Grifols

Updated January 14, 2015
2.6

Grifols Chairman and CEO Victor Grifols Roura
Victor Grifols Roura

Pros
  • benefits are good and it is considered a health care facility (in 5 reviews)

• Although the focus on work/ life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • your working 7 days a week and your days off are ones a week and there is no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance here (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Grifols Worldwide Operations is a great company!

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Grifols is a company that truly cares about their employees. They know the value and worth of each individual and the environment you work in is very close nit and has an atmosphere of family like comfort. The company offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, 401k, paid time off, paid travel expenses, tuition reimbursement, leadership training workshops, specialized job enhancement classes, and definitely offers many opportunities for advancement. Also the company values long term employees. The turn over rate is very low and employees stay with the company and make a career.

Cons

I think the company can do a better job at planning ahead. It will eliminate their employees scrambling to meet deadlines.

You all have done an excellent job serving this company and I value the great mentorship you all provide!

This is a great company to work for!

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent job security (company continues to grow), health benefits, and work-life balance. Decent PTO, bonuses and 401k matching.

Cons

This is a large company with over 10,000 employees. Many people make a career out of working here but upward mobility can be slower here than at other smaller companies.

New employee

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

I'm hoping there are good perks to this job besides the benefits.

Cons

I haven't started working for the company just yet, I did however, receive my offer letter and start date. Looking at the reviews on here makes me a little nervous because the main thing I'm seeing on here is no work life balance. I haven't been given a schedule yet, but I really hope I won't have to find another job and quit due to work hours. I'll be back for another review.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

Grifols is the 1st company producing life saving therapy drug with plasma. The company takes a lot of pride in what we do and our customers our Donors. Grifols is a family orientated business ranked the 61st best company to work for in Forbes magazine. The company is invested in providing excellent service and care for the customers, donors and employees. I love working at Grifols and I take a lot of pride in being and employee.

Cons

I have no complaints; Grifols is working hard as a company to grow and eliminate the areas in concern.

As a recruiter I would like to see the company turn around in the HR functions with scheduling for our Plasma Centers employees and hours. I believe once the company gets a good control of the turn-over with employees entry level position this will benefit the company from having a negative reflection and comments and gain a positive image and light we are striving for.

Senior Manager Financial Analyst

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

Great work - live balance. Changing environment with new opportunities

Cons

Micro-management performed by corporate in Spain.

Sales representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, always knowing exactly where you stand with your commission.

Cons

it truly is a great place to work

Number oriented

Current Employee - Area Lead Phlebotomist in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Area Lead Phlebotomist in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

patient hours to improve experience in health field

Cons

lack of concern for improving the atmosphere and moral of employees and patients.

as management pushes for self protection rather than working toward employees the moral becomes negative and self inflicting for training and progressing.

Only if you're desperate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Grifols full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Still some dedicated people hanging on, but don't count on their help. Pay is above-average. Sometimes a Friday afternoon social.

Cons

Fear-based management, constant departmental shuffling, upper management in-fighting and maneuvering means you never know what your job will be or whether you're qualified to do it. Infrastructure is laughable: IT is practically non-existent, getting basics like computers, printers, keys or offices can take months. Projects are always on insanely accelerated schedules, so work is sloppy and post-launch activities are mostly putting out fires, appeasing customers. Turnover is high, especially in marketing and project management, so vision is 3 feet in front, i.e., what will you trip over next. Raises and bonuses are minimal, PTO policies are for the company's benefit. Ethics are definitely frowned upon, except for the mindless, repetitive online learning courses.

If management has a vision, they're not letting on. This place would run better if upper management all took a leave of absence and let the minions work it out for themselves.

Work load and responsibility is very heavy.

Current Employee - Center Medical Specialist in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Center Medical Specialist in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Talecris, a company of Grifols, for over 3 years. I have worked with many pleasant coworkers and donors and have come to love my job and the goals for the company. Grifols is aiming to be the leading company in plasma and biomedicine and collect for medicinal and research purposes.

Cons

Work days are long, my shift never has an end time. We work holidays, PTO is limited and management only cares about numbers. Your job is rushed and you are under appreciated. There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Promotions from within are hard to get, you either have to brown nose or know someone, hard workers are over looked. I have worked with people who have been in this industry for over 30 years and are still in the same positions. Managers are only here to line their own pockets instead of for the good of the company since they receive bonuses.

Promote from within and learn about each area in the center and help out as much as possible. Grow for the good of the company, not just for yourself.

Administration Services

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clayton, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clayton, NC

I worked at Grifols full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment with co-workers was almost always pleasant. They generally have an overall pleasant and professional staff.

Cons

Difficult to move within the company. Seems most positions you have to know someone in order to advance or have lateral movement.

The benefits began to lessen over the years of my employment as well as the employee motivation due to this decrease. It began to feel as though the culture was centered around the management/Grifols ownership and did nothing to create pride in employees on an individual basis.