Grifols

Updated February 26, 2015
2.6

Grifols Chairman and CEO Victor Grifols Roura
Victor Grifols Roura

Pros
  • benefits are good and it is considered a health care facility (in 5 reviews)

• Although the focus on work/ life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • your working 7 days a week and your days off are ones a week and there is no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance here (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Global Marketing

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

- international exposure
    - corporate in Barcelona, Spain

Cons

- fairly manufacturing focused
    - competitive market

A good place to work and learn new things

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Austin, TX

I worked at Grifols

Pros

I was recognized for my work performance and given a bonus and a considerable raise in my first year.

Cons

I was treated unfairly by my manager after reporting him to upper management for ethics violations and a general "jealousy" over my bonus and raise and overall ability to out perform him with my ability to communicate. When I reported this retaliation and that I was working in a hostile environment it was largely sidestepped and not reported by upper management to the proper H.R. personnel which led to my resignation.

Take seriously the complaints regarding unfair/unethical treatment by managers to other hourly employees and outside vendors. You will have a happier work place and a more productive one. Also, do not punish an employee for being sick. i.e. getting written up for a sickness as it is an unscheduled absence even when they are notified in advance of shift of an employees illness. How can you plan a sickness? this policy is absurd!

great opportunity

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Grifols as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, a lot of overtime

Cons

there is no work-life balance

Under appreciated and very involved.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

Decent starting salary if new to management. Able to interact with a diverse group of people.

Cons

There is no clear objective or direction from corporate management. Responsibility is overwhelming with no recognition or support.

Spend more time in centers to see what each centers needs are. Have more positive reinforcement for center management, along with support.

Grifols Worldwide Operations is a great company!

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Grifols is a company that truly cares about their employees. They know the value and worth of each individual and the environment you work in is very close nit and has an atmosphere of family like comfort. The company offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, 401k, paid time off, paid travel expenses, tuition reimbursement, leadership training workshops, specialized job enhancement classes, and definitely offers many opportunities for advancement. Also the company values long term employees. The turn over rate is very low and employees stay with the company and make a career.

Cons

I think the company can do a better job at planning ahead. It will eliminate their employees scrambling to meet deadlines.

You all have done an excellent job serving this company and I value the great mentorship you all provide!

This is a great company to work for!

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent job security (company continues to grow), health benefits, and work-life balance. Decent PTO, bonuses and 401k matching.

Cons

This is a large company with over 10,000 employees. Many people make a career out of working here but upward mobility can be slower here than at other smaller companies.

New employee

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

I'm hoping there are good perks to this job besides the benefits.

Cons

I haven't started working for the company just yet, I did however, receive my offer letter and start date. Looking at the reviews on here makes me a little nervous because the main thing I'm seeing on here is no work life balance. I haven't been given a schedule yet, but I really hope I won't have to find another job and quit due to work hours. I'll be back for another review.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

Grifols is the 1st company producing life saving therapy drug with plasma. The company takes a lot of pride in what we do and our customers our Donors. Grifols is a family orientated business ranked the 61st best company to work for in Forbes magazine. The company is invested in providing excellent service and care for the customers, donors and employees. I love working at Grifols and I take a lot of pride in being and employee.

Cons

I have no complaints; Grifols is working hard as a company to grow and eliminate the areas in concern.

As a recruiter I would like to see the company turn around in the HR functions with scheduling for our Plasma Centers employees and hours. I believe once the company gets a good control of the turn-over with employees entry level position this will benefit the company from having a negative reflection and comments and gain a positive image and light we are striving for.

Senior Manager Financial Analyst

I have been working at Grifols

Pros

Great work - live balance. Changing environment with new opportunities

Cons

Micro-management performed by corporate in Spain.

no thanks

I have been working at Grifols full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

experience valuable later in your career.

Cons

its not enjoyable work and there are very few perks

pffft