Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Gores Group brings value

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

We are the only ones in our industry that is actually hiring. The pay is good. The company continually provides us with the resources we need to continue growing our knowledge. We are no longer a German company!!!! But, best of all, our product is the best on the market. Side by side, our OpenScape Unified Communications solution tears the competition apart! We all work from home which saves us on dry cleaning, gas, windshield time, etc. The travel is not extreme, and upper management appears to have the right vision to make it a success! I can't complain. It's a good place to work.

Cons

The new management doesn't "yet" get what it takes to be successful. Selling Communications Solutions is not like selling routers. We have several hiring recs open, which means the employees are currently carrying the workload for more than one. It will take a while to bring the 'new hires' up to speed.

Get rid of the middle-management.

Big Company, Old Ideas

Current Employee - Sale Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sale Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

Excellent prodcuts, motto of "never let a customer fail"

Cons

poor promotion practices, big company, big beaucracy

When going through a reduction in force, do not simply get rid of job codes and, therefore, associated people. Reassign and get rid of the weak. When you get rid of strong team members, they then go out and battle against you more fiercely.

Charting a course for the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, MS

I have been working at Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

There is significant growth potential, providing you can navigate your way through the intricacies of such a large, complex company.

Cons

Overall direction & leadership hampered by trying to merge the different methods of healthcare delivery that exists between the EU and US. Product development gets bogged down trying to create feature function that can only work in a limited market area; valuable time & resources are wasted before someone ultimately states the obvious and then focus & direction are again shifted.

Trying to be THE global leader in healthcare IT is worthy goal but one that cannot be attained until you accept the fact that healthcare is always local.

Great place to work at

Current Employee - Tech I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Tech I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

Looks great on a resume
    Great team

Cons

We don't get enough raises

Talk more about what you are expecting from us.

Satisfying working conditions but lack of perspective

Current Employee - Consultant in Innere Stadt (Austria)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Innere Stadt (Austria)

I have been working at Group Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

The relationship to colleagues is very good. If you want, you can learn a lot within the company both in trainings and on the job. It is easy to take responsibility. It is typical to have a team event at least once a year. We have flexi-time and overtime is paid.

Cons

While it is easy to take responsibility, it is difficult to always the necessary rights and you hardly get paid for it accordingly. I also miss a clear strategy from top management about the future of the IT Solutions sector. It is hard to know whether you are valuable to the company. Currently many good people leave the company for a lack of direction and options.

Provide more direction, remove some middle-management, don't hold too tight to your own position, hire young and motivated people again