Guaranteed Returns Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Dean Volkes

Great Company........Gone Bad.........this is not a judgment this is reality.

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Guaranteed Returns full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, fair pay, benefits that only benefit the company and very nice company appreciation day parties.

Cons

Well where to start, in the event the company survives its current loss of business due to a 45 page federal indictment I would advise that the company be refreshed from the top to mid level managers.The acting president would be a better fit at ringling brothers circus replacing the balance of the managers should provide needed assurance to the customers that the company has been cleansed.

Advice to Management

I would do your best to convince your remaining customers and employees that business will turn around and to stay positive and optimistic. Will the life boats be seated according to class? I hope they're not too crowded.

Best thing I ever did was leave this place

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Guaranteed Returns (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be alright. You could do your job and not have too many issues aside from the random freak outs/ power trips by "region managers" (who are mostly just pharmacy techs and secretaries that have no leadership, management or sales experience to speak of). You could usually wrap up your day by 3pm so that was nice.

Cons

as mentioned by others, payroll frequently screws up- swapping peoples pay, "forgetting" to pay, looking for any excuse to short you, only paying you when credits come in even though they take their money up front, etc... The owners pulled an office space/ superman 3 scam and got caught. The Company is facing over 200 million in fines directly and another 500 million in personal fines for the owners. Hard to see them getting out of this one without closing the company. 90% of business has left them so they are doing everything they can to squeeze existing customers. It was seriously hard to believe how mismanaged and crooked the company was. Even beyond the owner's corruption and greed, People just made up titles they were clearly not cut out for and really ran the place into the ground. The really frustrating part was talking to customers who saw the corruption and couldnt do anything. They'd get promised 50k and only get paid 8k. If I asked I always got the same answer- oh the wholesaler or mfg mustve just not paid or it's coming, its only been 9 months and sometimes it is just slow. I have one customer who is owed over 400k in back credits! such BS! Anyway, its about the worst situation you can imagine. If american greed was still on tv I'd totally expect to see these scumbags on there.

Advice to Management

Dust off that resume, you'll be looking for new jobs soon the way things are headed.

Lies, Lies, and More Lies from Crooks and Thieves

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Guaranteed Returns (More than 8 years)

Pros

Absolutely none, zero, nada, zilch

Cons

Owner of this company is under indictment for "allegedly" stealing millions of dollars. Same owner is still running things under the guise of an apparent "new CEO". Reps and employees are instructed to lie to clients about current legal circumstances to retain business. There is no future for this company, they have no integrity.

Advice to Management

Save what little dignity you have left and call it quits. Offer your employees a decent severance package, after all it was your wrong doing that ruined livelihoods.

Has the potential of being a great place to work

I worked at Guaranteed Returns full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are great. Job is not hard if you have attention to detail. I was able to run my department as I saw fit.

Cons

Many mangers have never worked for another company and manage only by emotion. Company is now under 45 page federal indictment and of course owners are fine its the employees who are suffering. New leadership team has offered no plan or guidance and has done nothing but cut jobs. When layoffs did occur good people were let go.Pay was low especially for the processors Benefits were terrible.

Advice to Management

A plan to move forward is a must. Management must begin to think out of the box. CEO needs to stop grandstanding roll up his sleeves and get to work.

Nobody likes a Judgmental Judy.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Guaranteed Returns full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Respectful and professional working environment with the normal ups and downs of any business. Great coworkers and management. As long as you put in the work and dedication, you have a good chance of promotion and advancement. Great industry to be a part of.

Cons

In regards to the current legal situation of the company it's very easy to jump to conclusions. Didn't we learn not to believe everything we hear? How about innocent until proven guilty? Understandably the business and employees have been affected but lets not get bitter and take it personally. Not every company can run like Google and provide a massages and nap time for their employees. But good news, Google is accepting applications.

Advice to Management

Communication and honesty is most important. Incentives are always beneficial to employees.

Regional Sales Executive

I worked at Guaranteed Returns

Pros

None that I can speak to. This is a very shady company. I would run, run, run very far away if you are considering an opportunity with this company.

Cons

Shady company with rude personnel. they take for the vantage of contract personnel and I can guarantee that they are breaking more than one labor law.

Advice to Management

Start surfing the career tab on EXP's website

8. I've been very happy working at the company for many years. Only disgruntled or those let go post negative comments.

I have been working at Guaranteed Returns full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees and customers are nice to work with. Pay is fair, employees are treated equally and respectfully.

Cons

Like working for any company it has it's ups and downs. If your a team player and work hard and are loyal you'll reep the benefits.

Advice to Management

Open communication is always beneficial for all. Keep up the good work.

Run while you still can

Former Employee - Anonymous in Holbrook, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Holbrook, NY

I worked at Guaranteed Returns full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were the best and made the job bearable

Cons

Promotions weren't given based on merit but on who kissed up the most, no communication between management and employees, absolutely no room for growth even though they tell you there is, they pile more and more work on you then what can possible be done and expect you to get it done, without taking in to consideration the amount of time that some of the projects can take. They constantly change company policies multiple times to fit whatever they need without thinking of the consequences for employees. Instead of improving company morale and the efforts to keep business going by giving employees incentives, they take things away.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like actual people instead of expendable property. Have advancements be based on merit rather than favoritism. Good Luck staying in business with the legal issues you are having...

Used to be a good company, now run by crooks and newbies to business.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Guaranteed Returns full-time

Pros

Used to be a good paying job that you could wiggle loose some free time from every now and then. Basically, you did your job and got paid a fair amount.

Cons

Oh geeze, where to begin...? You could never trust them to get payroll right ("accidentally" forgot my commission at least once a year, refused to fix even the most blatant errors in their systems, refused to provide reports justifying their calculations) then the owner was indicted for grand theft so a bunch of guys who were pharmacy techs, secretaries and accountants seized control and have taken this giant ship of fail to the next level. Lies and half truths all around, layoffs like crazy, we all sit around waiting to find out how were going to be paid; its worse than a movie. Everyone who can quit has, the rest of us are stuck with stupid noncompete agreements they wont let anyone out of. It's a daily nightmare.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the employees/ contractors (what a joke that is), and sell it to someone who knows what they are doing. Your warehouse workers could do a better job than you bumbling idiots.

Greed, lack of leadership. Run away!

I worked at Guaranteed Returns

Pros

Great co-workers and customers. Great industry

Cons

A company built on greed. Mis-managed from the top down. Current legal issues handcuffing people wanting to leave and stay in same industry.

Advice to Management

Sell the company...Start fresh from the top down.

RSS Feed </> Embed