Grizzly Industrial Inc. Reviews

Awesome Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Grizzly for many years and can say in all honesty the Company is the best I have ever worked for. You are rewarded for your hard work and loyalty. The team environment is what makes it all work. You are treated with respect and given many opportunities to grow and advance. Customer service is our main focus and we have the best in the industry. Our training programs are designed to help every employee succeed. We have many employees that have 15 plus years with Grizzly and still love what they do. If you are looking for a stable company, with good pay and benefits, advancement opportunity, and a team environment, Grizzly may be what you are looking for.

Cons

Grizzly Industrial is not for everyone, we are very structured and results driven, but that is some of what makes us the best in our industry. If you do not like punching a time clock or coming to work on time or in fact working while you are here this may not be for you.

Keep up the good work!

2. Seasonal employee - Exit interview questions

Former Employee - Seasonal Call Center in Muncy, PA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Call Center in Muncy, PA

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc.

Pros

As I sit and wait for a return phone call on where my check is since I said I would pick it up when asked and being told they were mailed. I felt good as any time to review their company. This is partial to exit interview paper as in some areas were asked to grade on scale and I chose to put remarks instead.

What aspects of grizzly will you miss the most?
    Grizzly has managed to hire the nicest and friendliest of people. This amazes me as once you are on the floor working, conditions seem to crumble.

What aspects of grizzly will you miss the least?
    That the Grizzly management team is not able to be consistent with answers, policies, and procedures. Why is Supervisor allowed to act more in charge than Manager?

Supervision received
    When we are told 1 call resolution, than told to call customer back, than told to never call customer back, so which is it? It seems to depend on supervisor, PIC or their mood or situation with them. This is a great example of the inconsistency.

Company Communications
    Communication system works well with communicating with employees.

Feedback on Performance
    This was done in a professional manner. Trainer did a great job with my feedback session. Unfortunately not only Trainer but Supervisor, PIC listening to phone calls and having no one to help with situations leaves much to be desired and great frustration. My suggestion would be that when you are going to have a person listen to calls than there should be another individual available to help with the phone call issues. This is not the case on nights or certain Saturdays.

Training Opportunities
        This wasn’t applicable to me but I would like to comment on 3 weeks of training. This could easily be done in one week classroom, one week machines and policies and procedures, and last week with on the phones, and really having a person there to help the entire time. The jumping around in the material back and forth on the pages, especially in the machine sections was found to be extremely confusing. Keep the idle talk to a minimum and stay focused on the training.

Work hours/schedule
    Would be better if days off were Friday or Mondays so all employees could have a 3 day weekend. This also may be a way of keeping employees from not calling in if they felt like they had some time to do things on their rotating weeks.

Benefits, Salary and Advancement
        This did not apply to me.

Coworkers
    All coworkers seem to work well together although if given a chance and they weren’t afraid to speak I believe they would tell you how certain individuals are picked on, how one Supervisor flips from nice and happy to totally polar extreme. I would tend to believe the workload has a lot to do with this. Supervisor has treated each of us seasonal as if we were in grade school. This was very degrading to each one of us. A few examples: Being told I was not allowed to use restroom on way to training. Hearing Supervisor tell co-worker she could not help when we could not get in touch with Supervisor. Hearing Supervisor tell co-worker she could not sit at her desk at break. This should be a telling sign of 6 in training, 2 leave within a month, two same day and the other two are beyond stressed. I would think this would be a telltale sign of things are not good and change needs to be made. I also believe Grizzly’s management team would not want with their company.

Challenging Work
    Not being able to find help with job function with Supervisor, PIC or management very challenging, Leaving every single time this has had happened was a continual thought. This especially so when you see them sitting in their office, or in particular one time at night Supervisor on headphones listening to calls instead of helping us.

Honesty
    This is a hard one as when you get different answers from every, PIC, supervisor, or management team, so just who is being honest or should I say correct. I will give the example of asking about the rules for winter weather. The policy was given different each time asked.

Trust
        I would say not many employees trust what the consequences would be if they actually spoke what they really thought or what was really happening on their shift.

Team Work
    There is team work as much as possible except for when you need help than when management is unavailable and they aren’t allowed out of their seats to help us. They apologize but don’t want to get in trouble.

Ethic and Integrity
        I believe you have a company that is trying to be very ethical and have great integrity and think that with changes in your call center that this could happen. I do believe changes need to be made for this to happen though. My suggestions would be as follows:
        Get your management team to be consistent on policies and procedures.
    Not allow one supervisor the power she has if she cannot treat adults as adults instead of children. Reducing her workload would probably help with this.
    By allowing agents the ability to help the seasonal when management is not available, remembering we are only their as seasonals not permanent employees.
    Restructure your training and work schedule to what to suggestion above.
    Perhaps have upper management somewhere up on the floor when no management is aware of this to see what really is going on, similar to Undercover Boss.
    Although you read these exit interviews, I believe there is never enough action taken on what the exiting employees write and this is why there is problem after problem and why you cannot get employees. The case where you could not get anyone except one to come back after two left, and her work ethics on attendance are much to be desired. Rumors that have been heard on your companies call center seem to be quite true. Hopefully someone will soon listen.
    Thank you for this opportunity to work for Grizzly. I hope you take some of these suggestions to create and have a better workplace.
    Although my time at Grizzly was extremely short lived and I left for another position, from what was seen, heard, and experienced is my experience.

Cons

Cons and advice to management are all in Pros.

Cons and advice to management are all in Pros

3. I like the "TEAM" environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy all of the vacation time that I have. I have been with Grizzly for 16 years.

Cons

In the past, we have had to put up with some poor management. But, as expected, that was taken care of and that Manager no longer works here.

Great job with pushing the team work and the great training that has helped me succeed with my jobs here at Grizzly! Keep up the good work management team!

Amazing Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc.

Pros

- Training. Almost every position has a training plan assigned to it. The training includes everything from basic functions of the position all the way up to in-depth leadership training. There is also a focus on cross-training with other positions so you are trained to do other positions as well.
    - Benefits. Medical and dental benefits are great and seem to be competitive with many other employers. There's also an FSA, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
    - Management. Management seems to really care about the success of their employees. They work hard to coach through issues and make sure employees have everything they need to do their job.
    - Job security. Grizzly is a growing company but focuses on lean staffing. They don't hire people for unnecessary or short-term jobs. When you are hired, you're hired for the long haul and don't have to worry about layoffs or anything of that sort.
    - Schedule. The office closes at 5 and you are expected to leave at that time. There is also no weekend work, except for one Saturday a year where everyone works for the annual tent sale. This makes it very easy for having a life outside of work. They are also very flexible about scheduling appointments during working hours or working a different shift if necessary.

Cons

Grizzly isn't for everyone. They promote that they are a structured environment and have very high standards for their employees, which is true. Anyone who has a hard time being at work consistently or on time, or who can't follow rules and policies won't succeed here. The rules are spelled out in black and white and are very reasonable, but may not work for someone who can't work in a professional environment. I, personally, have never had a problem, but I also appreciate knowing exactly what is expected and not having to deal with "gray areas."

6. Steady, dependable employment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Grizzly for about two years now and it is by far the best place that I have ever worked. The hours are consistent, the people are fantastic, and the work is engaging and challenging. My experience with Grizzly is that while they do expect you to work hard and get your tasks done, they have no problem being flexible and considerate if you need to leave early for an appointment or if there is an emergency. Grizzly seems to value hard workers, and they have no issue in rewarding and showing recognition for the employees who deserve it. I have never worked for a company who treats their employees as well as Grizzly does.

Not everyone is fit to work at Grizzly, they have a very fast-paced environment. They expect you to be on time, and be able to jump in to your work right away. But, if you are struggling with your work load or if you need assistance they are excellent at providing you with the tools and support you need to do your job.

Cons

The fast-paced environment can be a challenge, it's not a fit for everyone.

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Highly committed to providing excellent products and service to our customers. This requires an equal commitment to the employees and their progress. Very good benefit package along with other offering 401K program, Aflac etc. The company is also always looking for new areas of growth with creates opportunities and challenges.
    Rarely if ever does anyone ever work past 5PM and never on weekends which is great if you have a family.
    The training program is also excellent, allowing every employee to learn all aspects of their job confidently. Because all job functions are documented it gives employees the chance to learn new skills outside of their normal job duties.

Cons

Some find the high standards and expectations difficult, which in the end tends to weed out less committed employees.

Terrible Place to work. Avoid at all cost.

Former Employee - Warehouse in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Springfield, MO

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-The pay CAN be descent depending on the position being worked and how long you can stick it out.
    -The hours are alright, good chance you wont work past 6pm Mon-Sat.
    -If there are no workplace accidents they have company provided "Safety Luncheons".
    -Missouri showroom manager is an awesome guy!
    -If you prefer being isolated from your fellow workers...

Cons

-You are isolated from your fellow co-workers. The only idle non work related chit chat that happens takes place in managers offices. Every Departmental supervisor schedules/staggers when each of their workers go to lunch or break so you are essentially taking lunches and breaks by yourself. Floor workers dare not chit chat during work times for fear of being reprimanded.
    -Incredibly high turnover rate causes most departments to be understaffed most all the time therefore the workers in those departments are horribly overworked and ridden to meet production quota's by supervisors that are instructed by the corporate exec's to remain in their offices. Which equates to a do as I say not as I do mentality and generally creates a disconnect between the workers and management which in some cases may only work feet apart.
    -If Grizzly Ind. didn't rewrite the book on micro management they came darn close. There are "Training Modules" for everything being performed on the premises and if you have not "been through the module" you are not allowed to proceed. Your first day and sometimes week of employment is spent sitting in a supervisors office being read to training modules on how the company is going to expect you to perform as well as behave while on the job. The longer that you are employed there the more modules you are required to take (it never stops).
    -The company is highly paranoid of its workers and has a multitude of cameras in place recording each department/station and in some cases particular worker 24/7. These cameras are viewed and can be played back by local managers as well as the corporate headquarter managers on a daily basis if not hourly. They don't walk around to see how things are going, they watch you on their computer or dedicated monitor. I have seen workers walked out the door due to something a manager reportedly witnessed on camera.
    -There is no shortage of management. There are a large number of "managers" and assistant managers in the WA corporate office who's job it is to "manage" department leads/supervisors in all three store locations. So there are corporate managers, asst. managers, general managers, departmental managers, supervisors, departmental supervisors, departmental leads, then the production workers. ANY and ALL requests MUST be sent up the chain for approval.
    -The time off policies are terrible and are written to benefit the employer not the employee. Such as, "when using vacation time you are required to take a minimum of two days off at a time". So if you only have 40 hours of vacation time chances are you will use up your yearly acquired amount of time off fairly quick. If you call in sick you have one of a couple choices, 1) make up the time by working extra hours with in that pay period 2) apply sick time(available after 3 years of employment) 3) apply vacation time.This translates into a lot of people coming into work sick (including myself), some horribly and passing it around to avoid loosing vacation time. I have seen HR take vacation days from people to make up for sick days and even time off for funerals. If you need to leave early for whatever (Dr. visit, child's function, emergency) it will count against your allowed time off OR you will need to work over to cover the time lost. The only exception is inclimate weather.
    -The company prides themselves on only hiring the best for their "team" but once you are hired your past work history and experiences are null and void and you are treated as if you just graduated high school and have no work or life experience. You are treated like a pee-on with no respect or dignity and if you respond by treating your immediate supervisor with the same level of general discourse you are quickly reprimanded (again, do as I say not as I do) or walked out the door to be made an example of. The general consensus among the workers is, surrender your soul, fall in line, and drink the "kool aid" . The ones who cannot abide by those rules leave in search of work elsewhere. They also run people off that they do not want around. It doesn't always matter what you bring to the table or how well you do your job, if they don't like you they have ways of making your life there miserable such as having you drug tested, being reprimanded by HR for taking a bathroom break not during your assigned break time( two scheduled 10 minute brakes a day), direct managers will flip a switch and start giving you the cold(er) shoulder, you will be assigned more work than your co-workers, you will be reprimanded for not following every minute detail set in protocol in hopes that you will get fed up and quit.
    -They refuse to spend money where it is needed. They use a computer system that is horribly out dated (AS/400 green screen). Most everyone's computers are behind the times and are terribly slow. (Important when dealing with customers).
    -If you are unhappy in your current position or want to try something different your requests for transfer fall on deaf ears. The way you get moved is if management wants to do so. And if they want to move you you have absolutely no say in the matter, they wont ask how you feel about it and you will not be involved in the planning. As a worker your input is not valued. "This is what we are doing and this is when we are doing it". Like it or leave it.

I can continue to go on with additional Con's but as you can see the Cons far out weigh the Pro's (which is why I left). Do yourself a favor and find work elsewhere. You will not be taught anything of value that you can take with you to future employment.

Get on your feet, turn the cameras off, and get hands on with the workers, ask them questions and take their responses to heart after all they are the ones with their thumb on the pulse of whats going on. I think you will find once you start treating people with respect and dignity they will feel valued, production will go up with with less supervision, moral will increase and the need for constant video surveillance will decrease. The success of your company is directly affected by how you treat your employee's.

Warehouse Picker/Packer

Former Employee - Packer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Packer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc.

Pros

Generally, this is a fairly good job. Give it a try!

- The picking/packing job is very simple.
    - Some employees actually care about what the warehouse is trying to accomplish.
    - Benefits are good (after 6 months).
    - The hours of operations are great.
    - You get paid and you get to exercise at the same time.
    - The fast paced environment makes the days go by very fast.
    - People in HR were very helpful and friendly whenever i had problems or questions.

Cons

- The job can become very repetitive.
    - Warehouse management/leadership is focused on personal accomplishments (instead of focusing on accomplishing the goals of the warehouse).
    - Warehouse management/leadership is focused on short term goals without thinking about the long term negative effects.
    - The warehouse lacks good warehouse management/leadership.
    - Some office employees seem to look down on warehouse employees.
    - Management says they want employees to work as a unified "team", but their actions say otherwise.
    - Warehouse management/leadership is more focused on meeting training goals instead of making sure employees are fully capable of accomplishing the job.
    - There are employees who don't care about the warehouse. All they want to do is increase their productivity numbers even if they hurt or work against the goals of the warehouse.

- Focus on what needs to be accomplished in the long run instead of trying to achieve short term results.
    -The warehouse needs a solid leader with a vision (You can teach a monkey to manage, but only a leader can help the team achieve exceptional results).
    - If you want employees to work as a team make sure your actions and incentives are aligned with that goal.
    - All office employees need to appreciate the warehouse employees. Warehouse employees are the people that touch the product before it reaches the customer.
    - Focus on making sure your employees are well trained instead of just trying to meet your training goals. It is easy to see that meeting training goals will make management/leadership look good in the short run.... but you must see that the long term effects will make you look bad in the long run.
    - Stop trying to manage you employees.... manage your time, budgets, etc..... You need to lead your employees.

Grizzly Industrial: Great Products, Bad employment?

Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Muncy, PA
    Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Muncy, PA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc.

Pros

The owner Shiraz Balolia, The benifits after you are there for at least 3 years

Cons

The inability of middle management (local management) to effectivly communicate and practice a unified set of goals, values and vision. The consistent gossip and political postering between each of them along with stabbing each other in the back every chance they get along with each of them discussing private conversations with everyday employees fuels the discontent. The HR dept is a real joke as there is no consistency in thier actions, it is viewed by most employees and some management as someone who cannot be bothered and rarely when asked questions do you get the answers you need. This has become a really toxic culture with employee turnover very high espically in past 5-6 years, and employee recruitment being downgraded to simple yard signs all over the town as they have ruined all other avenues for recruitment.

Stop putting your faith into your current management team and really learn what is going on at this location. the company preaches honesty, integruity, and value based business practices, but that is not being practiced by your local team.

Grizzly Industrial Inc. Photos