Guess? Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano
Paul Marciano

Pros
  • Employee discount on clothing - if you're into this brand of clothing (pretty much copying all the competitors in the market anyway) (in 32 reviews)

• You get a 40% discount and they are very flexible regarding a schedule (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not the best (in 12 reviews)

• HR & upper Management are not very understanding (in 17 reviews)

An exciting, sexy place to work.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess?

Pros

If you know how to work the system and play office politics, you can move up very quickly here. In general, GUESS employees are very passionate about their work, and they usually have the power to implement change without very much red tape. Entry level employees are not generally expected to work long hours, although managers and above are. Plus, it's fun to work for a sexy and fashionable company that all your friends know of. Benefits are pretty generous, and perks include an on-site gym, cafe, casual dress code, and 40% discount.

Cons

If you're not comfortable with a political environment, you won't succeed here. There's not much teamwork; it's a very competitive place to work. Paul and Maurice Marciano can be very difficult to work for if you have a lot of interaction with them, and, yes, they have been known to make decisions based on a whim or personal feeling. They are brilliant business people, but tend to get into the details of the business, instead of focusing on the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

To Paul and Maurice, please step back and let your very talented management handle the day-to-day business.

Good company, fun environment and great perks!

Former Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess?

Pros

Great Managers, face time with managers, developed employees, employee recognition, fun work environment, associate discount (corp office store!!).

Cons

sometimes the politics of the corporate environment

Advice to Management

continue to develop your team

3. great

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Washington, PA

I have been working at Guess?

Pros

Awseome.. Loved every minute of it. The new management is great. discount is better than most. I love the brand. Close to home.

Cons

Retail is hard. It takes someone with a think skin to be able to put up with some of this crap.

Advice to Management

The new mamagement is doing a great job. The store was bad, but lately it is the best store at the outlets. I always go there first. great discounts lately.

5. Fun Young Atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess?

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, Fun young people working there. Fashion forward thinking from all employees. Room for growth within in the company is prevalent

Cons

Driving 30 minuted to work everyday through all of the crazy traffic in LA. I would recommend living closer to where you work.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees as they are the ones driving the business and putting all of the hard work into the brand.

6. Great company with good core values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Guess?

Pros

great company, good perks, ability to move around company. It is a great atmosphere if you are a college or high school student

Cons

No real room for advancement not a career job

Advice to Management

Just make sure you keep your employees first, customers second and that will in turn create profit for all. Nice

7. great

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Guess?

Pros

The people really make it a good environment to work in; because of that, it made me want to go to work even more.

Cons

There really wasn't any downsides of working at Guess, except for cleaning/closing/opening, but those come with any job. So I can't complain.

8. A great place to be.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Guess?

Pros

The people that you encounter, and the people you work with make it a great place to be. Those are the most important factors, I feel.

Cons

It can be extremely busy, so if you're lazy - you should not work here. There are sales, and numerous things that draw the consumer in.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive and interactive with the employees. Overall I think that they do a great job. I couldn't complain. I still love the ones I worked with.

9. I love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Guess? full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that I get to come to work and have fun every single day! While for some, the intense selling environment may not be their cup of tea, I find that my customers and peers don't really feel like we are selling as much as I am serving as their personal stylist. This is a great place to work if you are outgoing, love fashion and have a desire to win.

Cons

Sometimes the workload and amount payroll don't necessarily align so you have to be creative and find ways to run a profitable business without sacrificing service or operations. Also, with such a selling based culture, it is disturbing that managers are not paid more or at least given any commission on their sales as they are expected to do most of the store's volume.

Advice to Management

Commission, commission, commission!

10. Great fun place to be and friends turned family

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Guess? full-time (More than a year)

Pros

understanding caring individuals short shifts flexible discount online and in store

Cons

i dont really have any

11. Great place to work during college

I worked at Guess?

Pros

Flexible schedule for busy young students

Cons

Very few available hours, might need a second job

RSS Feed </> Embed