Group Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Group Health CEO Scott Armstrong

Scott Armstrong

Great company, if you can get on full time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, VERY competitive pay.

ConsLayoffs... Upper management are the golden children and dictate everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoff upper management who are overpaid instead of the worker bees who keep your patients coming back.

Ongoing learning experience

Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsOpportunities for growth, encouragement to go back to school and receive assistance. Worked with some knowledgeable people and great managers.

ConsLost my position thru cut backs. Due to seniority, have a job still. Trying to gain accounting experience which is very few with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo problems with Management

Excellent organization that supports staff development

Analyst (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMission is to help people live healthier lives
    Supports employee development
    Excellent benefits
    Competitive salaries

ConsToo much turnover in the senior leadership ranks over the past few years
    Not enough women in the senior leadership ranks

Advice to Senior ManagementMore diversity in the leadership roles

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic place to work!

ProsEmployee and family benefits are outstanding.

ConsSalaries hard to match in other companies

Positive

Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCompetitive wages. Nice place to work. Matching retirement contributions. Useful performance reviews. Business casual dress policy. Fun team and department activities.

ConsWomen who work for men are underpaid.

///....

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosgood starting pay for fresh grads. Great benefits.higher wages compare to others

Consone computer system,co workers can see your health profiles.

Advice to Senior Managementpass

Very good until now

Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGroup Health stands for and reaches for the right things in health care.

There are many, many people who work there are very committed to the Group Health model--integrated health care--and that can make for a very satisfying place to work.

ConsIn the current environment, with lots of downsizing and restructuring, all of it necessary, some leaders have taken advantage of this for personal gain, making some awful personnel decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter monitoring of leaders/manager who are operating in a vacuum; that is, when there is a vacant position above that manager/leader.

Lets make sure everyone walks the talk, particularly when it comes to our leadership model.

Decent company who needs to pick a direction and stick with it.

Analyst (Current Employee) Tukwila, WA

ProsSalaried workers seem to have a wage above market for the area (though hourly seems to be lower than market value for the area). Strong benefits package and a pretty decent work/life balance.

ConsLayoffs are a constant topic of discussion. Either talking about previous layoffs, restructuring from layoffs, or the potential for future layoffs.
    Inconsistent level of facilities. The difference between the Tukwila "Administrative" campus and the HQ in South Lake Union is remarkable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus some time and effort on bringing all campuses up to the high level of quality you have set with the HQ building.

Brilliant and talented people but their lean model often set unrealistic expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits; efficient; knowledgeable management. Changes were well thought out and delivered in an organized fashion. Good communication across the organization. High expectations.

ConsFear based management. Older staff bullied new staff. Raises were quite poor. Management unrealistic in expectaions of volume and quality. When volume expectations are too high it is difficult to maintain the 100% expectation of quality and vice versa. I didn't feel they cared about the quality of health care provided to our members. Due to the focus on volume (metrics) staff just wanted to rush to get the job done in order to meet the metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote an environment where old staff are held accountable for being unkind.Too much time is taken by tracking our work which takes away time from being able to perform our job functions. Simplify that process. People are not computers or robots.

Great people, rough re-org

Advertising (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people who work here are intelligent, kind and innovative

Consthe re-organization going on while I was there meant really good people left or were asked to leave. I hope the new hired staff is as amazing as the staff that got pushed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better review process and appreciate people who have years of experience there. Don't just look to hire for a lower salary.

Worked for Group Health? Contribute to the Community!