Guardian Pharmacy Reviews

Fred Burke

Biller

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Fishers, IN

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant working environment and team.

Cons

Pay scale on the low side.

Pharmacist

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salaried, but still get overtime hours if you work extra. Our department's boss is great and gives us a lot of lenience as long as all the work gets done (can't say the same about other departments here.) Pharmacists are allowed to have their cell phones for "clinical" use. Every day is challenging, if you are into that. It is definitely a fast-paced environment (although it's so fast, no one can stop to take a look at what's going on.) Pharmacists are actually treated with respect here, unlike some of the other positions. Pharmacists are usually backed-up in their decisions, which I appreciate. Our department seems to have decent job stability.

Cons

There is a general sense of confusion around this pharmacy. A lot of backstabbing, and a very un-united management team. I think the owner has good intentions, but day-to-day operations are a mess. Every day we cannot get our runs out on time, and every day is a new exception. I am just an employee, but it is still bothersome. Pharmacists don't have their own desks, and have to rotate around workstations and computers. The pharmacy is very crowded and loud. You are required to endure "Country Thursday", which is enough to make you regret this career. This is the most confusing system I've ever used, luckily data entry knows it for the most part. Pay is much lower than retail, but it uses a LOT more clinical knowledge. We are definitely below the market rate, and it's not just my department. All employees appear to be underpaid. It's good that I don't get rusty on my clinical skills, but if we are dosing medications and doing clinical reviews, you'd think we would be paid closer to that of a hospital pharmacist. I had misconceptions about a long-term care pharmacy. Everything is based on numbers at this company, but it's TOO competitive. People blocking work, stealing documents, hogging, taking easy numbers. Most of the technicians they hire appear to have very little experience. They give them virtually no training, then expect pharmacists to catch everything. Data entry will ask for a little experience, even retail pharmacy experience. Fulfillment will take any person can breathe, or is a relative or friend of someone. There's no shortage of qualified techs, so they could do a much better job with who is hired. The good employees eventually quit, and the process starts over again. The company does not make it worth sticking around, for many. Benefits are the WORST I have ever seen. 401k plan is limited on investment options, and does not match well. I really hope Guardian and Saliba improve things. I would like to stick around.

Advice to Management

Put employees first. Look at the big picture of the pharmacy, rather than minutia. Hire the correct employees for the correct jobs, then train them. Listen to the concerns of your workers, whether techs or pharmacists. Make it worth working here.

Southern Corporate Company with Growth Potential

Former Employee - Finance and Accounting in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Finance and Accounting in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy

Pros

Improving culture-wise quickly over time

Cons

Poor PTO benefits, Strict hours with little flexibility

Advice to Management

Increase PTO

Listen

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy

Pros

Pizza Some Times, Covered parking

Cons

I had no idea we could write reviews here, but after seeing some others recently, I want to give my opinion. I would rate Salibas Pharmacy (Guardian) as "not completely terrible" ..... As a data entry technician, the job has long hours, inconvenient schedules, strict policies about cell phones and no talking and short breaks. There's even a No Spanish rule. Debes estar bromeando! I get that other companies have rules like this, but it's more then just that. The place is depressing to work at. We never make our runs, there's mandatory overtime. Theres no hope to move up in company unless you want to spend 10 years there. The pay is NOT worth the stress levers here since we are constantly behind and forced to take phone calls from angry people about other depts messups. All the time. We give feedback on our management but nothing ever happens its all for show! If you try to bring up an issue about a manager it will be turned against you. The owner takes everything personally. They act like they care but don't. Suggestions like practically go in the trash here. Guardian's invlvment is too protect the directors and owner not the employees. Some HR!! And theres drama. Oh the drama. I can honestly say the worst thing about Salibas is the drama. I really hope that are mangagement takes this seriously or else I'm looking else where.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like scum. We are all tired of working hard each year to make you millions and then we dont get raises in return. Think about people families and lifes for once. Please stand up for the workers fairness!

manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, interesting, challenging, results are emphasized, know where I stand. Team meetings are good. Feel like I make a difference. Senior management has open door, encourages ideas/input. They do a good job of keeping team up to date

Cons

Benefits could be better. Pharmacy is changing fast, not sure of future.

Advice to Management

Communicate more often

Goodbye, Guardian...

Former Employee - Lead Cycle Fill Technician in Oro Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Cycle Fill Technician in Oro Valley, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes drug reps bring free food. The coworkers are really cool people.

Cons

I worked at the Guardian Pharmacy of Tucson, aka The Wilmot Pharmacy.  The company was previously owned by two friendly brothers in the local area, a small local business that cared about its employees, their families, and the pharmacy's patients. Then Guardian and Saliba's stepped in, changing the business to the opposite. In a year, over a dozen employees were either fired or felt compelled to leave, out of a pharmacy with a staffing of only 6 employees originally! Most of this stemmed from the terrible and tyrannic management (you might of heard of Saliba's Pharmacy in Phoenix).  We were like losing business left and right. The employees were constantly to blame, even though we tried to give our management warning (and they swept it under the rug to protect their own jobs).  We randomly switched to a completely different pharmacy system, which had tons of bugs and incorrect information with our cycle fill. Again, employees were totally to blame for any problems! It was a depressing place to work cause that "family" feel had been taken away. Then we would get business back, and would not have the staffing to take it on! Management would tell us "it has to be done by this deadline no matter what...we will deal with any problems later", essentially meaning to fill all the meds as quickly as possible, even if they were wrong.  We are dealing with the health of patients in assisted living homes, but management only sees dollar signs from getting new contracts!! They want their profits and bonuses. This job like completely changed them. What you can expect from this company is a management team that tries to be your friend, while screwing you over at the same time. Our management would frequently tell employees they were doing great jobs, then suddenly give bad performance reviews (so they don't have to give raises). They would also repeatedly say they were excited to hire new employees due to increased business, then fire the old employees due to "budget problems". This must have happened at least 5 times while I was there. Everyone here recognizes the trend, but the two directors still think they are like super sneaky. They will not work with employees on how to improve...they just decide to "sneakily" replace them. They can't be professional about wanting to terminate employees. I spoke with the owner about my concerns with the company. While he initially seemed receptive, the response to everything was a dismissive "thank you for bringing this to my attention" and no change ever happened. Before I knew it, **I** was dealing with Guardian's HR department!  About criticizing the company and "harassing" management, for a company I've worked with for years and wanted to help!  They do not care about your suggestions or your legitimate concerns as an employee. We were also scolded for discussing our own wages and benefits.  Employees have rights, whether Guardian wants to admit it or not. Our pay and insurance plans are FAR BEYOND AVERAGE for this industry, but they compare us to retail pharmacy employees throwing pills in a vial. We are doing much higher level jobs, like medication therapy management and dispensing for facilities! But Guardian will go out of its way to shut you up. If you are hourly, they see you as a child who needs to be disciplined.  They would like rather spend more time and money dealing with who they see as "problem employees" then actually fixing the way the company operates. I left because I wasn't respected. I left because Guardian Pharmacy could not treat me like an adult. I left because the pharmacy director could not function professionally. This is the same director who did NOTHING when I came crying to him about how other employees treated me. I could keep going, but I hope you see my frustration and agony, as someone who once trusted and believed in this so-called "pharmacy". Please, avoid Wilmot Pharmacy and Saliba's Pharmacy. Avoid all Guardian pharmacies.  I hope no one ever has to repeat what I went through.

Advice to Management

Focus on being a family-oriented company, not a profit-oriented company. Treat people fairly.

Golden Rule? Hardly

Former Employee - Director in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Complex business that teaches you a wide variety of concepts -Very heavy use of technology which can be applied to many other industries

Cons

-Extremely political -HR in Atlanta is like a Gestapo unit. They're more concerned with being watchdogs and playing Gotcha than developing talent. -Upper level management is very cutthroat. Hubris must be a requirement in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Someday you'll realize that you have to pay competitive market wages and rely less on black box promises of future equity.

Not a Good Company!

Former Employee - Data Entry Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime is available but its usually mandatory

Cons

I was recently fired by Saliba's Pharmacy ((Guardian)). I respectfully put in my 2 weaks notice but then they fired me instead. Looking back im glad im not there anymore. I was frequenty in my bosses office to discuss my attitidute. They told me I was being too funny! That i goof off! I had decent numbers there but they still hardly give me a raise. Billing is allowed to goof off all day but if your in data entry it's shut up and work. I honestly could not stand my boss and her favoritism 4 the other people there. The pay is lousy and the sups and managers are 2 much drama to deal with. Mandatory overtime, constant schedule chagnes and medioker pay. I had great ideas too but they didn't want to hear them! Owner doesnt care either. Dont make the same mistake I did!!

Advice to Management

Sups and directors need to get off their cloud of judgement and treat employees correctly. Stop underpaying your employees!! Guardian in ATL needs to step in and realise they have greedy unqualified people running the show. This is one of the WORST work envirenments Ive ever been in.

Welcome to High School

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy

Pros

Covered parking if you get there early enough.

Cons

No talking, no cell phones, take 30 min lunch at your scheduled time, get back to work. Why aren't you at your desk? You went to the bathroom? Rumors, cliques, favoritism, lots of drama. No one here will treat you like an adult. On top of that, lousy pay, and often no raises. Only management get bonuses. You will get nothing for your hard work, except maybe the CHANCE to win a low-value giftcard. That's all a company that runs on millions can spare. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE! (Note: a lot of the "good" reviews here are posted by management/corporate in Atlanta. Trust an actual employee before working here!)

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults! Compensate them appropriately! It's that easy.

Company Does Not Care

Former Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Oro Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Oro Valley, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees get prescriptions at cash price, which is good because the benefits are so bad that it's cheaper to not get insurance.

Cons

This is one of the WORST pharmacies Ive ever worked for. Most employees are not here for over a year due to all the firings. The main problem is with the directors and owner. And the lack of care for employees. We were constantly behind on filling our cycle fill, we are never staffed right. They will ask you to drop everything for them and you get nothing in return. When things go wrong the employees get blamed! You will be thrown under the bus and then fired for there mistakes!! They cannot even order supplies to fill prescriptions or do your payroll correctly. People get rotated through jobs all the time.....and hours change consistently for no reason. The entire place is hanging by a string.....At least the old owners cared about employees needs. This company is all about THEIR profit, not about you! The pay is LOUSY. Insurance is expensive and you have to pay full price on all your copays. NO ONE gets raises or bonuses. One of the new directors is constantly making people uncomfortable with the things he says. You donot want to work here. The actual "corporate" Guardian people are just as bad. They trick you into being there friends but they are NOT looking out for you what so ever.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Focus on the needs of your company rather than lining your wallets with revenue from this company. Use employees as a team, not as disposable labor.

RSS Feed </> Embed