Griswold Home Care

Add Photos

Tom Monaghan

In Home Care for the senior community

Los Angeles, CA

ProsPassion to help the elderly the company is good and caring, they offer supportive services safety and opportunity to stay in own homes with fair rates. They cover a broad area and will travel.

Consnot always a regular schedule may not always speak the languages do not have many offices in local area and many of the caregivers do have accents making it hard to understand English

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits to offer health care and insurance programs more training on a one on one basis to have more nurses on staff open more offices to make it easier to contact in different communities

Talks a big game, but does not deliver!

ProsGreat Educational program, lots of good information

ConsA business model that puts clients at risk

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney is not everything

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company, lots of work, high pay even without CNA ($12 a HR)

Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat company...of course depends on each individual office. But my office works with me, has lots clients and helps me through any issues I need resolved with clients or pay.

ConsYou are considered self employed so no benefits or taxes taken out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre

Home Health Aide (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

Pros10.50/hr, before taxes.
    I bonded well with my client.
    Writing "currently employed" on my resume got me more job offers in a week than I'd had in 4 months since I graduated with my BS, every week. I waited until someone made a good enough offer, and now I'm leaving.

ConsI worked 6 days a week sometimes.
    They could never find a substitute, even with advance notice.
    They "forgot" to tell me I needed my CNA licence, refused to comp me for any classes or testing which runs $1200.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want quality caretakers, you must pay appropriately. Otherwise you'll continue to be "stuck" with flakey potheads, illegal immigrants, and welfare baby mamas.

I really enjoy working at Griswold Home Care

Home Health Aide (Current Employee)
    Berlin, NJ

ProsI had the same clients for a year and i love them. you can take days off and not have to find coverage.if you are not comfortable doing certain things with/for your client this is not held against you. client pays you at the end of your shift normally. you make your own scheldule

Consthere are no benefits or PTO

Advice to Senior Managementwhen multiple staff work in a house on going then i think there should be a responsibility sheet because not everybody does what they are suppose to do.

I regret to have worked via this agency and will never take clients from them.

Caregiver (Former Employee)
    Maricopa, AZ

ProsNot much but clients pay less than other traditional ways. This a hybrid way of contract between Business and Clients leaving most aspects of dealing to caregivers. Private clients pay workers directly but they are taking a big risk with IRS.

ConsThey are in Franchise Business to help(sell & train) anyone to start a referral service and keep taking 33% Finder's fee from clients & caregivers (independent contractors). Brand new branches advertise themselves as 30 years in business. Workers have to deal with their own taxes (about 30% of income)as a self-employee but many of them don't pay 'cause they can't afford.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if they are non-medical care agencies, each branch owner should know about Health Care Laws in each State.

While working for the best you should expect to give the best of yourself to the clients..

Caregiver (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsThe referrals were geared towards making a good match with client and caregiver. Griswold cares about giving their customers and employees the best care possible.

ConsSome jobs may only last for a short while, and that can be sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Disappointed

Staff Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Butler, NJ

ProsClose to home, ability to work from home when necessary.

ConsExpected to use your own vehicle for transportation of home care workers, alot of wear and tear on your car. No healthcare benefits offered. Received many after hours phone calls from management when not on-call.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf office staff is expected to transport workers then a company vehicle should be provided.

Great fill in job, very flexible hours and the clients are usually friendly and appreciate you.

Bloomsburg, PA

Prosflexible hours and you can choose the jobs you want, and if for some reason you don't like it you don't have to go back. most clients are very helpful and friendly and I've never had a problem getting paid from a client.

Conscommunication between caregivers and management are sometimes poor, and getting enough hours to fill your week when you need them. another con is it is all private pay through the client so no taxes are taken out, you are on your own to file them and pay the amount that would be due.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between caregivers and management and a little more helpful at times to fill your caregivers hours they need.

Fun job, hands on, good pay.

Paid Intern/Chief Executive Officer Assistant (Current Employee)
    New Haven, CT

ProsMoney is great for younger people.
    You are given A LOT of responsibilities - and expected to perform under any circumstances ( this can be a con too)

ConsManagement is older - tire easily.

Worked for Griswold Home Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Griswold Home Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Griswold Home Care CEO Tom Monaghan. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Griswold Home Care employees.