Group O

www.groupo.com

Group O Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Gregg Ontiveros

Family-oriented work environment that values its employees and continually expands the diversity of their services.

Marketing Professional (Current Employee) Milan, IL

ProsGreat chance to make a difference and be recognized for it. Fantastic teamwork and collaboration from all levels. Flat organization that values and considers each employee's ideas. Opportunities for personal and professional growth through training and development. Senior leadership open to feedback and considers a positive work environment paramount to keeping employees productive and happy. COmpany that gives back to the community and helps individual empoloyees that are trying to get back on their feet. The care I've seen given to employees is greater than any company I've worked for in 25 years.

ConsLong commute to find such a great company to work for. It's a shame that more companies aren't like Group O

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering opportunities for growth and develiopment and ensure that the contributors are recognized both in title and pay. Lots of folks doing great work!

Great Internship Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Milan, IL

ProsProvides guidance with flexible hours

ConsGroup O is always growing, no cons

"Love my job!"

ProsFlexibility, job advancement, friendly and family oriented environment. Greatly invested in giving back to the community! Holidays celebrated regularly throughout the year.

ConsThere are no cons that I could come up with regarding Group O. There are things easily improved upon once suggestions are made.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterviewing potential employees more thoroughly.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milan, IL

ProsGroup O is very flexible, understands work/life balance. Lots of new opportunites/ room for advancement. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. They are involved in a lot of community outreach and invite their employees to participate as well.

ConsGroup O is always growing and reaching out for new business and once they get it everything is needed at once and long/demanding hours follow until things stabilize.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't undervalue your internal candidates when it comes to increases due to promotions.

Unfair. Unrealistic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milan, IL

ProsGood pay for the Quad City area. Good perks, such as buying lunches. But the perks were to make up for not allowing time to take a lunch break. Eat free food but keep working while you eat.

ConsNo matter how hard you work, you won't move ahead unless you are the in crowd, or cute and perky. Absolutely no life/work balance. Expected to work until done, even if that means through the night and the next day. Some employees are allowed to demean and treat co-workers unprofessionally as long as they still make the client happy. But the word of the day is always TEAM. But the action of the day is always throw someone else under the bus to save your butt. Unmeritted promotions. And those that do merit the promotion are overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the correct employees.

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milan, IL

ProsEmployees are always smiling at Group O, wonderful place to work.
    Great sense of family and supportive work environment .
    Great place to start your career.

ConsSometimes to meet client deadlines I had to work long hours 14-18 hour days.

work work work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milan, IL

ProsPretty good pay. Company was pretty good about bringing in food and had other little perks to try and make up for all of the hours that you put in while missing time with your family.

ConsNo work/family life balance. It was pretty much all work. Definitely not a team atmosphere, even though everyone was suppose to be working as a team towards the same goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice and recognize those that deserve to be noticed and recognized.

alright company, not concerned with employee needs

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Milan, IL

Prosthey attempt to provide incentives through lunches and prizes. the people who work there tend to be friendly and welcoming.

Conshourly wage is pretty low and most days they let us go before our end time. not allowed to have magazines or any kind of mental stimulation between calls. after people began talking to each other. they changed the seating to separate friends.

Advice to Senior Managementsitting at a desk for 8 hours, having half hour periods with no mental stimulation, and being expected to answer the phone in a positive upbeat manner is unrealistic. allowing puzzles/crosswords/magazines will not take away from productivity.

Good first internship experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milan, IL

ProsGreat atmosphere and people. You really get to know the people you work with. They also provide you with a lot of opportunities to get to know people from around the company, people in the community, and business partners.

ConsDefinitely would like to be paid more and do more meaningful work. Don't know personally but not sure how easy it is to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone seemed very happy with their job and the company, which is how I felt too.

Its been a stressful, yet great experience!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Milan, IL

ProsThe pay rate is very compatible with other jobs out there. The job itself, although it can be stressful at times, really is a good job to have and most of all I believe that the other employees (supervisors and all) make it more like a family environment rather than just some place you go to for 8 hours a day and get paid for it! You can have alot of fun while still getting your job done!

ConsSometimes I feel as though there are defenitely some people who have been treated unfairly due to whatever reason and then others, who don't even do their job to the best of their ability seem to move ahead in the company and its just seems as though its because they know "certain" people on a personal level! Also, I feel that sometimes they can be a little unfair and harsh when it comes to the employees getting sick and having to take a day or two off! I understand that all employees should try to make it on a daily basis but sometimes, you just can't help it when you're sick! And who really wants to be around someone sick for 8 hours just because their boss seems to think they should be? Just my opinion though!

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that as long as the employees who call in sick don't do it on a constance basis (or can at least show proof that they're sick) then they should not feel as though they are being persecuted for it! If someone is at work, throwing up in their garbage can, don't try to make them feel bad for feeling as though they should go home! I just don't believe its good business.

Worked for Group O? Contribute to the Community!