Guaranteed Returns

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dean Volkes

Tight security for good reason

Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) Holbrook, NY

ProsGood starting pay and managers are fair.

ConsSome of the challenges are the scheduled break times and early starts due to 2 shifts in processing dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a suuestion box.

Horrible place to work.

Processor, Day Shift (Former Employee) Holbrook, NY

ProsThe hours are great if you're a morning person.

ConsThe company itself is so disorganized it's not even funny... They only pay you $10.00 an hour to be treated like an inmate at a jail. The warehouse is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter... You can find better...

Miss the steady Monday-Friday 7-3

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady schedule, decent pay above minimum wage, opportunity to learn, if you do your job and mind your business it's a pretty good place to work.

ConsRaises not always reflective of effort, coworkers gossip and can be very catty, distinct culture difference between warehouse and office reduces morale

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cut corners, put the employees first and don't treat people like prisoners. You can be secure without being irrational and learn to trust your employees and reward them for honesty. Also, you have to be honest to expect honesty

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trying to modernize

ProsI believe the company is moving in a new direction to include better organization, updates of website, technology and communication, but they are not there yet.

ConsOutside positions are 1099, so no benefits of health insurance, 401 K...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear with expectations and provide support for those initiatives.

Not for most people.

Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) Holbrook, NY

ProsHours on the day shift; my immediate supervisors and manager. A regular paycheck (when Payroll didn't screw up) and free coffee on breaks (when machine was maintained). Made some good friends.

ConsFront-office and warehouse cultures are too different (country club vs. jail). Surveillance and multiple daily searches make for a paranoid, miserable atmosphere. My coworkers congratulated me when I was leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat warehouse workers with respect; improve pay; increase opportunities for advancement.

A steady paycheck...

Processor, Day Shift (Former Employee) Holbrook, NY

ProsThe warehouse day shift schedule (7-3) and a steady paycheck.

ConsVery strict work conditions, extremely few opportunities for advancement. A complete disconnect between the warehouse and front office. Great relative discrepancies in pay for similar job functions. Low rate of pay, considering the specificity of procedures and possible exposure to medical and hazardous substances. Widespread low employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter rates of pay and more thorough training, More opportunities for cross-departmental and upward mobility.

Worked for Guaranteed Returns? Contribute to the Community!