Gruzen Samton

CEO

Good People, ok projects

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gruzen Samton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here a few years and from the start the staff has generally been friendly and welcoming. I was given some opportunities to participate in some decent projects, worked on some good teams and made some good friends.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of high profile projects--lots of projects where the budget is probably limited, so the design opportunities are limited.

value those who actually do the work as much as those who manage things.

Very corporate, so easy and nice, but nothing colorful or interesting.

Former Employee - Intern Architect in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Gruzen Samton

Pros

Overall, GS offers a relaxed environment, and some social events do occur. They organize site visits and some other events. You don't get chastised over little things but management keeps track of them.

Cons

The feeling I get from working here is that anonymity is appreciated. I found it difficult or impossible to form friendships. The workplace feels more like high school or college fraternities, where everyone is organized into cliques which you are either in or out of.

I appreciate the flexibility and ability to expand professional experience. The management is not bad, but the middle layers are a bit mucky, with a lot of time wasted. Try pushing harder for more projects, expand the language by attempting competitions and the like.

gs review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gruzen Samton

Pros

I felt the atmopshere was very friendly and pleasant. Althought I was there for a short periord of time, I found the work to be very challenging.

Cons

I think the hourly wages could be a little bit higher especially for interns, and experienced professionals and admin staff.

I think the decision process needs to be improved as they are too many partners and it is time consuming when making decisions.