Guaranty Financial

Guaranty Financial Reviews

3.3

Guaranty Financial President & CEO Kevin J. Hanigan
Kevin J. Hanigan

Love working at Guaranty Bank.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Guaranty Financial

Pros

They are very encouraging employees to further their education and advance their career within the company. They also have awesome benefits for me and my young family! I came from another bank in town that didn't value their employees but that's not the case at Guaranty. I've even referred several friends and they love working here as well.

Cons

There were a lot of branches all over the city and sometimes drive a little ways to help out at other branches. The hours are sporatic because it's a convenience bank which made it hard to work here as a student, but now that I'm full-time it's not a problem.

We need specific people at our branch to sell and specific people to run the teller drawers - not people that are expected to be experts at both.

We will see what the future holds for Guaranty

I have been working at Guaranty Financial

Pros

Great staff and support
    Beautiful offices and locations
    Smart people
    Good career track if you are in the banking centers---they tend to promote internally most of the time

Cons

just bought by BBVA Compass and future is uncertain
    Massive layoffs have created a very lean organization
    Those in the banking centers should have a job, but back office support is uncertain

More clarity with the future of the company would be appreciated by everyone in the company. I hope that those with a long tenure remain.

Let's get serious.

Current Employee - CSM
    Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Guaranty Financial

Pros

This company does take good care of the employees in a personal way. If you need time off, or need to meet an appointment outside of work, they are very good at letting you attend. Guaranty Bank does make an effort to take care of their employees and the people are very down to earth and fun to work with. The events are a lot of fun too!

Cons

Technology, Marketing and Market area research. Guaranty Bank has the most archaic systems, the worst policy and procedure manual I have ever seen, and for some reason they can't seem to think with common sense when it comes to filing things online, or titling documents. You see, Guaranty Bank has over 100 branches in Texas and over 50 in California. The problem is, they have NO CLUE how things are in California, how the people here operate, the time constraints and lack of patience most people here experience AND they (corporate) have no idea how to market to Californian's. What works in Texas is all good, but it means NOTHING in California, horrible marketing design, fliers that wouldn't catch a fly, no billboards, TV and very boring dry ad's on the radio.

Get a marketing department. Dont get it from Texas! You need to hire a consultant from N.Y., L.A. or Seattle, Washington. STOP being cheap in this area.

Also, get serious with the technology. The hierarchy is out of control...more authority and power to the branches, more access to see/view things and cut down on the paper/forms.

We're a public company that is pretty much owned by two people...

I have been working at Guaranty Financial

Pros

Vast majority of people are very friendly. Austin is a great town to live and work. Laid back atmosphere. Solid benefits and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Very new company that is struggling at the moment. Unsure future. As a recently spun off company, there is a good chance that we will be bought out by another firm within five years. Management has been very secretive about their plans. It feels like something big is going to happen soon and they are waiting until the last possible moment to tell everyone.

Greater transparency would be helpful. The current cost cutting initiative has gotten laughable in many ways (communication about the plants?). I just don't see how they are going to cut the amount that they have said they are looking to cut unless something big gets sold off (like some of the underperforming banking centers).