Group Management Services

Updated December 31, 2014
4.5

Group Management Services CEO Mike Kahoe
Mike Kahoe

Our Company & GMS make an AWESOME team!

Current Employee - Office Manager in Galion, OH
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Galion, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

We have been with GMS for close to ten years. It is like having another employee who keeps up to date with the ever changing tax laws. We have a great employee handbook, payroll reports filed on time, and if we have a problem our Account Manager is right there to help, all thanks to Group Management Services!

Cons

We have not had a time when I thought of leaving! There are no "Cons" Pretty straight forward !

If you want to be assured your payroll is completed correctly, your reports filed on time, and you are notified of changes you need GMS for your company. If you need an employee handbook, drug awareness training or safety training you will be very happy with the results you will get with Group Management Services!

Average sales job. Good for new in sales or need consistent sales job.

I worked at Group Management Services

Pros

Job description is accurate. Do what management says and you'll sell. Lots of benefits. Sales manager easy to wok with.

Cons

Heavy cold calling, which is the only way they gain new clients.

I have been with GMS for less than a year, and very happy to have the opportunity to be part of such a great company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First, I have a great boss and work with wonderful people. My professional development is very much encouraged. The flexibility given here allows for a great work-life balance.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this time.

Continue to encourage professional development.

Couldn't be a better place to work.

Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In other jobs I wasn't motivated to get up everyday and go to work. Yes compensation previously was nice but there was no substance. GMS provides a positive environment conducive to wanting to go to work to succeed and enjoy the company of great coworkers. Plus the money is fantastic.

Cons

Absolutely none. Shoot, you get a company car. How could that be bad?

Continue to focus on the development of educating employees.

Never work for this company worst sales job eve

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay ok people interesting sales culture. Benefit are good. Company car is nice.

Cons

Upper management is poor at best. Smoking policy is only for staff and upper management. Sales manual is poorly done need to hire a sales trainer. Tried of hearing vp of sales talking about how hoe did cold calls.

Group Management Services Response

May 22, 2014VP Sales

Thank you for the review. I am truly sorry this employee isn’t enjoying their time at GMS. I would agree that our Sales Manual needed some updating. We will be releasing the updated version during ... More

Professionally challenged in an upbeat and collaborative environment

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We work hard to bring quality customer service to our clients yet we are also fortunate to have a flex schedule and the opportunity to work from home. After starting with GMS my work/life balance changed tremendously, for the good! We work hard and play hard. We enjoy being around our team members on a professional and personal level! We challenge each other, and constantly look for new ideas and best practices to bring better results to both our clients and our internal practices. Over the past year our company has grown tremendously and our staff is excited about the direction we are headed.

Cons

Occasionally I have to work past 5:00pm.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

GMS has fantastic people, a great company environment, and the best services to offer in the industry. It is an energetic company with a lot of room for growth. GMS is getting ready to explode!

Cons

Not enough people know about GMS. More people shoud know who we are, what we do, and why we do it.

Although it has improved, there is sometimes lack of communication between departments that holds GMS back from peforming at an even higher level.

A roller coaster of extreme satisfaction to annoying frustration

Current Employee - Sales in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open, friendly corporate culture
    Co-workers
    Very good benefits package
    Employee Perks (company car, sales contests, etc.)
    Opportunity to meet and work with a wide array of people across many different fields
    Compensation
    Loyalty
    Willingness to try new things, acceptance when something's not working.
    Adaptability

Cons

Some things that are out of my control, yet can impact my income.
    Personally speaking, some of the leadership is difficult for me to follow
    Some poor hires in the past have made prospecting and selling more challenging than it needs to be.

A cookie-cutter approach to managing different employees doesn't work. Knowing people well enough to understand their motivation goes far. That said, manage in your own way and don't try to be who you are not. Lead by example.

Great company with an owner that cares about the people that work for him.

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company that provides great services to our customers. Company offers great compensation, room for growth and work life balance. Company cars are an example of a benifit that was added to attract and retain quality employees.

Cons

There are no cons to working here

All in all, this is a great company with great leadership that really cares about the employees. Mike has a great vision for the company. GMS will be a growing company for years and years

Appreciates employees and encourages growth

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management truly wants GMS to be a great place to work, and it is. They offer amazing benefits, flexible scheduling and encourage a work-life balance. My job is satisfying on both a personal and professional level.

Cons

Each department has to work together in order to properly service the client, which presents challenges as the company grows so rapidly. Despite this, I find that my coworkers are client focused and always willing to help. With this kind of camaraderie I have no doubt that the company will continue to be successful.

Group Management Services Photos