Guardsmark

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guardsmark Chairman and President Ira A. Lipman

Ira A. Lipman

Pros:
  • "No co-pay health insurance for full-time employees"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Free Uniforms ( a lot of them were worn by other people, before you"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "No direct deposit on most accounts/locations (some apparently have it now)"
    in 12 reviews
  • "So that means, no pay raises or cost of living increases"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

very skilled company to work with.

Parsippany, NJ

Prosto acquire more knowledge about security operations.

Consmust be up to the task to your assigned duties, be regular and punctual.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing to advice about.

A good stepping stone.

Security Officer (Current Employee)

ProsGuardsmark is a good place to get the knowledge needed for the security field, from one of the most respected companies in the industry.

Conswhen working at an outlying post, you almost feel as if you are forgotten. supplies are hard to come by and what you do get is usually second or third hand. if you have questions for upper management it usually takes awhile to get any answers.

Security Analyst

Security Analyst (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat, flexible, hard working team, I have nothing but good things to say about Guardsmark to an extent.

ConsDon't let them push you around. Stay firm with your salary and they'll cut you down at a moment notice. The branch office seems to be understaffed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The opportunity of learning things, in different client account you never thought about the assignments.

Hawthorne, CA

ProsAlways was able to make arrangements within the company, such as, scheduling, accounts, or shifts.

ConsThe opportunity for wages and benefits weren't quite there, along the length employment

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp make the most of opportunities, by compensating employees.

Middling experience as an employee

Security Officer/Security Guard (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAll the overtime you want, some decent managers who will take care of you. Pay isn't too bad for starting employees.

ConsGoing the extra mile is not rewarded at all. Being willing to work and cover any emergency shift gets you rewarded by cutting your normal hours so they can cram more employees at a site.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the employees who go out of their way to volunteer and make certain YOU have proper site coverage. There's no better way to foster bad feelings than to screw over your best workers.

I have worked for Guardsmark for the past seven months, and it is one of the better security companies I have worked wit

ProsGuardsmark is a good company to work with and one of the few security companies that offer a benefit package

ConsI have found no cons as of yet

It's alright for what it is.

Security Officer/Security Guard (Former Employee)

ProsIf you get placed at a big client site you get most of the good perks of working for the company (Better pay, better insurance deals and better hours).
    Free uniforms.
    Easy job usually.
    Good for work experience.
    The only reason I'd recommend this job to anybody is that it's really just a easy paycheck. If you can't find anything better than it's alright. Just make sure you don't let anything go wrong with the location you are working at and you can be employed until you die.

ConsExpect late checks when you start and continue to expect them if direct deposit is not available.
    Expect to have your hours cut if it will save a little bit of money.
    Don't expect a promotion.
    Don't expect a pay increase (Unless the company some how gets a pay increase and even then it's probably no going to be passed on to you.
    Crappy uniforms and long wait times to get replacement uniforms.
    Backstabbing is almost encouraged. Unless you can find a group of people who will look after each other you will basically be on your own.
    Hard work is appreciated but not acknowledged (Don't put in extra effort if you don't have to as they will both get the same outcome).
    Expect to be talked down to and sometimes berated (Whether jokingly or intentionally).

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better or at least reward those who show loyalty and go the extra mile. Get uniforms out in a timely manner, make sure paychecks arrive ON payday and are not MAILED ON PAYDAY. Train people better. Don't pinch every penny you get to the point where 20 dollars in the companies pocket is worth more than 10 dollars in the employees pocket. Create positions instead of reducing them.

Supported my living for 4.5 years

Lieutenant Security Officer (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsFlexibility and the opportunity to work for multiple customers. Learning and developing various skills as job responsibilities are unique to each position assigned.

ConsUnder paid and unappreciated especially with high risk and experience necessary positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate those who work hard for and represent the company, valuing, rewarding and compensate them for their service. Promote within.

Worked here over 10 yrs and it was a perfect job for that time in my life

Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsMany different locations so a transfer is always possible

ConsWages are sketchy, you can be quoted one wage and hire in at a different wage without being told the difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you get a great person working for the company, reward him or her!

great

Prosyou'll always have 40 hours.

Consmoving to different post and the pay will not change

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardsmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guardsmark CEO Ira A. Lipman. All 114 reviews posted anonymously by Guardsmark employees.