Grundfos Pumps

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carsten Bjerg

Friendly environment and willingness to work with a deaf employee

Office Assistant/Finance Clerk (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsFriendly co-workers, Only giving out free food, and ensure that I always have something to do.

ConsNo cons since I was a part time employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stop caring about your employees

Lots of opportunity, lots of change

Management (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity for growth

ConsBe prepared for Constant, unnecessary change

Advice to Senior ManagementIs it worth all the turmoil to place the regional HQ in Chicago instead of Kansas City?

Don't fall for the hype

Management (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsNot too many. Company is going downhill and every attempt to improve makes it worse.

ConsCompany is led by folks in Denmark with little business experience outside their small environment. They believe that only Danish opinions matter, even when presented with management and marketing data that shows their methods to be prone to failure. They will sell you being a "great place to work" and "caring about people" but then fire people for having opinions that differ from leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the narrow, provincial view of Danish engineers is not a successful recipe for running an international company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management do not know what is going on

ProsGreat colleagues, driving away from Houston

ConsUS Management is not connected to the real world, Regional management is weak, VP's are comming and going fast

Marketing

ProsGood foundation of corporate responsibilty

ConsLower than avg pay, guys club, women aren't in management positions

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The Audi of pumping industry

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood general atmosphere and great brand. Grundfos is not listed in stock, instead it is owned by a family run foundation, and this really shows. The general atmosphere is way more productive, innovative and people oriented than in usual money-first kind of companies. The brand is well respected among the client base and making sales just happens.

ConsBig ships turn slowly, some projects lack agility.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe marketing first -mentality has its toll when products can't be delivered in time.

Grundfos India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfreedom to work wil be ensured

Consconsideration not given for the work we do

It is a Danish company and working with the Danish culture is a great experience.

ProsThe benefits are outstanding and salaries are very fair. Plenty of training is offered to support career interests. Learning is highly encouraged.

ConsAmerican management in some areas of the business is weak; leadership and people skills are somewhat lacking. Some managers do not take sincere interest in cultivating the growth of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose managers with strong leadership and vision, as well as mentoring and people skills who see how his/her team fits into the big picture and are interested in cultivating a strong cohesive team.

Personal experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall group to work with in Sales office. There are lots of benefits interm of medical and insurance, there is also onsite fitness room. Office environment is spacious lots of friendly people.

ConsSometime there is not enough resources, so outsourcing has become the norm. For some reason department seems to stay within department doesn't seems to be working together. It only seems they are working together is because some product required them to commucate with other department, otherwise socially they seem to stay within their own. Personally, they lie directly to employees when facing tough time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManager comes and go at this company, we like to joke about them if they sit in the bowl fish "glass" office they won't be here long. Just like we predicted, if you get promoted to one of those glass room you won't last long here at the company. For somereason or the other they don't seem to stay or last long when manager go there. My two sense.

satisfy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment allows me to be at ease with my working conditions.

ConsI enjoy working with grundfos.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoy working with grundfos.

Worked for Grundfos Pumps? Contribute to the Community!