Grom Associates Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.8
Robert Grom

GROM has always treated me good on all the contracts that I've worked for through GROM. Great Company to work for.

I worked at Grom Associates

Pros

Great clients US based company Care about their consultants Good rates

Cons

Antiquated Systems (no direct deposit)

2. They don

I worked at Grom Associates

Pros

Can't think of any right now

Cons

If you don't ask for your pay check you may not receive it.

Advice to Management

Pay your contractors

3. Slooow pay. 2 and half months is too long to get a paycheck.

Former Employee - Validation in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Validation in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Grom Associates

Pros

They seem nice and engaging

Cons

I worked with a group of GROM consultants on a project. At 2.5 months, I got paid faster than the others because I made them give me a tracking number on the check. They used all the tricks: They bill the client after the first two weeks. They give the client 30 days to pay. They pay 30 days after that. They pay by check only. They put it in the mailbox on Friday afternoon After the mailman comes by. The check is from an out-of-town bank to slow things down. They did this to everyone. Some consultants worked on their 3 whole months before money was in the account. This is NOT standard

Advice to Management

Consulting is a small world and GROM does come in conversation among seasoned consultants like myself. You guys do have a bad reputation for paying your consultants in a timely manner. This strategy seems to be acceptable to you, but good luck getting experience help in the future.

5. Insignificantly Treated

Former Employee - Project Manager in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Glenview, IL

I worked at Grom Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Eager Firm if they are already engaged in the assignment

Cons

Wont travel out of NJ to visit the client. Wont support their employees or hourly resources. Only acknowledges workers if they are billing. Wont help with extending the resource - you need to do that at your expense or risk getting fired.

Advice to Management

Stay in NJ! Anything outside of your home town will be over your head for you to support!

Not the same Grom that I worked with before.

Former Contractor - SAP Senior Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Former Contractor - SAP Senior Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Grom Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of energy and attractive advertising.

Cons

Lots of energy..no follow through. Do not believe the hype, it is what is under the cover that counts. If you send them a resume you have to do it again because there does not seem to be a central repository. Late payment. If they say net 30 add more time than that. The attitude seems to be they don't care if you have bills to pay or need to get the credit card paid as long as they do their thing. This is not the same Grom which cared about all it's people. As everything times have changed.

Advice to Management

Contractors should not have to wait for client to pay before getting paid, even on a net 30. When it was mentioned I was told, "It is better than most companies do." I have only once had a more than net 30 on being paid and that was because of a clerical error on the company's side. Communication should be open and honest, not ignored or smug attitude. This is not the Grom I worked with before years ago and now I know why people warned me. Now I won't again. Anything that has Grom on it I will not work and I will warn others about it also.

7. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY- THEY MAY NOT PAY YOU The old scam, "your check is in the mail."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Grom Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People all seem friendly and gave rates that seemed great. Just remember the key word..SEEMED great.

Cons

THEY DO NOT PAY. If you are unfortunate to get a contract with them the may not pay you. When you raise a fuss about it they dodge calls and e-mails. If you say you are going to sue they say they will raise it to a superior. They constantly blame that they did not get paid from the client. This is just wrong as a contractor one's contract is with them so it is THEIR responsibility to pay, not for them to put you off with the excuse that the client has not paid yet. Especially when they say that the client is a favored client, yet they say they are not getting any response back from the client on when invoices will be paid. They expect you to drop your life for them, but they do not do a thing for you.

Advice to Management

Pay your contractors. It is not the contractor's fault that you do not get your money. A contractor is a single person that has bills. Wonder what you would do if you did not get paid for over a month, how would you pay your bills? IF a contractor is having an issue then Senior management should be involved from the beginning, not after 45 days. It all

Great potential, needs a management overhaul.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Grom Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money if you are a cold calling machine. There are some really bright people who are very good at what they do and junior sales people can learn a lot here.

Cons

The internal politics, constantly shifting priorities, micro management, and egos are very hard to deal with. Lack of standardization in compensation makes this a "you get what you negotiate" company, which can be a positive, but get it in writing because it will change. The benefit plans are horrible. The way the consultants are paid creates a constant management issue and will severely hamper client relationships.

Advice to Management

Retire.

9. 4 months to get paid!

I worked at Grom Associates

Pros

Ok if you're independently wealthy.

Cons

4 months to get paid! Everyone was having the same problem. They say they wait for the client to pay.

RSS Feed </> Embed