    Higher management need to change their attitude towards employees
    Absolutely no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on hiring quality, than just people who are ready to work on low wages.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

always promising prospects but dissatisfying reality

Architect (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

Pros- great career perspectives in a growing company (management and administrative tracks)
    - good fraction of really smart engineers in all locations
    - persuading and charismatic leader

Cons- not a good place for senior engineers oriented on technical growth
    - chaotic changes in directions
    - achievements are not evaluated properly
    - waste of resources on meaningless research/non-billable projects

Advice to Senior Management- define company core mission and stick to it
    - remove excessive levels of management, flattening the structure
    - take projects aligned to the core mission, stop doing work just for revenue
    - focus and invest in what makes sense for the company core mission, with research projects in particular
    - recruitment practices are what makes any company; and those need a lot of improvements, in US in particular
    - invest in marketing and sales

Good place for both professional and career growth where management cares about people

Software Architect (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsWork here gives opportunity to develop technical and management skills as well as knowledge around e-commerce business. On-site technologists analyse business requirements, transform those into functional and non-functional requirements for software application, design architecture, oversee implementation, tune performance and see end result in production. It is really amazing!

ConsSometimes there is too much organizational and management work which is perfect for those who want to develop those skills, but less preferable for those who wants to focus on developing technical skills. It is a matter of being able to setup process right though.

A lot of opportunities

Architect (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere is no boring things there. Every task are challenging. Motivation of all teams is really impressive. 100% of managers have technical background so they totally understand problems of all developers. Also it is good that clients are located both in the city and in the whole Bay Area, so employee could choose good location to work in

ConsGrid Dynamics need more engineers

Great company for professional growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsThe company grows fast
    There is a lot of interesting and challenging work
    Professional and career growth is encouraged
    Orientation on emerging technologies and hard technical problems; good place to work for technical staff: architects, technical managers, developers, QAs, etc.
    Engineering team rocks

ConsLack of technical middle management caused by aggressive growth
    Some corporate processes are not scaled to the new company size yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with executing the new strategy and growing responsibly

Best company in town but limited career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saratov, Saratovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

ProsIn my ~800k town it is a best company if you're looking for a stable engineering job:
     - administrators really invest into office environment and atmosphere
     - good work/life balance, you can almost every-time agree with you manager if you need a day-off or some specific hours off
     - very challenging: sometimes you feel like project future right in you hands
     - ability to travel abroad if you are lucky with visa
     - gym and yoga right in the office

Cons- The biggest problem is if you're already a seasoned pro there is no room for growth unless you consider relocation to US
    - While company welcomes abroad business trips, the only destination is US
    - Inconsistent work of sales department: sometimes we have projects we cannot stuff, sometimes there is a long bench

Advice to Senior Management- Enhance sales
    - Switch from bodyshop to project oriented company

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg (Russia)

ProsOur engineering team was grown from talented engineers and now they are experienced engineers with the strongest expertise in the bleeding-edge technology stack: Java / Java EE, Solr/Lucene, Coherence, Hadoop, Hybris, ATG, etc. They are interested in new technologies, they are speakers on conferences, meetups, active in open-source community. I think there is no challenging technical task, which could be left unsolvable with this team.

ConsGrid Dynamics works with e-Commerce clients and always offers challenging and technical tasks and interesting job. You could boost your expertise here and have a lot of fun. But sometimes there are quite periods of boring routine. Nevertheless our life is like zebra: white and black stripes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Grid Dynamics Intl company management always have the clearest understanding of short-term goals, directions and solutions for business growth. But it would be also helpful to convey understanding for long-term perspectives as well.

May be the best software company in Kharkov

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kharkiv (Ukraine)

ProsBleeding edge technologies, career and technical growth, friendly team

ConsI can not find cons

Worked for Grid Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!