Guardian Alarm Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Douglas Pierce

1. Security Tech Team Member Recommends Working at Largest Security Company in the Midwest

Current Employee - Alarm Technician in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Alarm Technician in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Guardian Alarm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy assisting Commercial and Residential customers with their Alarm Systems. Currently the management has made drastic changes in making Guardian the best company to work for. This is a company where pointing the finger between the sales,Installers and serviceman and central station operators is minimal. The team approach used in each division makes this company most unique. Guardian is privately owned by the Pierce Family and is the largest security company in the mid west. It has a UL listed central station. It has been around since 1930.I want to drastically make a difference in how the new growing changes of the alarm industry can effect my customers. The INTERNET and GSM and AES Radio networks that Guardian uses for full security systems really separates us from the other players in our market. We provide the newest technologies such as ID View DVR’s, Oz Vision video transmitters and Videofied wireless video alarm systems.IP based alarm controls and CCTV devices which communicate over customer networks. Company vehicle provided for service technicians and most installers. 401k and health insurance benefits. Guardian is a friendly company to work for and as stated already this is a Family owned and operated company. I am part of the reason our customers are satisfied. In a conversation I had with the late founder of Guardian Alarm, Milton Pierce would always ask about his customers, Are my customers happy with us? Yes Sir! That's good, Every customer to Milton was a VIP. I am proud to be employed by Guardian.

Cons

Top of pay scale needs to be raised. Fleet vehicles are older and too small, need to hire more employees. Over time is available.(this may be a PRO)

Advice to Management

Customer Service is our business, We do a good job at providing same day and next day service. More employees will lower overtime and we will meet or exceed our customers expectations by working smarter not harder.

2. Unarmed Security Officer

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer, Surveillance Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Guardian Alarm (More than a year)

Pros

They pay every week and pretty accurate.

Cons

They don't give pay raises much.

Unorganized place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Guardian Alarm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly Free food sometimes Benefits ok Supervision try to listen Good job recognition sometimes

Cons

No good pay raises No good management No weekends off No 1 hour lunches No luck finding a parking space Pay for uniforms

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees or you'll lose them

5. Good pay, great co workers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI

I worked at Guardian Alarm (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice coworkers, good balance between work and life

Cons

Supervision is not the greatest

Advice to Management

Help instead of hurting

6. Flexible Company to work for

Pros

Worked with you on your hours of when you worked. Sent you on small day trips to really pretty rural areas.

Cons

Work load needs to be heavier. No health benefits are offered.

Advice to Management

Get bigger accounts.

Guardian alarm is a great company

Current Employee - Security Guard in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Southfield, MI

Pros

Flexible job. They work with you and your pay varies on your site.

Cons

Pay could be better, depends on site.

8. former career

Former Employee - Service Tech in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Guardian Alarm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good training with professional people

Cons

very unstructured when I worked there

9. Great place to work

Former Employee - Service Technician in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Southfield, MI

I worked at Guardian Alarm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the pros would include work availability, good people, nice benefits program, organized events, and a wonderful human resources department.

Cons

Not many cons to working here. If you work hard and apply yourself you will be rewarded.

10. You are better off working elsewhere.

Current Employee - Secuirity Guard
    Current Employee - Secuirity Guard

I have been working at Guardian Alarm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime when understaffed.

Cons

-No reliability when it comes to hours. -Management is a mess. -Dispatchers are very rude to the point where it seems like you bothered them by calling. -Whenever there is a problem dispatchers tell you to talk to the account manager who is impossible to get in contact with. -No room for advancement. Seems like they play favoritism. If you don't know anyone on the inside don't expect getting any sort of promotion.

Advice to Management

Get better dispatchers. Get better Account Managers that can actually be contacted.

One of the poorest in my career

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Guardian Alarm full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, some supervisors are helpful.

Cons

High health care cost, poor management, no potential for promotion within the company. No merit pay increase and this company does not value its employees.

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff, stop telling them the company has no debt but then dont reward them for the hard work they do. (a picnic annually is not a reward, half of us cant go because of work schedules). Repair the interior of the building, and conduct reviews more often on your supervisors and managers. I have seen people work here for less than a week and QUIT, they dont take this company serious an any way! Your employees are majority unhappy, some are there just because of senority.

RSS Feed </> Embed