Guess?

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano

Paul Marciano

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Current Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat management. Great opportunities. Chance for personal growth if you exceed standards.

ConsWork life. No holidays off.

You are not valued, your exploited.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThere are friendly co workers, the discount is very good, bonuses at times if you reach sales goals.

ConsThere is favoritism where scheduling is concerned, sales competition from managers, company contest winners are not rewarded like promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to leave the selling to the sales associates, they need to diversify the scheduled hours of associates.

Professional in a fun way

Sale Associate (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsFun environment, good quality, and good incentives and employee discounts.

ConsTheres nothing negative for now.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Guess by Marciano

Sale Associate (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsDecent discount on clothes i guess.

ConsEverything else! You have to wear their clothes everyday, so pretty much you are working to buy their clothes. Many times they had me in the back by myself in my 120+ Marciano dresses and heels, steaming garments. Like really i had to spend money to wear clothes to come here then you stick me in the back all day. NO!

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should not be forced to wear Marciano everyday! And dont be so pushy towards your employees to sell, i can sell alot better when your not pushing me into peoples dressing rooms to sell sell sell!!

People company but not people oriented.

Co Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

Prosa people company, nice fun

Consvery disorganized and the upper management will promised things but they will not deliver. need more training structure. and careers classes and pay more to the co managers

Advice to Senior Managementvery high turn over company. keep people to keep legacy

store manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsOverall a great place to work! Leadership takes ownership of when they make a mistake.

ConsThe company is going through some growing pains and restructuring which often leads to mis communication and constant change in focus

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the obsticals that are persented by people in the field and not dismiss them as "excuses". Identifing opportunities is how we can manage around them.

Okay place to work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Miami Beach, FL

ProsGreat discount on somewhat fashionable clothes. Awesome benefits

ConsLong hours! open every day until midnight even on holidays, i.e christmas and new years.

Management not good with communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe work harder with new managers. Less frat with associates and managers.

Why not GUESS? Because you will hate your life.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsRecognizable brand. Great marketing campaigns, good discount.

ConsRidiculous level of micro-management from corporate down to store level. You have to write a report about everything, including a report about writing a report. It's just stupid and time-wasting. DM's are out of touch with day to day needs of managers. Managers not given the support to develop store employees..therefore everyone feels like they are just a number. Insane amount of work hours for management, especially when they are shortchanged in payroll $'s and hours. It's just not worth it. The pay is not bad, but you will hate your life. Believe me.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and recognize that keeping them motivated and happy will decrease turnover. Your Store Managers work extremely hard and are very dedicated. Let them have a life once in a while!

Working at GUESS

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Miami Beach, FL

ProsGreat discount. Young atmosphere. Awesome bonuses. Great incentives.

ConsLOOONG hours. Some locations are open 365 days of the year til about midnight. Very sales driven, to the point it was obsessive and counterproductive.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better structure in training and work on objectivity with staff

Avoid guess at all cost!!!

Salesperson (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsYou can benefit from the great employee discount wich is 40%, besides that there is no positives to work for guess.

ConsThe hourly salary of $9 is ridiculous and amount of work to be done for this salary is insane!! No respect between fellow co workers, very child like athmosphere. Oh and do not expect to have a life besides your job, it simply won't happen. when you close the store you will be lucky if you get out by 11:30 pm. also I don't know if it is legal but they make you take only a half hour lunch break no matter how many hours you work during that day. All the people i know that work in retail have a full hour break. just take my advice do not even consider working at guess unless you are looking to get a great employee discount.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like 2 year old!!!!

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? reviews and ratings in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guess? CEO Paul Marciano. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees.