Guess? Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated October 9, 2014
2.9

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano
Paul Marciano

Pros
  • Factory, you have 40% employee discount for regular price items and the markdowns are really good (in 32 reviews)

• You get a 40% discount and they are very flexible regarding a schedule (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • While most upper management was pretty fair, there was some politics that got in the way sometimes (in 17 reviews)

• They promote work life balance but don't really stand by it (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for extra income

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Is nice to work in GUESS? Factory, you have 40% employee discount for regular price items and the markdowns are really good.

Cons

Depends on the store (mine is a slow-paced store) you can have from 15hrs/weekkly to maybe 20-25hrs/week (shifts are 5hrs shifts). Just for an extra income.

More incentives...

Sales Associate in Miami, FL

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Florida City, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Florida City, FL

I worked at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Discount on clothes. While working here, you get 40% everything in the store. On one weekend a month, that discount gets raised to 50% a month. This discount applies to any of the Guess stores. Fun work environment. Most people working there were very nice to one another. High variety of foreign clientele visit this branch, and it is interesting to interact with people of so many cultures.

Cons

Pretty mundane and boring work... All you do is fold clothes all day until someone asks you to look for something in the back. Lunch breaks are only 15 minutes long, every 4 hours for part- time employees. 15 minutes is hardly enough time to get food anywhere if you forget to bring your own. Employees of the higher end branches can be very snobby. Hardly got any hours working as part-time, even though I was out-selling the full-time employees.

Plan hours for part-time employees more efficiently.

What makes a great company is people.

Current Employee - Co Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Who does like fashion? And Guess is a great company to learn a lot more about trends, driving sales and customer service. Great discount.

Cons

Upper leaders like they like to call themselves think of themselves like aGod, so they like treating their associates with little respect ( at least in my store) there is no motivation and everyday they're are coming up with a different focus which takes away what we really need to focus which is customers and sales.

People are what make companies, the way the feel where they work is important because good vibes make anything possible. A company shouldn't be ran by who is who's favorite but by who works and shows passion and dedication. I've worked with many great leaders but the ones I have now have just pushed me away we the disrespect and mistreatment of the store manager and one of the cos. it's sad because I thought I would be able to grow old with Guess since the company is great, the people hmmm no that much.

Current Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management. Great opportunities. Chance for personal growth if you exceed standards.

Cons

Work life. No holidays off.

I would never go back.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Miami, FL

I worked at Guess? full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're lucky, the people you work with will be cool. The discount is nice.

Cons

Having to push people to buy was annoying. Being on top of them to make sure they don't steal is worse. Your floor sets are over night; once or twice a month and it really messes with your sleep schedule. And if you don't finish, you're expected to keep working even though you've been work since 9pm the night before and haven't had a break.
    You have to mathematically brake down your business results every night and leave a voice mail. Very antiquated system. They don't care about their people. There is no training program to help move you up. Favoritism is the name of the game.

You need to take care of your employees. Cultivate and have a consistent talent pipeline. Enforce an open door policy. Have better training. Upgrade your technology.

Horrible

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good workers, meet new people every day

Cons

Managers don't care about their customers or employees

Fire everyone and hire people that care

You are not valued, your exploited.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Guess? part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are friendly co workers, the discount is very good, bonuses at times if you reach sales goals.

Cons

There is favoritism where scheduling is concerned, sales competition from managers, company contest winners are not rewarded like promised.

Management needs to leave the selling to the sales associates, they need to diversify the scheduled hours of associates.

Professional in a fun way

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, good quality, and good incentives and employee discounts.

Cons

Theres nothing negative for now.

Guess by Marciano

Former Employee - Sale Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sale Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent discount on clothes i guess.

Cons

Everything else! You have to wear their clothes everyday, so pretty much you are working to buy their clothes. Many times they had me in the back by myself in my 120+ Marciano dresses and heels, steaming garments. Like really i had to spend money to wear clothes to come here then you stick me in the back all day. NO!

Employees should not be forced to wear Marciano everyday! And dont be so pushy towards your employees to sell, i can sell alot better when your not pushing me into peoples dressing rooms to sell sell sell!!

People company but not people oriented.

Current Employee - Co Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Guess? full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

a people company, nice fun

Cons

very disorganized and the upper management will promised things but they will not deliver. need more training structure. and careers classes and pay more to the co managers

very high turn over company. keep people to keep legacy

Guess? Photos