Group O

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.4

Gregg Ontiveros

Family-oriented work environment that values its employees and continually expands the diversity of their services.

Current Employee - Marketing Professional in Milan, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Professional in Milan, IL

I have been working at Group O full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great chance to make a difference and be recognized for it. Fantastic teamwork and collaboration from all levels. Flat organization that values and considers each employee's ideas. Opportunities for personal and professional growth through training and development. Senior leadership open to feedback and considers a positive work environment paramount to keeping employees productive and happy. COmpany that gives back to the community and helps individual empoloyees that are trying to get back on their feet. The care I've seen given to employees is greater than any company I've worked for in 25 years.

Cons

Long commute to find such a great company to work for. It's a shame that more companies aren't like Group O

Keep offering opportunities for growth and develiopment and ensure that the contributors are recognized both in title and pay. Lots of folks doing great work!

Very poor management - An insult to Samsung distribution

I have been working at Group O full-time

Pros

they will promise the world to get you hired

Cons

Poor salary with extreme expectations for hours worked

Find a replacement for the director of operations

Sell themselves as supply chain experts, see very little evidence from the trenches.

Current Employee - Temp Service Janitor
    Current Employee - Temp Service Janitor

I have been working at Group O full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some really great coworkers (most of whom have been driven out by internal politics).

Cons

I work temp employment as a janitor at a Group O warehouse, and keep track of the necessary supplies. Supply orders go up the corporate chain to be authorized and passed on to the suppliers. we have recently been directed to switch to an out-of-state supplier, and orders have become very unreliable, to the point where we are only now receiving orders to the attention of an employee who left four months ago. In addition there has been a recurring pattern over the past year or two, of orders simply not being forwarded to the suppliers for months.

I find it very curious that a company which presents itself as a supply chain expert should have so much trouble providing basic supplies to its own locations.

All the way up the corporate ladder, you really need to start communicating with each other . Not dictating, but really communicating, with listening and feedback and actual discussion. From where I stand, I see remarkably little of that happening.

Great Internship Experience

Current Employee - Intern in Milan, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Milan, IL

I have been working at Group O as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Provides guidance with flexible hours

Cons

Group O is always growing, no cons

"Love my job!"

I have been working at Group O full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, job advancement, friendly and family oriented environment. Greatly invested in giving back to the community! Holidays celebrated regularly throughout the year.

Cons

There are no cons that I could come up with regarding Group O. There are things easily improved upon once suggestions are made.

Interviewing potential employees more thoroughly.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan, IL

I have been working at Group O full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Group O is very flexible, understands work/life balance. Lots of new opportunites/ room for advancement. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. They are involved in a lot of community outreach and invite their employees to participate as well.

Cons

Group O is always growing and reaching out for new business and once they get it everything is needed at once and long/demanding hours follow until things stabilize.

Don't undervalue your internal candidates when it comes to increases due to promotions.

Unfair. Unrealistic.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan, IL

I worked at Group O full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for the Quad City area. Good perks, such as buying lunches. But the perks were to make up for not allowing time to take a lunch break. Eat free food but keep working while you eat.

Cons

No matter how hard you work, you won't move ahead unless you are the in crowd, or cute and perky. Absolutely no life/work balance. Expected to work until done, even if that means through the night and the next day. Some employees are allowed to demean and treat co-workers unprofessionally as long as they still make the client happy. But the word of the day is always TEAM. But the action of the day is always throw someone else under the bus to save your butt. Unmeritted promotions. And those that do merit the promotion are overlooked.

Value the correct employees.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan, IL

I have been working at Group O full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are always smiling at Group O, wonderful place to work.
    Great sense of family and supportive work environment .
    Great place to start your career.

Cons

Sometimes to meet client deadlines I had to work long hours 14-18 hour days.

work work work

I worked at Group O full-time

Pros

Pretty good pay. Company was pretty good about bringing in food and had other little perks to try and make up for all of the hours that you put in while missing time with your family.

Cons

No work/family life balance. It was pretty much all work. Definitely not a team atmosphere, even though everyone was suppose to be working as a team towards the same goal.

Notice and recognize those that deserve to be noticed and recognized.

alright company, not concerned with employee needs

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milan, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milan, IL

I worked at Group O full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they attempt to provide incentives through lunches and prizes. the people who work there tend to be friendly and welcoming.

Cons

hourly wage is pretty low and most days they let us go before our end time. not allowed to have magazines or any kind of mental stimulation between calls. after people began talking to each other. they changed the seating to separate friends.

sitting at a desk for 8 hours, having half hour periods with no mental stimulation, and being expected to answer the phone in a positive upbeat manner is unrealistic. allowing puzzles/crosswords/magazines will not take away from productivity.