Grover Gaming Reviews

4.0
CEO

1. A company that cares.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least once a week I've heard conversations regarding ways to give back to employees. Whether it be bonuses, increased healthcare contributions or additional company-provided meals. The owner of the company genuinely cares about each employee and product. This attitude is reflected by the executive staff all the way down to the average employee. Everyone is invested in the products that we create... all the way through the product lifecycle.

Cons

There are many projects waiting to be started on, but manpower is the issue. The company is growing, but not nearly fast enough. There are so many markets to be penetrated which has created a challenging balance between planning and execution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...it's working.

Company definitely "needs some love"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I worked at Grover Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly company lunches. They're really good too! Health package is pretty good compared to others. Great friends outside of the work. Definitely people you'd enjoy a conversation with. Frequent Parties GB is probably one of the most down to earth high class boss I've ever had, and I doubt he's aware of the issues the rest of management is causing...

Cons

Most of the 4+ star reviews on here are management. HINT: DID YOU NOTICE ALL THE REVIEWS ARE IN THE SAME MONTH!? If you're working here as management, you scored a nice job. Otherwise...run. Underpays developers (programmers, artists, audio) and warehouse unless they're close to management They keep saying "we're constantly growing" but they fire people left and right without warning to them Horrible communication between higher ups and everyone else Like going home after an 8 hour shift? Good luck! Yoyo development. Sometimes they'll have 2 games in development, and 10 a week later. Raise? HA! Small rare bonuses, yes. Raise, not likely. Like I said, they're good people outside of the work. AT work, respect is rare unless you're an "original". Reason they pick entry level people is because they're easier to screw over. Just about everyone who got fired since I worked there had NO warning. No chance to talk, or anything. One person didn't even get 90 days to prove himself. A lot of the people working there are looking for jobs elsewhere to escape. Testing is a joke. 1-3 people pressing a button. Test night for the company = red solo cups for all

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start. They're all good people with good heart. I just don't think it's known what's truly going on under the roof. Talk to some of your guys one on one and tell them their feedback wouldn't affect their jobs. Talk to former employers who you know will be honest with you because, well, they don't work there anymore. Do something to ask "how can we make this a better place" to the point where you get 500 resumes per day like IGT. Stop trying to "grow" when some of your own guys aren't happy. I think this company can EXPONENTIALLY grow much more than it has if there were some changes. I hope you're reading this GB. You're an awesome dude with awesome ideas, I hope you at least find this a little constructive.

3. It is an overall good place to work with good people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing. There are opportunities here that are not available in larger companies. We are currently adding on almost doubling the size of the facility. Good benefits like health insurance, dental, time off, 401K, etc. There is a good culture were you can talk to others and share ideas.

Cons

The company is growing and most of the employees are young and learning. This causes some disorganization and jumping around on projects. Communication from top down May not be very well and this causes work to have to be redone or added to.

Advice to Management

Hire more people!!!

5. Finally a place I look forward to walking in everyday

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've learned more in my short time here than all the years of school and crappy jobs put together. They're willing to allow just about anybody to rise to the occasion. You can't beat the perks, and the culture is pretty much unbeatable. If you work hard you'll be taken care of well. Free lunch Thursdays Relaxed schedule Frequent parties Opportunities for learning and advancement

Cons

Haven't really found any yet, then again I enjoy a challenge so if you do to you'd probably fit in well.

6. Pretty much a mix of southern hospitality and silicon valley

Current Employee - Chief Pard in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Chief Pard in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time

Pros

Leadership doesn't mind taking time to show you growth opportunities. Even within the couple years I've been here the company has exponentially grown, there was some growing pains but that seems like a good problem to have.

Cons

Everyone is pretty passionate about what they do here so sometimes we work long hours but whenever that happens it's usually free food and other perks.

Advice to Management

Keep it coming with all of these food and party perks it's starting to really feel like a tech company now.

RSS Feed </> Embed