Group Health Reviews

Reset
2.7
Group Health CEO Scott Armstrong
Scott Armstrong

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - rarely more than 40hrs/week (in 14 reviews)

• Group health offers great benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • This was widely known and nothing was done about it by upper management (in 8 reviews)

• Executive Leadership has been doing a terrible job of containing costs the past 3-5 years (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place to Grow Your Career in Learning and Development

Current Employee - Human Resources Learning & Development in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Learning & Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great co-op business model focused on preventative medicine and providing high-quality care at an affordable price. - Many smart and committed people work here. - Initiative and innovation are greatly rewarded. - Great place to grow a career in learning/development with opportunities to partner across the business, work on blended solutions, and use new technology.

Cons

- Increasing competition in the health care market create pressures on the organization, which possess both challenge and opportunity to innovate. - The co-op started back in 1947, which makes it an older company with traditions and established ways of doing things. On one hand this provides stability on the other hand there can be a slowness to make change.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on cost management, the customer experience, and innovation.

Poor Growth Opportunities!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My manager was very supportive of my development--until she started being held accountable for her budget.

Cons

I tried everything to move up and could not make it happen. With this company you are pigeon-holed into a category, such as administrative assistant, and can't change that. So if you do decide to work for Group Health make sure you're in your ideal field already and just want to move up by going into management.

Advice to Management

You need to hold front-line managers more accountable for implementing corporate strategies.

Jul 30, 2015 – Human Resources Team

We appreciate your feedback. We value the information our employees share with us. As you can see from other reviews submitted, growth opportunities and career development is an area where many of ... More

ER Tech

Former Employee - ER Tech in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - ER Tech in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Group Health

Pros

Pretty good hourly with differentials compared to other companies in the Seattle area

Cons

No room for negotiation. More limited scope of practice compared to other ERs. The title ER tech is misleading because it is an urgent care so you don't get to do as much.

Jul 15, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. It's important to us to listen and learn from the information you're taking the time to provide. We will be sure to share your comments around the title of ... More

Good Place to Work

I have been working at Group Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, genuinely caring people work here, long community history. Multiple locations and departments around the state give many options for growth and trying new jobs.

Cons

Constant reorganization, follow-through on projects is not consistent. There has been a history of investing in new tools that is scrapped after significant investment has already been made. I am not confident that leadership has a good plan for the future except to keep doing what they've been doing.

Advice to Management

You have lofty goals and no real way to achieve them. You need to find a good, safe way for staff to give Honest feedback without feeling nervous. Then, listen to that feedback and use it to form a new plan.

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. It's valuable and we appreciate the information you're providing. You are correct. The talented team members we have across the organization ... More

Manager

I have been working at Group Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for here for 17 years and have had the opportunity to develop and grow into progressively higher positions as a result of the breadth and depth of health care management opportunities at Group Health

Cons

Health care is ever changing, so one has to be flexible and adaptable to constant change. If you are, then you will thrive here.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and transform health care

Jul 6, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We truly appreciate it. It's wonderful to hear from team members and leaders, such as yourself, who have been with us for many years and still continue to ... More

Analyst

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ability to telecommute

Cons

To save money, people are being laid off left and right. No consideration for real hard workers. Many of those left do mediocre work. Why is senior management not accountable for losses and mistakes? They don't see nor listen to what's really happening down below. A lot of people work hard, but this seems useless at times. Morale is very low.

Advice to Management

It's about time to change senior management, from the top going down!

RN

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

friendly staff, focus on quality and customer service

Cons

in middle of much change -needs to be more stabilized to feel comfortable

Advice to Management

focus on staff engagement when implementing change

Jul 20, 2015 – Human Resources Team

It is true that we continue to go through much change right now as an organization and as an industry. We are not alone. Due to the current volatility of the health care industry, most health care ... More

Board and All Management

Current Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are some good people at Group Health. Management has made it the most uncomfortable places I've ever worked. I don't see how they expect people to enjoy their work!

Cons

Management is horrible, I've come to the conclusion that they really don't have a clue how to be manage people!

Advice to Management

leave..

Jul 23, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. It's important to us to listen and learn from your comments. We care about and continually strive towards providing a positive, professional and ... More

Constant change in leadership

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, above other companies in the area

Cons

Constant change in leadership, direction and goals. Very low staffing making it hard to get the key work done.

Advice to Management

You are shortest in the positions that pay the least, PARs, MAs, etc. If you have enough of those, you need less RNs and providers which are more expensive. You have to have a minimum number of staff, and you don't have it for the outcomes you are looking for.

Disconnection

Former Employee - Patient Financial Services in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Financial Services in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible schedule depending on department.

Cons

There's lack of respect and a disconnect between upper management and the employees. If bad decisions are made that costs the company thousands and thousands of dollars the cuts are made by reducing benefits, freezing wages, ect.

Advice to Management

The more employees are valued will reflect in attitude and performance.

RSS Feed </> Embed