Gruzen Samton

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good People, ok projects

New York, NY

ProsI've been here a few years and from the start the staff has generally been friendly and welcoming. I was given some opportunities to participate in some decent projects, worked on some good teams and made some good friends.

ConsThere seems to be a lack of high profile projects--lots of projects where the budget is probably limited, so the design opportunities are limited.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue those who actually do the work as much as those who manage things.

Very corporate, so easy and nice, but nothing colorful or interesting.

Intern Architect (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOverall, GS offers a relaxed environment, and some social events do occur. They organize site visits and some other events. You don't get chastised over little things but management keeps track of them.

ConsThe feeling I get from working here is that anonymity is appreciated. I found it difficult or impossible to form friendships. The workplace feels more like high school or college fraternities, where everyone is organized into cliques which you are either in or out of.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the flexibility and ability to expand professional experience. The management is not bad, but the middle layers are a bit mucky, with a lot of time wasted. Try pushing harder for more projects, expand the language by attempting competitions and the like.

gs review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI felt the atmopshere was very friendly and pleasant. Althought I was there for a short periord of time, I found the work to be very challenging.

ConsI think the hourly wages could be a little bit higher especially for interns, and experienced professionals and admin staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the decision process needs to be improved as they are too many partners and it is time consuming when making decisions.

Worked for Gruzen Samton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gruzen Samton reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Gruzen Samton employees.