Guckenheimer

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Randall Boyd

Company is focused on providing quality food using exceptional ingredients. Not very people minded.

Area Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIt is great to use the best ingredients possible and to work for a company that does not accept mediocrity. The budgets are written in such a way that allows you to use the high quality ingredients in order to deliver a superior product.

ConsCompany does not promote an atmosphere of work/life balance. Managers are expected to live solely for their jobs and PTO can be very difficult to come by. Corporate managers tend to be fairly condensending especially the corporate chef but the training folks are actually very nice.

not to cool

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdecent benefits, large company, able to be creative, team oriented to a degree, focused on quality, focused on guest satisfaction

Consmany hours, antiquated management style, inadequate training on managerial items, no work/life balance at all, no resources for hr issues, upper management not into setting you up to succeed, poor communication, travel expected on short notice

Advice to Senior Managementthe culture needs to be better explained, the expectations need to be clear, the antiquated management style needs to be updated, the favoritism and harassment need to handled by hr not upper management, micro management needs to stop its counter productive, fair avenues need to be placed to report upper managerial issues, line level should unionize

Please deal with upper management.

Barista (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI like the whole healthy living thing, really I do. The food was actually great, and getting to eat it for lunch was nice. My co-workers (not management) were also lovely.

ConsUpper management needs an attitude adjustment. Like, hovering while I clean won't make me go faster. Maybe if you hired more than one person to close up shop, it could be done faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor pay, middle management "disconnected".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in a creative environment with local, organic all natural ingredients. Relationships that are developed with other staff members and clients.

ConsOver three years employed with no raise. Reviews were over 6 months late or simply non existent. Horribly understaffed! Upper management only cares about bottom lines and bonuses and does not listen to the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take the time to listen to your staff with suggestions, concerns or comments. Better team building and recognition for jobs well done.

very educational

Cashier (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsI have learned so much from working here. More ideas on how to cook at home, my customer service skills and grown

Consthere is a lot to get done and not a lot of time. some things have to be done right then and there and there could be 5 things on that list.

A great Company to work for.

Line Cook (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat Benefits, good management

ConsThey don't promote within as much as they could

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within

it's a good company to work for

Prosgreat benefits. great schedule no weekends in the food industry is hard to find but they promise no weekends.

Consthere are good days and bad days when catering orders are high and the management expects you to finish the big catering order and everything on your station right on time with just one person or two it's very tiring

Advice to Senior Managementtreat all of your employees fairly and some managers should stop showing so much favoritism

Unsafe! Unfair!

Everything (Former Employee) Belfast, ME

ProsWeekends off, but even sometimes asked to go in for deep cleaning

ConsEVERYTHING! Upper "management" doesn't respect or listen to ideas concerns or questions. Constantly talking down to employees daily! Treated like we are stupid uneducated drones expected to just serve tasteless unsafe food. I filed a complaint and now am not allowed to work! They sweep their problems under their chef mats and don't listen to the employees on the front line!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone who knows what they are doing and stop acting like you are right and we are wrong! We are NOT numbers for your collection, we are people and we are the face of your company, give us RESPECT

Great company to work for

Food Service Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHigh quality services to both customers and employees with innovative and stable leadership in a company that values it's employees as much as it's customers. This is one of the only companies I've worked for that I can say I'm proud to be a part of. They made it through a difficult financial crisis and now with a solid CEO at the helm, the sky is the limit.

ConsThough the company is not represented everywhere in the country at this time, expansion is a definite.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and keep expanding!

Lies and more lies,middle management are hench men swinging ropes

Executive Chef (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

Prospay is good, although there is no commuting incentives, the company places you where fit not promised

ConsMiddle management is set up to fail you. Executive Chefs have no say in the food, except in rare occasions

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Guckenheimer? Contribute to the Community!