GrubHub Seamless
www.grubhub.com Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

GrubHub Seamless Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Matt Maloney

Fun, relatable, lots of opportunity

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time

ProsThe culture is right on point

ConsNot really any cons as things that could improve are merely opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you build it they will come.

Grubhub Campus Brand Ambassador

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at GrubHub Seamless as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey'll work around your schedule and you have the freedom to create any type of event. It was definitely a fun experience working with Grubhub because of the flexibility and interactive employees.

ConsAt times, communication with headquarters wasn't always transparent and sometimes the team will be left clueless about what to do until the day of the event. In other words, management and supervision could be better; we weren't always told what exactly to do during an event and we would get shipments of supplies late.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the campus brand supervisor better or replace him.

Started out so fun and then...

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for more than a year

ProsThe location is downtown and is very easy to get to, you get paid very well for holiday pay. Free food and gifts sometimes.

ConsFavoritism and rules are different depending on who you talk to. Their Quality Assurance team is a bunch of losers and useless. Helping the customer and resolving the issue isn't enough, they want you to do this and that one week and change it next week. Lots of people that look like they just got off the fryer at Wendy's got hired before I quit. Very trashy and unprofessional at times. It's a great starter job, but long term it's not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more flexibility in schedules, you just feel like a number and not a person after so many people being on the floor. It's pointless.

Great Workplace and Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GrubHub Seamless as an intern

ProsVery fun and energetic. Creative minds.

ConsBusy work. Weird Hours. Too laid back sometimes.

So far so good!

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with, everyone is younger and still full of excitement, especially since the merger. Within a year, both companies will be one and moving forward, I expect big things.

ConsPlenty of unanswerable questions from a new hire standpoint. Expect to get frustrated sometimes. Upon hiring expect to work whenever they tell you.

Great Experience in Fast Paced Start Up Company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for more than a year

Pros- You're a part of a unique, growing, fast paced company. You're not selling office supplies or insurance.

- Opportunities for travel

- Great group of people to work with in the department.

- Laid back attire. You wear Jeans and shorts instead of shirt and ties.

- Lot's of company and team meals/outings.

- Good pay if you perform well.

- Lot's of good perks like discounts on meals, rooftop deck at office, and benefits.

Cons- Experience a lot of changes. Company will make changes as they grow for better or worse.

- Poor pay if you don't perform well.

- Sometimes feel out of the loop with all the company decisions and changes.

Growing, Successful and Techy

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time

ProsIt makes a huge difference to work for a company that is growing and on its path to dominate a new industry. It's always better to work for a winner. Employees are sharp, it's a very diverse and friendly environment and they invest in employee perks & events.

ConsThis isn't a 9-5. Be prepared to work long hours with constant demands, even when you're out of the office or on vacation. The company runs lean, so don't expect a lot of support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more and focus on the post-merger culture

The environment's rewarding but chaotic

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for more than a year

ProsYou have supportive and intelligent coworkers and supervisors, the culture is laid back and enjoyable, and you can take on projects that interest you

ConsSometimes it's easy to get silo'd, things are moving so fast that something you do this month might not matter next month at all, and basically nothing is long term

Advice to Senior ManagementMore frequent updates on the company would be appreciated

Corporate Sales Executive

Corporate Sales Executive (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for more than 3 years

Prosculture if that's what your'e into

Consimmature work environment
poor leadership
short focus
LOW salary
weak bonus structure
colleagues are like children
clients are office managers
no one takes you seriously in your role
no mobility
no growth

Advice to Senior Managementknow who you hire and capitalize on their skill sets. just because a person has been there a couple years doesn't warrant him or her to a management level. this division lacks leadership, maturity, sales skills, and focus. they're all too concerned about their Facebook accounts, getting drunk or high, playing games with each other, or gossiping in their clicks that little to no work gets done.

Lack of ethics and loyalty to veteran tenured professionals

Outside Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at GrubHub Seamless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhen I started at the company in 2011 it was amazing. We were a family whether you worked in LA or DC or Chicago or NYC we looked out for each other and had a common goal. Thoughts and opinions were encouraged even if they went against the grain as long as they were productive and could bring something new to the table. We worked hard and played hard and were rewarded finically and with stock options for our hard work and loyalty. This is no longer true on the sales side.

ConsMost of middle management will sell their own mother's if it meant keeping their job for another 20 minutes. The lack of common ethics and loyalty to the people who helped to position this company for success is gone. No one cares if you have a family or are getting married....sorry miss quota because of a change in product your out it doesn't matter that you have the most profit in the company and have helped build the company into what it is today. Just remember it's not about people anymore but about how much investors and upper management can pad their pockets.

Advice to Senior ManagementMatt and Mike Is this the company you always hoped for? Is this the way you want your long term employees to feel? Is this what you hoped for when you left your jobs to become entrepreneurs? Remember who helped you build this company and not just who is putting money in today.

Worked for GrubHub Seamless? Contribute to the Community!

GrubHub Seamless Videos

GrubHub Seamless – Why Work for Us?

Like all good things, it began in a bar… Mike Evans gingerly sipping his Scotch, Matt Maloney unabashedly knocking back rye Manhattans Appletinis as the night devolved into what can only be described as armchair… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GrubHub Seamless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GrubHub Seamless CEO Matt Maloney. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by GrubHub Seamless employees.