Gucci Reviews

Patrizio di Marco

Very Good

Current Employee - Multi-Channel Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Multi-Channel Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Gucci as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good employees and management/ Employees sales

Cons

long work time/ personal growth is limited

N/A

gucci

I have been working at Gucci

Pros

great company to have as an entry level in the luxury retail and for your resume experience

Cons

mng has lots flaws to work on

Management is incompetent

I worked at Gucci full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my co-workers. We definitely supported each other in the day to day, especially when dealing with management who didn't know what they were really doing.

Cons

Management was horrible. They did not consider anyone's opinions or ideas even if an employee had been there for much longer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not recommended Dallas Galleria Mall

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Gucci full-time for more than a year

Pros

50% Discount and great coworkers, it's about it. Gucci is a great company however we did not have the right managers for us to love the company

Cons

Store manager and assistant managers are not supportive. Associates and selling supervisors works 40+ hours a week. There's no work/life balance.

Store managers and assistant manager sits in the back office all day. Associates and supervisors works extremely hard to make their monthly goals, while managers do nothing, yet they get bonuses monthly for what associates and supervises do. I could go and one. Basically this was just a horrible job!!! And there has been a lot of turnovers both locations in Dallas.

Do as you say. Be dependable. It's okay to praise associates want to do good. Not approach them every time they do something on by mistake.

great place to work

I worked at Gucci

Pros

After working for Gucci, you gain more employment opportunities with other luxury brands.
    Gucci is reputable and sells itself.
    Their are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The hours are heavy and the customers are demanding.

Terrible, lazy, inconsiderate, incompetent Store Manager at Beverly Center location

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gucci full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discounts, pay, benefits, networking, styling

Cons

Bullied by management forcing employees to quit. The most immature manager I've ever dealt with!

Employees get bullied by upper management and treated like they are worthless.
    Store manager doesn't deserve the praise she gets from Senior levels.
    I could go on and on...

Be supportive of your employees decisions since they are the ones really working hard while you sit at your desk all day on the phone laughing.
    Stop bullying your staff! You aren't better than them! This is exactly why all the good employees have left! They were bullied until they had no other choice but to quit!

SENIOR LEVELS-You should actually watch the cameras sometime to see what really goes on since the store manager does nothing nor does she know how to do most operational functions. Put her to the test and you'll see you've been fooled!

Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Gucci as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Hands on experience, work on big projects like the Grammys

Cons

unpaid, unstipend, sometimes boring because there is not work to do

keep doing what you are doing

Very displeased with what I expected to be a prestigious brand and company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Gucci full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only 2 pros:
    Employee discount.
    And the opportunity to make your paycheck as big as you want, depending on how hard you want to work.

Cons

Very, very low employee morale. This doesn't just include a single store but extends all the way up to corporate. This is the only company that does not make themselves expendable for their employees to contact upper management if any concerns arise. Corporate does not offer any training even to their store supervisors and management; they do not care enough to. Causing a ripple effect down to the customer. They do not care about customer satisfaction, so why would they care about employee training. This company runs off of its name only and which celebrities buy their product. They give me reason to believe that because their brand name is GUCCI they do not have to work on being a good company because their product will still sell and celebrities will still buy!!!!

Care more about your employees and care more about your customers. Giving an employee desire to be there will raise employee morale and in turn cause better customer satisfaction ultimately raising profit.

Discounts are good but culture can be revamped along with Management

Former Employee - Finance  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Finance in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Gucci full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounts and co workers are great.

Cons

Favoritism, management has no leadership and is to busy with their work and not enough time with their own staff. Training is not provided what so ever. You are to do as your told. Promoting internally to people with no management back grounds what so ever and cannot manage their own staff let alone their team. Long hours sometimes until midnight with little or no consideration for a work life balance. Very disappointed with this group.

Please think before hiring employees and kindly choose to consider your colleagues before promoting. Basing it on favoritism is not a forte. Providing training to junior level associates is the key to success in a business along with leadership which unfortunately was not at the group what so ever.

Gucci is a great company to work for!

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Gucci full-time for more than a year

Pros

This Company is a very intense but fun place to work

Cons

The only draw backs are that they don't realize that as humans we are not perfect and they are not tolerable to small mistakes or hiccups that sometimes happen.

If one of you subordinates has made a mistake and you know that the mistake is not a reflection of that persons character, sometimes it is better to ere in the persons favor rather then cutting them off at the knees with no counseling or chance to redeem themselves, you cant hold your employees to a higher standard then yourself. and if you terminate someone call after a few weeks or months a find out how they are doing.

Worked for Gucci? Contribute to the Community!