Guardsmark Canada Reviews

Guardsmark Canada

Current Employee - Security Guard
    Current Employee - Security Guard

I have been working at Guardsmark Canada

Pros

Above average pay, good learning and development program in place. Promotions available to those that stand out and excell. Generally higher calibre of workers are attracted to this company based on the higher wages.

Cons

They have a relatively small footprint in Canada, with few sites. The benefits are not as comprehensive as some other companies.

I basically think the Guardsmark Canada management is doing a good job. Because of their pricing strategies, they are sometimes priced out of the market. Not much can be done about that. The wages they pay are fair and enough to live off of. Unlike some more unscrupulous security companies.

Security Officer

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Guardsmark Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family like feel with management

Cons

Pay, Benefits, Opportunities, and demoralizing account manager

Focus on promoting from within, and giving your current employees opportunities to grow into more senior roles.

Guardsmark - Great for those looking for a challenge

Current Employee - Leaning and Development Specialist  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Leaning and Development Specialist in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Guardsmark Canada

Pros

This company is staffed by exceptional people. They are always willing and able to go above and beyond to make sure the job gets done. Guardsmark is not like any other security company out there; we provide the best security officers available in the market. Period.

Cons

Personally, my commute was a challenge, but that really has no bearing on you, the reader. Hours can be very long, but I think that was a product of the clientele that we have. Currently Guardsmark is going through a tremendous growth phase. There is *always* more work to do as a result. Deadlines can be a challenge simply due to how many there are at any given time. I don't really consider this a con so much as a "be prepared for this" kind of thing. Knowing what to expect will prevent you from forming expectations that will conflict with reality.

You need more people in the office :) I know it's not in the budget, but....you need more people. If basically everyone in the company is pulling overtime there's a problem. More managers will hire more officers and reduce management workload and stress, more officers will reduce overtime and burnout among front-line staff.

Hire a temporary employee or five if you don't want to consider hiring a permanent manager.

Worked for Guardsmark Canada? Contribute to the Community!