Grow Financial Reviews

3.1
Robert L Fisher

1. Great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is great working here for full time team members because we have pretty great benefits.

Cons

It would suck to be part time because no benefits.

Advice to Management

It would be great if our HRA rolled over with no maximum.

Great company, great culture.

Pros

Company truly cares about its employees. Absolutely great leadership and always on the cutting edge to provide top notch service to members

Cons

There really aren't many cons to list. If i had to pick one, its that some employees don't buy into the company culture due to a cynical expectation that its fake, though every company has that to some degree.

Middle Management Problems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k, everyone leaves exactly at 5pm

Cons

They preach "FUN" but it depends on your definition of "fun". If you like being forced to participate in painting activities, poem writing, pin the tail on the donkey, etc then this is the place for you. Only 10 vacation days, which you must accrue over time. Meaning you won't be able to take off in January assuming management approves the days off 3 weeks in advance. Managers in place got their jobs because half the company left for GTE. Their mgnt tactics embody inexperienced power hungry characteristics who manage by fear.

Advice to Management

Some senior leaders need to leave or must change their "manage" by fear tactics.

Real Estate Loan Officer

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Grow Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, especially 401k match and time off (if supervisor allows and approves dates good for mgmt, not employee)

Cons

Poor compensation. LO's required to perform A LOT of admin, processing, closing functions, Unlike any other financial institutions. And that won't change, processors/closers at HQ have it very easy at Grow. No marketing support outside of hillsborough county. Lack of decision making abilities, and project proposals, let alone initiation...takes few years for anything, such as products that fit your market to get done. Won't help production.

Quality Place to work / Great Employees

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There's a definite relaxed work culture. When requested there's competitive pay at positions. A growing Credit Union. The humble employees are what make it. It can be a long place of employment with decent benefits. Training available on site to develop employees into tomorrows leaders.

Cons

New movement into other states are the focus rather than rewarding employees (raises/bonus). Medical benefits are fading yearly. Growth brings new challenges from new places.

Advice to Management

Yearly disclose to individual employees the level of growth that can be reached with their current credentials. Need to improve on services such as checking account fees and lack of rates. Need to develop other departments such as Business lending and Mortgage lending.

Over worked

Current Employee - Retail Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promote from within thats a plus but the cons outweigh the pluses

Cons

there are lots, no overtime, bonus is pitiful, promised us a raise and only gave it to "some" employees, bunch of liars

Advice to Management

stick to what you tell employees dont go back on your word

Good People, Growth is Debateable

Current Employee - Branch Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good starting salary, job security, current expansion into other states,

Cons

No performance based comission structure even though we are required to sell mutliple products

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Extra money makes people happier than a trip to the zoo.

It can be disheartening if you want to make things better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Fantastic Benefits Package Excellent Compensation The organization openly accepts members of the LGBT community and offers health insurance benefits for domestic partners Company headquarters include a gym for employee use

Cons

Senior Management seems to have a very hard time finding a real direction to take the company in. There is frequently talk about changing the way that we do business, but we're so scared to rock the boat that we eventually back off and pretty much everything stays the same. Thing is, for the most part? We're pretty good at what we do and our members are happy with the services we offer. "Pretty good" doesn't encourage growth, though, and if you're really passionate about trying to find ways to change the organization for the better be prepared to be stonewalled on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

If you want to change the culture of your organization you have to be the living embodiment of what you want that culture to be. You cannot simply decide on a direction for the organization and the employees who aren't executives to live it if they don't see you practicing what you preach.

10. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Branch Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

I think the culture is great, and employees are valued. One of the best places I've ever worked, and I've been in banking for quite a while.

Cons

The typical things you'll find anywhere else - and in this economy, i think the goals are tough but fair.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines open. The all employee meeting was great and seemed to get people pumped. Dump some of the dead weight.

11. Good Companies/Employers are hard to find

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Grow has invested training time and dollars to help me do my job better. They also maintain very good employee benefits, including matching 401k contributions. They frequently provide and promote recognition to employees (below management levels). These are benefits and opportunities that are disappearing in many companies - especially those that are downsizing. For people who want to work and take advantage of opportunities within the company, the environment is great. I've seen many people promoted because of their dedication to the members and the organization.

Cons

Every company has issues and challenges, Grow is no exception. Are there challenges in communicating across a 500-person organization? Of course. But, I have seen changes to know that the company is working to improve. There are also challenges when the role of certain jobs changes. Some of this is due to changes in banking, and some is due to our current economy. Change is everywhere, and Grow has to adapt like every other business.

Advice to Management

More and more of the company's management seems to know what they're doing now than in years past. I like where the company is heading.

RSS Feed </> Embed